Best transport under $300

GC

« on: 11 Mar 2003, 06:22 am »
What is the best transport under $300 before being modified.Which is the best after transport mods.I am not concerned with the analog or dac since I will be using a PA/3.I currently have a Nakamichi cdc 3a any comments on that as a transport.    [/size]

modwright

Transport
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2003, 06:34 pm »
Well, the Rega Planet can be found used for about $300 I believe and is a good transport.

The Pioneer DVD players are also decent transports, but can be greatly improved with mods...we are currently discontinuing these mods for the most part.

Thanks,

Dan W.

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2003, 07:18 pm »
Dan,

Funny you mention the planet 2000.  I had been kicking around the idea of picking up a used one and playing with it myself.  Maybe adding a superclock, blackgates, bybees or any combo of parts upgrades.  I have always thought there was something inherently cool about top loading cd players, whether just vanity or not.  How easy are these players to mod and do they benefit well from modding as a transport?

modwright

Rega 2000
« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2003, 08:34 pm »
I haven't worked on the Rega 2000, only the prior models, but I would say that it isn't terribly difficult to work on and is well made.

Dan W.

Psychicanimal

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2003, 06:05 am »
How about the AIWA XC-37M?

Also Dan, I just wanted you to see my new and improved Avatar and signature... :mrgreen:

GC

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2003, 06:12 am »
Thanks for all the help everyone.I believe I am going to get a Dvd656 and have it mod.

Jimbabwe

Re: Best transport under $300
« Reply #6 on: 8 Apr 2012, 05:17 am »
Pretty darn good player and transport. Vintage but reviewed well.
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/digital-sources/cd-players/jvc/xl-z1050tn/prd_116906_1586crx.aspx

Jvc XL-Z1050TN

Happen to be selling mine on cg San Francisco.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/2935128115.html

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #7 on: 9 Apr 2012, 04:49 am »
Pretty darn good player and transport. Vintage but reviewed well.
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/digital-sources/cd-players/jvc/xl-z1050tn/prd_116906_1586crx.aspx

Jvc XL-Z1050TN

Happen to be selling mine on cg San Francisco.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/2935128115.html

you have to revive an 8 year old thread, spamming a vendor's forum, to try to sell your cdp, and this is how you present yourself to audiocircle on your wery first post?   :scratch:  welcome to a/c!   :lol:

there is a trading post circle on audiocircle, ya know...  :roll:

doug s.

Rclark

« Reply #8 on: 9 Apr 2012, 05:02 am »
I like how it rhymes with Zimbabwe.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #9 on: 9 Apr 2012, 05:53 am »
I like how it rhymes with Zimbabwe.

ya, i wonder if he has a brother named joedesia?   :green:

doug s.

Jimbabwe

« Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 2012, 07:14 am »
Two smart guys trying to intimidate a new member. Nice.

If a thread is open it's open. You don't like it them tell the mod to close it. And if the mod approves my post that isn't a violation then why can't you STFU and spend your time answering questions instead of hassling me.

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 2012, 07:32 am »
For under 300 you might be able to find a used Oppo 980 as a transport it is great.  I ended up with a Yamaha s1700 which is basically the same component as a 980 but its a little more forward.  I picked it because it is more sturdily built and is quieter though and has yamaha's crazy pure direct mode which disables the display and probably nothing other than that. 

They are pretty hard to find, but if you can find them they are cheap, I got mine for under 150 new/refurbed.  If you can find the deal of the century on a 981/983 its even better.  But these are fetching a pretty penny.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #12 on: 19 Apr 2012, 04:04 pm »
Two smart guys trying to intimidate a new member. Nice.

If a thread is open it's open. You don't like it them tell the mod to close it. And if the mod approves my post that isn't a violation then why can't you STFU and spend your time answering questions instead of hassling me.

i don't bother trying to answer questions to topics that are 8 years old.  you don't have to be too smart to figure out why that might be.  on the other hand, mebbe you do - YOU certainly haven't figured it out.   :duh:  i don't mind at all that you posted here - it's fun sometimes, to watch others make fools of themselves!   :lol:  congrats on your grand entrance to a/c!

i suggest you go to the trading post - "for sale - source components" - and post there; it is a more appropriate place for your selling efforts, instead of spamming 8 year old threads.   :roll:

glws,

doug s.