MWI - ModWright Instruments - Capacitors Available for DIY or OEM!

modwright

We have a limited number of values available in our MWI Capacitor line and are now offering them for DIY or OEM use.

Our Best capacitor is our MWI TEF series of Teflon film and foil capacitors.  We have the following values available:

.01uf-400V (.875"L x .5"Dia.)
.1uf-400V   (1.125"L x 1.25"Dia.)
.22uf-400V (1.5"L x 1.25"Dia.)

These are THE BEST capacitors that we know of for use in signal coupling and bypass as well as power supply bypass.  Please note dimensions as the TEF series of capacitors are very large physically.  For instance, the .1uf-400V TEF cap is nearly as large as the 4.7uf-400V MOIP type MWI capacitors.

Our best larger value capacitors for signal coupling and power supplies are a metalized oil-impregnated polypropylene.  Our oil-impregnated series in place of other capacitors will increase overall body and weight of the music, without sacrificing any detail, dynamics or resolution.  Other PIO - paper in oil and other metalized oil-impregnated caps that I have heard will add warmth and body, but at the expense of detail.  Our capacitors were specifically designed to offer both body/weight and detail/resolution.

The following values are available:

.1uf-400V   (.75"L x .625" Dia.)
1uf-400V    (1.125"L x .875"Dia.)
4.7uf-400V (1.375"L x 1.5"Dia.)

Above pricing for all caps is in quantities < 10 pieces.  Please call for pricing in quantities > 10 of any value.

Manufacturers please call for OEM quantity pricing.

[All values are +/-10% - matching available for add'l charge]

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from  you.

Dan Wright
President, ModWright Instruments Inc.
« Last Edit: 8 Aug 2011, 01:40 am by modwright »

MUstageFan

• All False GODS Demand Some Sort Of Human Sacrifice
Hi Dan,
Congratulations yet again, Dan on your stellar reviews. I noticed that there are about three or more
Cap reviews floating around the boards. I just wanted to invite you to throw your copper-n-Teflon Caps into the ring,would love to see how they compare to the :uzi: V Caps.On a side note i was just wondering if you used the Teflon Caps as bypass's on the output of your stock Transporter Mod?
If not,  have you experimented with them and what where the results?

Thanks Ben

modwright

To be honest, I am really not interested in participating in any cap shootouts as the politics and shills become a bit too much for me.

We do not use the .1uf TEF caps in the Transporter as bypasses due to space limitations.  We do use them in all of our preamps in this application however.

We will have our caps on display and for sale (and ON SALE) at VSAC 2008 this weekend in Vancouver, WA.

Thanks,

Dan

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Is it me or did your cap prices just recently take a substantial hike up? I think I just bought in June the T series 0.1uf caps for $40 a piece and now they are $67.99 each? Is that because of the new distributorship through Parts Connexion? :scratch:

I guess costs just went up huh?

Anand.

modwright

Sorry, but yes, they did go up and it IS because of our distribution through parts connexion.

Thanks,

Dan

stvnharr

Just got some caps and I notice that one lead is longer than the other one.
What is the correct orientation of the leads?
Application is output cap in a preamp.

modwright

The longer lead is (+) and should be the side that signal enters the cap.

Thanks,

Dan

Russell Dawkins

Are you using polarized caps as coupling caps carrying signal? I thought caps carrying signal had to be bipolar or non-polarized. Live and learn!

Folsom

Are you using polarized caps as coupling caps carrying signal? I thought caps carrying signal had to be bipolar or non-polarized. Live and learn!

Sometimes it's just the orientation of the innards, not polarity, that's being indicated.

Bi-polar electrolytics have a lead that is on the outside, and one on the inside of the coiled dialectic. Film caps have lots of shapes and sizes (on the inside) so it's harder to define their differences.