St. Louis audio group

Mike D

St. Louis audio group
« on: 27 Feb 2004, 09:28 pm »
Someone else may have asked this question already, but I was unable to find it in the archieves.  I am new to this forum.  Some friends and I have been discussing the possibility of starting an audio group that would meet regularly.  Are any of you interested in this as well?

Thank you

Mike

vpolineni

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2004, 11:13 pm »
excellent idea-I'm in :!: ... I only know of two other audiocircle members here in stl other than you and me though-scott f and Mathew_M.  Do you know of anyone else?

sturgus

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2004, 11:42 pm »
I was talking to Scott F. and he told me a group was trying to get together at the circle. I am always willing to listening to some music. It's nice to know we don't suffer this madness alone. Count me in
Sturgus

Scott F.

Re: St. Louis audio group
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2004, 11:44 pm »
Hi Guys,

Quote from: Mike D
Someone else may have asked this question already, but I was unable to find it in the archieves.  I am new to this forum.  Some friends and I have been discussing the possibility of starting an audio group that would meet regularly.  Are any of you interested in this as well?

Thank you

Mike

Mike, you beat me to the punch :D

I'll get the other guys (Sturgus, Steve, Willie, Thom, Tom etc, etc) to register and post a reply.

Ummm....Mr Borg..... Should we make this post a separate topic and conduct an "official" poll in order to be assimilated  :?:

Tell you guys what, lets wait to see what The Borg would like us to do then we can decide on an official name for the group.

Sturgus and Steve are trying to do a get-together next Friday at Steves house (at least I think it's at Steves house). I'll see if Sturgus and Steve can post the details.

pjchappy

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2004, 11:49 pm »
Well, hopefully I'll end up in STL when/if I ever get a job.  It's my #1 area followed by KC.

p

Scott F.

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2004, 11:56 pm »
Hey Vasu,

Quote from: vpolineni
excellent idea-I'm in :!: ... I only know of two other audiocircle members here in stl other than you and me though-scott f and Mathew_M.  Do you know of anyone else?

Did you make it by Brauer to pick up the Fiberglass panels?

JoshK

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #6 on: 27 Feb 2004, 11:57 pm »
Have Mike add a poll to the original post.  It seems you guys have enough people.

Scott F.

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2004, 12:01 am »
Cool, thanks Josh.

Quote from: JoshK
Have Mike add a poll to the original post.  It seems you guys have enough people.

JoshK

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #8 on: 28 Feb 2004, 12:03 am »
I'm not an admin though, just noting how you should go about it.

Marbles

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #9 on: 28 Feb 2004, 12:03 am »
Scott, it would also help if you volunteered to moderate it.

At least someone has to volunteer to moderate the circle before it can happen.

Scott F.

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #10 on: 28 Feb 2004, 12:18 am »
Hiya Marbles,

Quote from: Marbles

Count me in.

Wait a minute.......does this mean I'll have as much power as Pez :?:  :lol:

Hey, did your wife ever figure out what you actually paid for the Teres :?:

JoshK

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #11 on: 28 Feb 2004, 12:48 am »
Since Mike is new you might want to start a new thread with a poll.

Marbles

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #12 on: 28 Feb 2004, 12:57 am »
Quote from: Scott F.
Hiya Marbles,

Quote from: Marbles

Count me in.

Wait a minute.......does this mean I'll have as much power as Pez :?:  :lol:

Hey, did your wife ever figure out what you actually paid for the Teres :?:

Yes, you will have as much power as Pez, at least in your circle  :wink:

No, my wife has no idea on the Teres, but she really doesn't want to know either.   She still thinks it's "a couple hundred dollars"   :lol:

steve k

St. Louis Audio Group
« Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2004, 01:35 am »
Hi all,
I've been assimilated! Count me in on the Gateway audio group. Us lunatics need to find our way to the asylum! As Scott F. mentioned above, we're planning on getting together to spin some tunes at my place next Friday after 1PM. I live in Crestwood so email me offline for directions if you're interested or contact Scott F., our unofficial den leader. Don't forget your medication!
steve

vpolineni

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #14 on: 28 Feb 2004, 02:04 am »
scott,
  I'm going to brauer tomorrow.. although I forgot what I needed to buy  :roll: .
  steve,
  count me in for next friday... check your pm.

Tom Grooms

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #15 on: 28 Feb 2004, 02:10 am »
Sign me in guys and gals. Let the parties begin!

Certified lunatic   :D

DeadFish

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #16 on: 28 Feb 2004, 02:34 am »
Is Collinsville close enough?
I'm raising my hand for being from the area folks, and would be tickled to get together with y'all sometimes to see 'how the other half lives.'
You know as well as I how few brands discussed around here are actually available to hear in the ST. Louis area.
I'm the only one in my town that I know that believes one can hear more than Best Buy can provide.

Mathew_M

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #17 on: 28 Feb 2004, 03:27 am »
I didn't know there were that many of us from the area.  Far cry from the HD days.  Anyway I'm looking forward to meeting some of you other guys.  Scott sounds like he has the coolest gear (being a reviewer has its perks) and has a Jolida 100 watt tube amp on the way which I'm dearly wanting to hear with my VMPS.  I'll probably lug them over to his place whenever he's ready, so if anyone wants to have a listen...

As I mentioned to Scott I think SLAM-St. Louis Audio Mafia has a good ring to it.  Much better than DAM... :wink:

Scott F.

The Official Poll
« Reply #18 on: 28 Feb 2004, 04:10 am »
Hi guys,

Just to make it official, I started a poll asking the question, Should there be a St Louis Regional Circle?. Here's the link.

Poll
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=8577

Be sure to go there and cast your vote. the poll will be up for the next 14 days (I guess thats long enough?)

Also I started a sub-tread asking what we want to call ourselves.

Scott F.

St. Louis audio group
« Reply #19 on: 28 Feb 2004, 04:54 am »
Hiya Fish,

Quote from: DeadFish
Is Collinsville close enough?
I'm raising my hand for being from the area folks, and would be tickled to get together with y'all sometimes to see 'how the other half lives.'
You know as well as I how few brands discussed around here are actually available to hear in the ST. Louis area.
I'm the only one in my town that I know that believes one can hear more than Best Buy can provide.

Absolutely you're close enough :!:  Mike is over in Bellville and it seems like Im in Illinois every other day on business (my real job). When it comes to hearing different gear, we've all got a virtual cornucopia (grat word aye?) of different gear. Steve is into VTL's and Maggies, Sturgus has Merlins and (oh crap I forgot which amps), Wille, Thom and I are into SET's and highE speakers, Mike has Rogues and Hales, Tom is into SS and Dyns and I'm always getting some cool piece of gear in for review.

Welcome to the group. Our next gathering is at Steves house next Friday afternoon (see his previous post).

Mike, me and the girls are going to see KebMo at the Pagent next month if you are interested in going. My wife and I are planning on going to Wishbone ash and Eric Johnson (solo acoustic) at Generations next month too. I think Willie is in for Eric Johnson too.

Let us know if you are interested in seeing some shows.

[/b]