Hot Rod Black - French Vanilla Silk X-LS Encore Revised Pricing with Pictures

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
Here is the updated pricing on the X-LS Encores.

Standard Encores are $450 per pair in either Hot Rod Black, or French Vanilla Silk. :drool:

Upgrade options and pricing are listed within the X-LS Encore order section of the product page. http://gr-research.com/x-lsencorekit.aspx

There is a $15.00 installation charge for the NoRez.

Flat pack enclosures are also available and are $100 pr.

To place your order you can either PM me, or send me an email. My email address is listed within my Audio Circle user profile. Please include your zip code with your inquiry so that I can include the shipping charges with your total. Your order will ship via FedEx Home Delivery.

PayPal, money order and personal checks accepted. PayPal is + 3% unless you select the 'Friends and Family' transfer option. Hey, we're all friends around here. :green:

Thanks,

Ruben

French Vanilla Silk

Hot Rod Black with tube connector upgrade.

Flat-pack

Forgot to include the 3/4" x 3/4" x 7" braces in the picture, but they are included.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2015, 02:01 am by Outofthewoods »

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
Added pics of the flat pack and standard "French Vanilla Silk" finish option.

Ruben

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Added pics of the flat pack and standard "French Vanilla Silk" finish option.

Ruben

"French Vanilla Silk" Sounds like a latte to this Seattleite.

These look really nice Ruben, very good looking speakers.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
"French Vanilla Silk" Sounds like a latte to this Seattleite.

These look really nice Ruben, very good looking speakers.

Thanks, Greg!

The finish looks tasty in person. The first thing that pop into my mind while coating the enclosures was french vanilla. I added silk to describe the silky smooth feel of the finish. It also describes one of the characteristics of the speaker.  :wink:

Ruben

chip

Wow great work as always! That vanilla is hot!  :thumb:

RDavidson

Nice work. I like that you didn't try to hide the seams between the panels with filler and a bunch of sanding or cover them with filler and veneer. I think what you've done adds a subtle visual detail that makes the speakers more interesting than they'd be otherwise.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Nice work. I like that you didn't try to hide the seams between the panels with filler and a bunch of sanding or cover them with filler and veneer. I think what you've done adds a subtle visual detail that makes the speakers more interesting than they'd be otherwise.

I completely agree, Rubin did the same thing on my super V sub boxes which is what he did on the Super 7's. It looks really clean, is a nice detail and it solves a problem that like you say is otherwise labor intensive to overcome.

bdp24

French Vanillae (British spelling)---the name of my first teen rock 'n' roll combo, in '65. Hot Rod Black---should be between this, which looks like Satin Black, and Flat Black. Satin has a little too much sheen for the Hot Rod look. The Hot Rod guys are painting their customs with black John Deere Tractor paint, which is a really cool black. Not flat, but not satin---right in between.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
Yep, it looks great on customs!

I'll have to look into the John Deere stuff. Might be a more cost effective option.

I used a Hot Rod Black acrylic lacquer on the Encores.

Here's another view that shows it in a more diffused light.

Ruben

bdp24

Wicked cool!

rockdrummer

Gorgeous.  Simple and stylish. I like it.
ben

lacro

The Hot Rod guys are painting their customs with black John Deere Tractor paint, which is a really cool black. Not flat, but not satin---right in between.

That info is interesting... I have a local Dollar Store which is not your typical Dollar Store that just has junk made for such stores. This store  buys stuff that is from stores going out of business, overages, miss placed items from trucking companies, etc. I find super deals all the time!! The John Deere (actual JD brand) black paint I picked up a while ago, and used it on my rear surround speaker stands. It is a really nice shade of black. I wish I had bought more for the $1 per quart I paid!!
Actually, just today I saw a Harley painted Hot Rod Black. It looked pretty sweet! Good color choice Ruben :thumb:

Ron

Your cabinets look great Ruben. Nice work.  :thumb: Question - Do you normally spray on a primer first prior to spraying on the the acrylic lacquer ?  Also, what type of joints do you use to connect the sides, front, and back? Does your flat pack X-LS Encore cabinets use the same type joints?

Ron

bdp24

That info is interesting... I have a local Dollar Store which is not your typical Dollar Store that just has junk made for such stores. This store  buys stuff that is from stores going out of business, overages, miss placed items from trucking companies, etc. I find super deals all the time!! The John Deere (actual JD brand) black paint I picked up a while ago, and used it on my rear surround speaker stands. It is a really nice shade of black. I wish I had bought more for the $1 per quart I paid!!
Actually, just today I saw a Harley painted Hot Rod Black. It looked pretty sweet! Good color choice Ruben :thumb:

Yeah, Harley calls that black "swede". It looks a lot tougher than gloss black, like an old leather motorcycle jacket!

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
Thanks for the comments, guys. :D

Do you normally spray on a primer first prior to spraying on the the acrylic lacquer ?

Hey Ron,

Yes, Sir. I use a hi-solids acrylic lacquer primer/surfacer.

Also, what type of joints do you use to connect the sides, front, and back?

These were built using only butt joinery.

Does your flat pack X-LS Encore cabinets use the same type joints?

Yes it does.

Ruben

Ron

Thanks Ruben. I appreciate you answering my questions.

Ron

PMAT

Butt joints with the right glue and technique is STRONG as hell.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  Thanks Ruben. I appreciate you answering my questions.

Ron

You're welcome, Ron.

Ruben

roscoe65

The black ones are a pair that Ruben made for me.  They arrived today and are breaking in right now.  The pictures don't do them justice.  Beautiful construction, excellent fit and finish and Ruben was an absolute pleasure to deal with.

For the price (and maybe twice the price) you would be hard pressed to find a better pair of speakers.

Randy

harley52

Can you give dimensions and weight and  a price on a finished pr. in the Silk Vanilla ?
Thanks much,
Steve