Sale of hi-rez downloads at Qobuz

Naun

Sale of hi-rez downloads at Qobuz
« on: 28 Jan 2012, 03:17 pm »
Qobuz.com is discounting many of its 24-bit downloads by between 10% and 30% this weekend (till January 31, 2012), plus if you spend 50 Euros you get a 20 Euro voucher for future use. Their selection is getting quite large; the sale marks their 1,000th hi-rez ("Studio Masters") title.

Some of their titles have territory restrictions but as a U.S. based classical buyer I was able to purchase most of the titles I was interested in. I have no connection with qobuz.com other than as a retail customer.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Sale of hi-rez downloads at Qobuz
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2012, 03:33 pm »
I've bought several hirez selections from them in the past.  Their stuff is very good.

Jon L

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2012, 03:54 pm »
Still kind of pricey after euro conversion, but are there a few classicals studio masters that you can recommend? 

islandman

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2014, 04:46 pm »
http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/page/abonnement_annuel_qobuz_hifi?utm_medium=e-mail&ectrans=1&utm_source=newsletter_we_abonnement_hifi_annuel_50_pourcent_remise_smr_2014

Qobuz is offering a special.  If you you pay for one year in advance the price will drop 50.00.  Currently, Qobuz HD streaming averages 27.25 p/month.  Paying 267.00 (199.00 euro) in advance for the whole year the average drops to 22.50. 

As an added bonus, you will be able to download 24bit hi-rez music at 50% off for 3 months!

I see this as a good strategy for Qobuz to fund their launch into the U.S.  Since I am already paying the 27.25 per month I am going to do this.