SOLD: Clearwave walnut curved cabinet tower 2-way GORGEOUS!

Jed

• Industry Participant
    • Clearwave Loudspeaker Design
I'm helping my customer sell these-- he moved recently and is going to replace them with new Clearwave speakers.  Here's what you get:

For sale is a pair of handcrafted Clearwave M7 speakers. These are featured in black walnut veneer that has been dyed to a rosenut color (very dark red).

The cabinets offer a 5 degree slant to time align the drivers. Construction is laminated layers of MDF for incredible rigidity. They pass the knuckle test well. They are top coated with a lacquer finish.

If you haven't heard a Clearwave speaker, you owe it to yourself to give them a listen. They are very smooth, coherent, and well balanced. They use top shelf drivers including the Seas nextel version of the amazing 7" Excel woofer, and a 1" soft dome HDS Scan Speak tweeter. Crossover parts have been upgraded to Clarity Caps and air core inductors. Finally, binding posts are from Cardas with a 4mm thick custom engraved binding post plate carved out of aluminum.

This pair is about 6 months old. They are in great shape. I do not have boxes, so shipping will happen through a freight company that will custom package them on their own pallet. I have shipped many speakers this way. Although it is a little more expensive, I have never had one incident - so worth it in my opinion.

Frequency Response is 42hz-20K +/- 2.5db
Impedance: 8 ohm
Sensitivity: a true 85DB (most competitors inflate this figure by 4-6db!)
Dimensions: 9"WX12"DX38"H

Buyer pays shipping and insurance as well as PayPal fees (I will consider offers). Please feel free to ask any questions.
s7horton(at) gmail.com

« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2014, 10:37 pm by Jed »

Jed

• Industry Participant
This 2 way is quite special.  The chamfer/radius on the edge is done with a special jig and is hand routed to get the customized curve.  Each piece of veneer is hand laid and positioned perfectly with unbacked veneer.  The tolerances around the driver are about as tight as you can get.  These are built by one of the most skilled cabinet makers I work with.  New, they will go for $3500.  Price has been reduced to SOLD.  You are welcome to pick them up if you are in the Grand Rapids, MI area.  Email Seth for more info.  These are a bargain at this price! The pictures simply do not do them justice.

« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2014, 10:38 pm by Jed »

Jed

• Industry Participant
Still have these…. will make a wonderful pair of speakers in medium to small rooms.  Treat yourself before the holidays… you won't be disappointed.

Jed

Jed

• Industry Participant
A few points about the cabinets on these.  The front baffle is 2" thick, and around the woofer we have a stepped out feature that allows the back of the woofer to breathe.  The cabinet has multiple braces all out of 1" material.  The veneer is a walnut that has been dyed a rosenut color.  The pictures do not do them justice.  The slope back of 5 degrees is subtle and gives them a sleek look, along with helping align the phase response of the drivers.  The sides of the front baffle have been sculpted using a router and custom jig to get the gradual curve.  They are truly unique and at this price get you into high end audio at a midfi price.  The Scan Speak tweeter and Seas Excel woofer are a great match.  Very detailed without fatigue is how I would characterize this speaker.  These speakers easy will compare to retail offerings 4X this price. 

Thanks for looking, and if you are in the Michigan area, you are free to come see these speakers for yourself.  True works of art!

Jed

Jed

• Industry Participant
Here's another picture (from iPhone).  The front curve is 3/4" wide by about 2" deep.  Nice and low diffraction. 

:thumb:

Jed

• Industry Participant
I'm told he's willing to accept SOLD for these.   :o   :thumb:
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2014, 10:39 pm by Jed »

Jed

• Industry Participant
Re: FS: Clearwave walnut curved cabinet tower 2-way GORGEOUS!
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2014, 09:45 pm »
SOLD to Scott.  :)
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2014, 10:38 pm by Jed »