Just joined...

jedi35

Just joined...
« on: 26 Mar 2004, 07:21 am »
Hello GAS!!

Tim at Best Sound told me about this board, so I signed up. Hopefully I can make some of the gatherings, as I love to listen. I am a professional violinist with about 20 years of experience with the Saint Louis Symphony. I am also the concertmaster of the St. Louis Philharmonic and the Fox Theater Orchestra. My 2 channel system sports a pair of Martin Logan Quests electronically bi-amped with Krell monoblocks on top, and a Hafler Transnova amp on the woofers. Currently, a Velodyne sub is giving a little extra extension on the bottom end, but the jury is still out on that. I'm enjoying multiple hd sources in the theater room on a Pioneer 53"rptv, and the extras include a Sony DA5ES receiver and speakers by NHT and JM Labs. I hope to meet you all soon!!

Adrian Walker

steve k

Just joined...
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2004, 10:19 am »
Welcome Adrian!
We're honored to have such an esteemed member in our ranks! My wife and I have certainly enjoyed the SLSO many times over our last 20 years of marriage going back to the Slatkin days. I assume Tim has told you about our next get together this Sunday at Scott's place. If not there is a post on our board about it. Scott can get you directions to his place. Nice gear btw!  :mrgreen: We hope to see you Sunday.
Welcome to the GAS house gang :lol:
steve k

Scott F.

Just joined...
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2004, 11:59 am »
Welcome aboard Adrian :D

I sent you an email with the directions. If you didn't get it for some reason just let me know and I'll resend it.

sturgus

Just joined...
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2004, 01:37 pm »
Welcome Adrian,
Great to have you join. Hopefully you can make the session on Sunday.I look forward to meeting you.
Sturgus

bmed

Just joined...
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2004, 09:46 pm »
Welcome!  Nice to have a trained ear around!  Hope you can make it Sunday.

Brad

Scott F.

Just joined...
« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2004, 11:14 pm »
Hey Brad,

Would you mind bringing that AK and US on vinyl? I've been thinging about buying that one for a while and would love to give it a listen.

Did you know, AK and US are coming to the Fox?

TIA

jedi35

thanks
« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2004, 02:13 am »
Hi everybody,

Thanks for such a warm welcome. I haven't surfed here for a few days since I've had to get my old computer reformatted, updated and ready to give to my girlfriend, and work has been busy. I emailed Scott and told him that I've got 8 shows a week at the Repertory Theater. I'm doing a musical play called "The Last 5 Years" and it uses one violin(me), one cello, and piano. Pretty intimate. There are 2 shows on Sundays, so I couldn't make it to the gathering this time. I am excited about making the next one, whenever it is. I'll keep stopping by to see how things are. Take care!!