Speakers in Progress

jkarhan1

Speakers in Progress
« on: 18 Apr 2005, 03:45 pm »
2 years after purchasing the plans to Shamrock Audio SE-1 they are now in progress. (finally!)
After visiting Brians ship in Rutledge. He had various progects in the works and I was impressed with his work.  So I decided to have him construct my cabinets.  The work I saw was excellent.
SE-1: 2 way stand speakers using the classic Vifa P17 WJ 08 and D27 TG.

Joe

Brian Bunge

Speakers in Progress
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2005, 11:14 pm »
Joe,

Did you get the pic of the cabinet I emailed you last week?  If not, I'll post it here for you and everyone to see.

Brian Bunge

Speakers in Progress
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2005, 02:20 pm »
OK, I finished Joe's SE-1's about a week ago.  I'm taking advantage of having them on hand until he can pick them up so I've decided I'll help with the break-in a little bit! ;)

http://www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com/photos/Joe_SE_1_1.jpg
http://www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com/photos/Joe_SE_1_2.jpg

jkarhan1

Speakers in Progress
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2005, 09:04 pm »
Oh Wow! Very nice. Thanks for the upgrade on the veneer.  They look beautiful.  Im looking forward to hearing them soon.
Joe

jkarhan1

Speakers in Progress
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2005, 02:04 am »
Ive been listening to these speakers for about 3 hours now.  My first response is strong and clean.
I am very impressed and pleased with the woodwork.
The cherry finish on the cabinets is excellent.
Thanks Brian for my for finishing my project!  Ill post more afer the speakers have broken in a bit.

Joe

I really wish Mike would have stayed in business.  This is a fine DIY project.
Ill let Brian give his comments on how they sound
[/img]

Brian Bunge

Speakers in Progress
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2005, 02:02 pm »
Joe,

I'm glad you are happy with the cabinets.  That figured cherry veneer is some of the nicest I've seen.  I had the chance to listen to the speakers off and on for a couple of days.  They seemed to have a pretty flat response based on my experience.  They had good strong bass, clean and clear mids and smooth highs.  This is the first time I've had a chance to listen to this particular Vifa tweeter and it was very nice.  It actually reminded me quite a bit of the GR Research tweeters in terms of smoothness.

Please let us know what you think of the sound once they are completely broken in.  I should have gotten some of that taken care of for you, though! :)