Just got back from Disney and Rogues are on the way!

Mike D

I just returned from Orlando with 125 kids and 21 adults.  Holy Cow that was a big lesson in patience from every angle.  I teach my kids that anger has no place in our organization.  It was tough to stick to that rule.  :-)  Overall the trip was a huge success.  Nearly 30,000 people saw our band.  

Now for the news that you care about:

Mark O'Brien at Rogue stayed at work over the weekend with his partners to handle the large number of orders they have received lately.  Just a few minutes ago, he emailed me to let me know that he will start the burn in process now and will ship them to me tomorrow.

I should receive them Friday so you can all hear them on Sunday.  Woo Hoo!!!!  It is normally at 3 day shipping time from PA to here.

If you were in my shoes, would you call Mark and pay more to have them shipped over night so they would arrive Wednesday or would you just enjoy the suffering.  Wednesday is one of my only free nights.  Friday my jazz band is playing so I will not get to play with them.  Saturday, I have an all day date with my lawn, my cars, and my wife.  Is this yet another lesson in patience or is this one of those "do all you can for instant gratification" things.  

mike :bomb:

Scott F.

« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2004, 01:29 am »
Hiya Mike,

Nearly 30,000 people saw our band

So how did the band do?

should receive them Friday so you can all hear them on Sunday. Woo Hoo!!!! It is normally at 3 day shipping time from PA to here.

Very cool. This could turn into a three day event :D

Deadfish was over yesterday and we almost made some speaker cables. Seems we knew each other in a parallel universe. Needless to say, we spent more time taking and listening to tunes than we did anything else :lol:

Bill (DF), I think fell in love with the Epiphony's. He mentioned bringing over his Bryston's to see how they sounded in front of them.

As for the overnite shipping, boy that gets really expensive. I feel your pain though.

steve k

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2004, 02:01 am »
Congrats on the Rogues Mike! I'm looking forward to hearing them. Sounds like you had a great trip with the band. You must have the patience of Job!! :o

Scott, your place is going to look like the best audiophile shop in town Sunday!! Where else could you hear all this quality gear in one place? I'll take lots of pics.  :lol:

steve k

Mike D

« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2004, 02:12 am »
So how did the band do?

They did an amazing job.  I have never worked with such incredible kids.  Most of them concentrated so hard on what they were doing, that they didn't even remember marching towards and in front of the Magic Kingdom.  That's crazy!  I love my job!

Steve, the patience thing was an all new test...  absolutely unreal...

I told my wife that she and I would spend Saturday barbecuing and playing in the yard.  Sat night we will go to a movie...  but Sunday I will be gone ALLLLLLLL DAAAAYYYY.   :wink:
She asked how long I will be gone specifically.  I told her with all of the gear coming in, I will be gone from noon until eight or nine.  This Sunday will be great!  

Scott, do you have Abbey Road on vinyl?  The newer releases are on 180g.  If not, I'll bring it so we can listen to side two.  Another of my reference records is Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd, but my copy is pretty worn.  (I am on my second copy.)

I am seriously considering paying the extra amount for overnighting the amps.  Does this mean I have a problem?  Do you know any good therapists?  Of course, asking this question to a bunch like the gas house gang is like asking Andy Kapp if I have a drinking problem!

Scott F.

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2004, 03:01 am »
Quote from: Mike D
Scott, do you have Abbey Road on vinyl? The newer releases are on 180g. If not, I'll bring it so we can listen to side two.

Yep, got the MoFi version plus Sargent Peppers and a really clean version of Rubber Soul.

Another of my reference records is Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd, but my copy is pretty worn. (I am on my second copy.)

:lol: Need a spare copy? This is one of those pieces of vinyl that I keep buying by mistake. I gave Steve a clean copy cause his was worn. I think it was my 4th or 5th copy.

I am seriously considering paying the extra amount for overnighting the amps. Does this mean I have a problem? Do you know any good therapists?

Oh yeh, you're hooked, just like the rest of us. Worst part is, my place is like walking into an opium den with hooka pipes burning everywhere. Maybe we should call it The Grotto.

Quote from: Steve K
Scott, your place is going to look like the best audiophile shop in town Sunday!! Where else could you hear all this quality gear in one place? I'll take lots of pics.

This should be a blast. I think Mikes right, this one will go well into the evening.

We need to make sure Thom is going to make it. He needs to bring one of his custom built pre's. Hey Thom, you out there?

OK, quick check of how many are coming so I can make sure I make enough burgers and brats. The only thing you may want to bring is a drink (beer specifically). I'll have plenty of soda and the hard stuff.

Who all is coming?

Do me a favor and post your responses over at the March 28th post. Thanks

Mike D

« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2004, 03:19 am »
OOOOOHHHHH OOOOhhhhhhhh!!!  I'm in!  I'll try to bring some of our local Korte Bratwurst.  They changed my life!  Best Brats on Earth.  No Exaggeration!
What time?  I'm not too cool to get to a party early.  
mike

Scott F.

« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2004, 03:39 am »
Tell you what, I probably should have posted that under the March 28th Get together announcement. Lets post over there so we have it in a logical spot.

I'll do a full re-post but I'll edit my post above to point peple over there.