Wireless Speakers for HT/Xbox use - do they exist?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Wireless Speakers for HT/Xbox use - do they exist?
« on: 26 Mar 2015, 10:43 pm »
Since it will be a while before I build out my dedicated HT, I need to better leverage my living room for HT and Xbox usage.

The room is big and open with almost 20' ceilings, so there is no good place for floor standing or wall mounted speakers.  The one place that would work is about 30' away from the L/R channels and about 18' above the ground on a ledge. 

So my question is:

Is anybody using wireless speakers for their surrounds?  I don't mean the cheap mass market stuff, I mean real speakers.

Even better would be wireless and powered speakers (if such a thing exists).

George

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
Re: Wireless Speakers for HT/Xbox use - do they exist?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2015, 10:50 pm »
Keep in mind that all wireless speakers require a connection to power. Can both locations provide AC power connection?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2015, 10:52 pm »
Keep in mind that all wireless speakers require a connection to power. Can both locations provide AC power connection?

Yep.   :thumb:

George

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!

srb

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2015, 12:13 am »
Dynaudio has come out with their 2nd generation wireless speakers, the Xeo 4 and Xeo 6 which have replaced the 1st generation Xeo 3 and Xeo 5.

Because of this the Xeo 3 and Xeo 5 are being closed out at 60% of the MSRP while the MSRPs of the 2nd generation models have been increased.

Xeo 3 (1st generation)
-  MSRP:  $2000
-  16/48 transmission over 2.4GHz
-  Xeo Transmitter

Xeo 4 (2nd generation)
-  MSRP:  $2600
-  24/96 transmission over 2.4GHz or 5GHz (24/96 from the digital inputs but not sure if the analog line-in inputs that would be used with pre-pro surround line-outs are also 24/96 or limited to 16/48?)
-  Xeo Hub (also available: Xeo Extender and Xeo Link)

Both are true active 50W/50W with 5" midbass and 1" soft dome tweeter.

The Xeo 3 might be all you really need for HT/Xbox and as they are being closed out for $1200, might be worth looking into. 

Steve
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2015, 08:45 am by srb »