Did the Strata RSL-1 Die?

Tmantn

Did the Strata RSL-1 Die?
« on: 28 May 2007, 08:51 pm »
I ran across this post while surfing today.

http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=1865&highlight=BIGGER+STRATA

Did this concept ever make it off the ground.  If there is still a hope I know that there would be many who would be interesed in the design, especially me :D

TomS

Re: Did the Strata RSL-1 Die?
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2007, 09:08 pm »
I ran across this post while surfing today.

http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=1865&highlight=BIGGER+STRATA

Did this concept ever make it off the ground.  If there is still a hope I know that there would be many who would be interesed in the design, especially me :D

There is now an RSL II.  There are many posts on AV123 about the beta version now.  Nothing has been built for the public to see yet.

Airborn

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2007, 09:30 pm »
You could always start a thread here or on the AV123 forum and I am sure Mark Schifter would respond as he is very good that way. 

You may also want to PM AC member zybar ("George") as I believe he recently posted he was going to be a Beta tester for the RSL II.  Or you could just wait and see if he responds to this thread.  How about it George, am I correct?

musicman06

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2007, 01:45 am »
Lol, looks kinda cool, but I'd imagine not having the sub attatched to the backend like that would greatly help with placement.  :duh:

Tottle over to the AV123 forums as linked above and seek your answers. They're quite active and passionate over there.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2007, 03:06 pm »
You could always start a thread here or on the AV123 forum and I am sure Mark Schifter would respond as he is very good that way. 

You may also want to PM AC member zybar ("George") as I believe he recently posted he was going to be a Beta tester for the RSL II.  Or you could just wait and see if he responds to this thread.  How about it George, am I correct?

Not sure about why the RSL I never materialized, but the RSL II is very close to having the beta start.

Here is a rendering and some high level specs:

The speakers use the following drivers:

2 X 12" metal cone sub woofers with 1K watts per cabinet... All under servo control

2 X 5.25" newly developed metal cone mid bass couplers... These are to die for... One front firing... one rear firing...

1 X 24" ribbon midrange made by a super vendor to our specs... INCREDIBLE

9 X 1" circular ribbon tweeters

These speakers have a powered subwoofer and midbass, so the amp only needs to power the midrange panel and the tweeters.

The sensitivity of the speakers will be somewhere in the mid 90's and the impedance should be very tube friendly as well.

George