steve k

Scott, how was Keb Mo?
« on: 11 Mar 2004, 01:20 pm »
steve

Scott F.

Scott, how was Keb Mo?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2004, 03:51 pm »
You all missed a great concert.

My lovely wife and I shared a table with some nice folks from West County who were there to see Keb Mo’s opening act, Kaki King. They had never heard of Keb Mo. Needless to say, I think there’s a couple of converts wandering the streets this morning.

Kaki King was pretty interesting. She’s a young gal, 24 years old or so. She played the acoustic guitar. At times her melodies reminded me of Peter White but the meat of her style was unique guitar tunings and an avante guarde approach to playing. Very entertaining.

Mister Mo showed up with a new backup band. It was essentially the same musicians that he used in the studio on his new release, Keep It Simple. It hit the stores Feb. 10th. Knowing he was on tour, I’d been looking for the new CD in Best Buy but haven’t seen it. Being the consumer lemming that I am, I bought a copy at the Pageant last night.

I’m on the second spin right now and I have to say it’s a really good release. There isn’t a bad song in the lot. As usual, Keb writes and plays about life and love. The music should satisfy everybody from hardcore Blues fans to the Adult Contemporary fans.  It’s a great listen.

Keb and his band put on one heck of a show. He surrounded himself with some really talented guys. They blended everything from a Hammond organ to banjo’s and mandolins into the stage show.

I didn’t realize it, but this was his second stop for his promo tour. He actually started over in KC two nights ago. That should tell us here in StL something. If you didn’t read review of his debut album (on vinyl) by Geoff and me, it should give you an insight to what I mean (skip to the comments at the bottom of the article).

http://www.tnt-audio.com/topics/kebmo_e.html

The crowd was really into it again. Though he didn’t treat us to the 2 ½ hour marathon he played last time he was in town, he stayed for solid two hours. Needless to say, this was the best $20 we’ve spent in a long time.

Hey all you visitors to GAS, click on the Keb Mo link below and check out his tour schedule. He’ll be on the road in a city near you sometime soon.

You can also check out some streaming audio of his new album on his site.

http://www.kebmo.com/

mattybumpkin

Keb Mo
« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2004, 07:03 pm »
thnx for the info.  Keb is in my area, Albany NY, April 3rd I think.  I have been thinking about going.

"M"

Scott F.

Re: Keb Mo
« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2004, 07:54 pm »
Quote from: mattybumpkin
thnx for the info.  Keb is in my area, Albany NY, April 3rd I think.  I have been thinking about going.

"M"

This one is a "don't miss" concert. Very enjoyable and cheap too boot at $20 a ticket (compaired to the usual $75 headliners  :| ).

mojoman

Scott, how was Keb Mo?
« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2004, 07:55 pm »
The closest he's coming to Raleigh is Charlestown, SC so I guess I'll miss him this time around.  I've seen him twice before but each time was a solo show.  I'd love to see him with his band.

Scott F.

Scott, how was Keb Mo?
« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2004, 02:09 am »
Hey Guys,

Don't know how many of you have DirecTV (the other dish guys) but it just so happens Keb Mo is playing on the Freeview Channel all this month. In fact it looks like alot of it is from his new release Keep it Simple. The also have some brief interview clips mixed in.

You guys can get a preview of either what you missed or whats coming your way.

They follow Mr Mo up with an Indigo Girls concert.