St. Louis audio group

drummerwill

Yo Folks ...!
« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2004, 04:04 pm »
Hey
     I'm in...    STL is in full swing ... looking forward to a get together.
    Can I bring DIY project?
     Have fun
     Willie

vpolineni

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #21 on: 28 Feb 2004, 04:09 pm »
hey willie..
  I can't speak for steve, but the more the merrier!  bring your diy project.. I'm going to bring my amp.

steve k

Friday gettogether
« Reply #22 on: 28 Feb 2004, 04:38 pm »
Come one, come all. You're welcome to bring anything that won't get us arrested :wink: Email me off line for directions. Sounds like most people are getting here after 1PM. Scott F., you may want to consider a "Gateway" name for the group to cover both sides of the big muddy??
steve k.

bmed

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #23 on: 28 Feb 2004, 06:16 pm »
Hey all,

I'm not from "the Lou";  Springfield, IL.  Only 1.5hrs or so.  If I can drive it for my wife to shop in Clayton and Frontenac, I surely can make the trips for something I like.  You guys are the closest audiophiles I know, except for one friend who is basically a vinyl snob and thinks everybody else's systems pale in comparison--hard to listen with.  I'd like to throw my hat into the ring and support the group.   I can't make it Friday, but would like to be involved when possible.  I'm into high-eff, single drivers and SET.  Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever be able to bring my C&C Abby's, you'll have to come to Springfield for that.  

I'll be at the Keb' Mo concert in March as well.

Brad

Scott F.

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #24 on: 28 Feb 2004, 07:56 pm »
Hi Brad,

The more the merrier!

If I can drive it for my wife to shop in Clayton and Frontenac

Yikes, expensive tastes. Can't say my wife is any different though.

I can't make it Friday, but would like to be involved when possible.

Sounds like we've got a fair amount of interest, just keep watching this site. With some luck we can get assimilated,

I'm into high-eff, single drivers and SET.

What flavor amps are you using?

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever be able to bring my C&C Abby's, you'll have to come to Springfield for that.

Are you doing the Fostex or the Lowther drivers?

I'll be at the Keb' Mo concert in March as well.

We (Mike, me and the girls) are meeting at Blueberry Hill for burgers and beers ahead of time if you want to join us.

bmed

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #25 on: 29 Feb 2004, 01:36 am »
Scott,

I'm driving them with some Moondog 2A3's borrowed from a friend.   I'm going to be going to 45's.  Still trying to decide whether I have the time for a DIY kit?  I'm using Fostex--nearfield right now.  My room's kind of small 11 x 13.

Wife's taste....tell me about it....a new piece of equipment costs a lot more after wife tax!!!!

I'd love to meet before the concert.  I'll have to see how soon I can get out of town.  I may just make it to the concert.

Brad

pjchappy

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #26 on: 29 Feb 2004, 01:39 am »
"If I can drive it for my wife to shop in Clayton and Frontenac"

I used to work right by there. . .at Schneithorst. . .

I'm a SLU grad and am looking for a job in STL. . .hopefully I'll join you all soon!  

p

Scott F.

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #27 on: 29 Feb 2004, 04:31 am »
Quote from: pjchappy
I used to work right by there. . .at Schneithorst. . .

I'm a SLU grad and am looking for a job in STL. . .hopefully I'll join you all soon!  p

Schnidies :D  We eat lunch there at least twice a week. Great burgers. I work right down the block in old town Ladue in the old Mississippi River Transmission Building (it's the red brick building that looks like an ivy league college campus).

What field are you in?

Scott F.

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #28 on: 29 Feb 2004, 04:33 am »
Quote from: bmed
Scott,

I'm driving them with some Moondog 2A3's borrowed from a friend.   I'm going to be going to 45's.  Still trying to decide whether I have the time for a DIY kit?  I'm using Fostex--nearfield right now.  My room's kind of small 11 x 13.

Wife's taste....tell me about it....a new piece of equipment costs a lot more after wife tax!!!!

I'd love to meet before the concert.  I'll have to see how soon I can get out of town.  I may just make it to the concert.

Brad

Wow, you fit Abbeys in that room :D

I you can make it in town for dinner, drop us a line, we'll save a seat for you.

pjchappy

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #29 on: 29 Feb 2004, 04:36 am »
I'm a newly licensed attorney. . .a bad time to be a 'new' attorney  :x

I worked there from February to August 2000 and left to go to law school.  Up on the deck during the summers. . .lots o' money to be made up there as a server.  I just never want to wait tables again.  Had to deal w/ some snobs up there a little too often.  :roll:

I visit STL quite often. . .not as much as I used to b/c I'm no longer seeing this girl I was dating for about 4 years.  I was just up there for Mardi Gras, though.  Stayed at my friends apartment right in the heart of the party in Soulard. . .it was a great time.  

They do have good burgers. . .however, we got 1 free meal a day for working there, so you get sick of the food relatively quickly.  Usually just ended up making myself a salad, or something.

p