Super V's 4 Sale (Canada)

sch

Re: Super V's 4 Sale (Canada)
« Reply #20 on: 30 Aug 2016, 08:31 pm »
Lost all my speakers in the flood here in Louisiana along with pretty much everything else. Would love the opportunity to buy these at your asking price plus shipping cost. I'm in serious need of some audiophlie bliss over here right now.

Sorry about your situation!. But is great to know that you are thinking about music and that life has to go on.

We had last week a terrible accident in our steel foundry (our largest furnace simply exploded) but the good news is that no one was hurt. In the middle of the caos, trying to recover and stay in business,  I am building a pair of Skinny 6's and thinking about a HT for the small house we are building.
Check this out:

persisting1

« Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 2016, 10:53 pm »
 :o Are you sure that's not a scene from a Hollywood film?

Sorry to hear this. That is some good news though.

ACHiPo

« Reply #22 on: 1 Sep 2016, 03:02 am »
Sorry about your situation!. But is great to know that you are thinking about music and that life has to go on.

We had last week a terrible accident in our steel foundry (our largest furnace simply exploded) but the good news is that no one was hurt. In the middle of the caos, trying to recover and stay in business,  I am building a pair of Skinny 6's and thinking about a HT for the small house we are building.
Check this out:

Holy cow!  I'm glad no one was hurt!  I'm guess you definitely need some bliss from those Skinny 6s!

spurzheim

« Reply #23 on: 9 Sep 2016, 01:04 pm »
PM sent

I'm located in Saskatoon SK

Wind Chaser

« Reply #24 on: 9 Sep 2016, 03:39 pm »
Since the OP and the buyer haven't  mentioned it, I will. They have been sold and taken away to their new home.

OzarkTom

« Reply #25 on: 9 Sep 2016, 03:51 pm »
Since the OP and the buyer haven't  mentioned it, I will. They have been sold and taken away to their new home.

And the buyer is very happy with the SQ. :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #26 on: 9 Sep 2016, 04:03 pm »
The buyer is more than happy. He is over the moon.

But the funny thing is he called me up, not sure if he should buy them or not. :duh:

OzarkTom

« Reply #27 on: 9 Sep 2016, 04:11 pm »
I helped to reassure him since I spent a lot of time listening  to the V's at two audio shows. IMO, they compete with the 20-50K speakers on the market today.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #28 on: 9 Sep 2016, 05:24 pm »
Well, that person is me. Yes I am very happy with them. Nice when that works out that way since I bought them without hearing them and drove over 9 hours to pick them up. 2BigEars is a very nice guy and has a killer system most would almost die for. I tried to convince him not to sell it, even the Super Vs.

My concern regarding the Super Vs was the PAudio driver. I saw how people have flipped them out and kept the subs. I knew the subs would be killer, which they are. I also read years ago how a few people preferred the BG Neo 3 driver to the PAudio tweeter. These are the reasons I did not buy the kit years ago. Well, so much for other people's opinions. I like the PAudio tweeter quite a bit better than the Neo 3 in it's non open baffle configuration.

I also had recently purchased a pair of Rhythmik FN8s and the Super Vs bass would be redundant. I was very happy with my current speaker set up and said enough is enough, stop already. Plus I wondered how that 12" mid driver would image. Having lived with a small full range driver of 4" and trying a 6" I saw clearly how the 6" flattened individual images and made them bigger, more diffuse. I am just too jaded. To complicate matters there were two other killer deals to be had speaker wise going on at the same time. So blah, blah, blah.

Glad to finally hear these things and have them in the system. When they first came out as the Venue I knew they were a destination speaker, and for a lot of people they certainly can be.

Sorry to those who missed the deal. I often see great deals in the states and can't move on them due to location, no shipping, etc. so it's nice to have a break up here that way.

Rocket Ronny

P.S. I had my son listen last night for the first time and he gave them an EDM torture test and he laughed and gave some superlatives. 

My question is why doesn't Danny just replace the PAudio driver with some other similar driver? Make an arrangement with the manufacturer to keep that driver in production. When I called USA Speaker they had similar drivers they felt sounded better than the PAudo.

« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2016, 02:30 am by Rocket_Ronny »

Danny Richie

« Reply #29 on: 9 Sep 2016, 06:59 pm »

My question is why doesn't Danny just replace the PAudio driver with some other similar driver? Make an arrangement with the manufacturer to keep that driver in production. When I called USA Speaker they had similar drivers they felt sounded better than the PAudo.

I found a Beyma driver that will work. However, I really don't feel comfortable heading down this same road of using a driver that I don't have complete control over.

Rocket_Ronny

• ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #30 on: 9 Sep 2016, 08:09 pm »
I understand, but why not approach the manufacturer about product longevity and availability. There are other manufacturers that may be more willing to play ball and may even be better drivers.

Rocket Ronny

Guy 13

« Reply #31 on: 10 Sep 2016, 04:27 am »
I have one pair of each V1 and V2
and I just don't want to think
the day I will have to replace the PAudio coaxial drivers 12'' & 8'').
I understand Danny when he says he want the control for
his material.
When you buy something for a big manufacturer
you are more of less at their mercy.
If you don't meet their quotas or expectations
or you don't buy enough from they to justify a production,
then they cut you off, don't care about you.
So, what Danny did, is a smart move, get the drivers made to his specifications,
of course he has to buy a lot, probably 500 per order, they same would go for Omega
and some other manufacturers.
Above is the opinion of someone that's been importing, distribution and retailing
products for 38 years, so I should know what I am talking about.

Guy 13
on planet Vietnam.

Captainhemo

« Reply #32 on: 10 Sep 2016, 05:37 pm »
Congrats  Ron, when I saw wc's posts I kind of wondered if it was you who got them
Those FM8's may  work very well in the rear corners of your room run out of phase at a low volume... tal k to danny about this
Enjoy  man   :thumb:

jay

2bigears

« Reply #33 on: 10 Sep 2016, 05:56 pm »
 :D.  Hay ,,,, I know those speakers ,,,, RR stole those from right under my big nose. Ha .  Left me with a little useless Canadian paper.   I sold these and my main system as I'm right sizing and believe the world is coming to an end soon anyway ,,,,ha. Not positive on my negative,  but things are happening that have me very out of comfort zone.  Maybe I just got older ,,    Glad these got a new good home. Enjoy those RR ,,,,  :D

Rocket_Ronny

• ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #34 on: 11 Sep 2016, 02:11 am »
Will do and thanks. So you sold your other rig? Bad boy, I told you not to.  :nono:

Rocket Ronny
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2016, 12:42 am by Rocket_Ronny »

Rocket_Ronny

• ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #35 on: 11 Sep 2016, 02:15 am »
I just don't want to think the day I will have to replace the PAudio coaxial drivers 12'' & 8''

I don't think you will ever have to replace those drivers. They can handle a ton of power and are pretty industrial. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the music they bring you.

Rocket Ronny

2bigears

« Reply #36 on: 11 Sep 2016, 02:28 am »
 :D.  I decided to keep my main system.  Sugarman and me settled in this afternoon. Had the VAC sold 4 or 5 times.   Ha   I just can't do it.  Glad your diggin' the new transducers ,, they are cool build.  :D.

Rocket_Ronny

• ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #37 on: 11 Sep 2016, 03:05 am »
Nice, glad to hear it. What do you mean by "Sugarman and me settled in this afternoon."

P.S. Your music collection is tremendous.

Rocket Ronny

2bigears

« Reply #38 on: 11 Sep 2016, 03:15 am »
 :D.  I have both Rodriguez albums.  Very cool dude he is.  :D
            "Silver magic ships you carry
             Jumpers,coke,sweet Mary Jane".      :D

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #39 on: 12 Sep 2016, 02:34 am »

I found a Beyma driver that will work. However, I really don't feel comfortable heading down this same road of using a driver that I don't have complete control over.

Danny out of curiosity, what Beyma were you thinking?  Is the price in the ballpark of the p-audio or is it notably higher?  Would you be able to cut out the back of the compression driver to run the whole thing full-range like the p-audio as well or would it be limited to the midrange only?