Hybrid 3 way tower

Rick Craig

• Facilitator
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Hybrid 3 way tower
« Reply #20 on: 31 Oct 2017, 12:34 am »
Nearfield bass response. What's great is that when testing nearfield you remove the effects of the room (like an anechoic chamber). The high signal-to-noise ratio gives a much better indicator of what the system is doing.

Rick Craig

• Facilitator
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #21 on: 1 Nov 2017, 02:34 am »
Here are some different voicings for the design. The MiniDSP amp can store up to four presets which gives you flexibility for variances in recordings, rooms, and personal preferences. Many audiophiles end up chasing their tails switching out cables, DACs, etc. when the largest variances come from rooms and recordings. Being able to compensate for these two things can help your sound quite a bit.

Mgivens

« Reply #22 on: 6 Nov 2017, 12:08 am »
making some progress on the cabinets!  everything coming together.  hope to be priming the cabinets by next weekend.

mresseguie

« Reply #23 on: 6 Nov 2017, 07:51 am »
That looks tremendous! You make it look easy, but it's not (for me anyway).

Thank you for the updates.

Michael

Rick Craig

• Facilitator
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #24 on: 7 Nov 2017, 01:11 am »
Looks like things are moving along nicely. I'm just about finished with a DSP powered center channel.  :thumb:

Mgivens

« Reply #25 on: 9 Nov 2017, 07:20 pm »
Thanks for the kind words!

Well I broke my big rule in speaker building...I set one up and listened before any finish work.  adding to that the baffle was only held on with a few clamps and no stuffing was in place.

all I can say is wow....despite having to keep the volume low due to the baffle rattling they sounded incredible.   honestly with just one speaker playing in beyond sub optimal conditions they impressed not only me but my wife who is always luke warm on my all my new speakers.  I don't want to get over excited here but I listened late into the night and got up early to listen more.  lost hours I could have been building but ohh well.  motivation to work harder as I'm sure once finished properly and positioned correctly I will not leave the room for days. 

Mgivens

« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 06:51 pm »
finished cabinets.  have been applying west systems with fairing compound and sanding... finished 3 coats of primer (no pics) and will sand that in the morning then paint.  hopefully have them up and running by thanksgiving weekend.

richidoo

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 07:25 pm »
Boy'z got skilz  8)    :thumb:

Nice job!