Criterion Auditions in the North East or West coast?

Danny Richie

Anyone else in the North East want to demo a pair of these before they go to a new area?

There is no one else in line, and you can get them quick.

Speak now.

There is also a pair now on the west coast, and there are only about three people in line right now.

If you are on the west coast and want to audition a pair of these let me know now.

byteme

« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2003, 05:22 pm »
Danny,

What's involved in the demo? - I'd be interested in hearing these!  Sometime in the semi-near future I may be interested in a pair of Diluceo's - do these compare similarly sound wise?  I realize the Diluceos would probably be better in the bottom end, but otherwise as far as "parts" go they are the same right?

I guess what I'm asking is, if I like the Criterions I'd like the Diluceo's more?

Thanks!

Brian.

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2003, 06:01 pm »
Danny,

I am just leaving for vacation for a couple of weeks or I would have.

BradJudy

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2003, 08:23 pm »
I'd be interested in the west coast ones, but probably not until the fall (tons of stuff going on at the moment).  The Criterions and the Ellis 1801s are two of the speakers I'm really curious to hear.

Danny Richie

more info
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2003, 09:54 pm »
What's involved in the demo?

It is easy. See this post that got the whole thing started. It has the guidelines posted there.  

http://www.harmonicdiscord.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9523

do these compare similarly sound wise? I realize the Diluceo's would probably be better in the bottom end, but otherwise as far as "parts" go they are the same right?

Yes they have a similar character.

The Diluceo has a little better detail in the 2.5 to 3.5kHz region since the crossover point is a little lower. It has a fuller sound with more bass impact and even lower distortion levels.

I guess what I'm asking is, if I like the Criterion's I'd like the Diluceo's more?

Very true.

Brad,

In a couple of weeks I may have a pair touring in the Denver area. There are two on the list in that area right now.

outlawrocketman

Re: Criterion Auditions in the North East or West coast?
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2003, 01:45 pm »
Hi All,

BTW,  I have a pair of Diluceos at my house and I'm willing to host visitors wanting to check them out. I live between Boston and Providence.

I haven't heard the Criterion, but I  8) love 8)  the Diluceos!

Todd Krieger

Re: Criterion Auditions in the North East or West coast?
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2003, 12:08 am »
Quote from: outlawrocketman
Hi All,

BTW,  I have a pair of Diluceos at my house and I'm willing to host visitors wanting to check them out. I live between Boston and Providence.

I haven't heard the Criterion, but I  8) love 8)  the Diluceos!

I'm happily running a pair of Diluceos in the "Western US" outside of Phoenix.  People are welcome to come to my place too!!  :mrgreen:   The pair I have is the "marble" version pictured in the "Faux Marble Diluceo" forum.