*SOLD* Audiosector LM3875 kit amp for sale (again)

ohenry

So, having an additional amp in the house, I've decided to relist this amp after backing out back in Sept 2017.  It is only an amp and will require a preamp.  So, same offer: $400, you pay shipping and I'll pay the paypal fees.  It weighs approx. 27 lbs and add a few more lbs for packing.

Here's the original ad text:
I'm looking to sell my Audiosector amp that was made from a Peter Daniels kit by me in late 2005 after I read a glowing 6 Moons review.  Peter was gracious enough to guide me as to the parts needed to mimic his Patek monos using fancy parts such as Blackgates capacitors and the proper resistor types.  So, this one has all the right parts to be similar to his beautiful Patek... except for the chassis.

I used a nice single Lansing chassis to contain a true dual mono amp.  The toroid power transformers are the correct Plitrons.  The binding posts are WBT midlines.  There are two power switches with fuses requiring two power cords.  So, it's essentially a monoblock pair in one package.

I really enjoy this amp and it has been trouble free.  It made a great fit for a second system that I used sparingly.  I hate to see it go, but I really need to reduce my toy collection.

I'm guessing there are >$700 in parts, so I'd like to find it a new home for $400 due to its age.  Cosmetically, the amp looks very nice and clean.  Here are a few photos:

Please PM me if you have interest, I'd like to keep the price firm and if you pay for shipping, I'll eat the paypal fees.  It will be double boxed to keep it safe during shipping.  I'd like to keep this a simple lower US 48 state transaction.

It may take a few days to round up the correct packing materials and I may be out of town a few days soon, so a little patience may be needed.
Thanks for looking, Henry
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2018, 08:28 pm by ohenry »

ohenry

Re: Audiosector LM3875 kit amp for sale (again)
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2018, 01:32 am »
bump...

ohenry

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2018, 11:43 pm »
How about $400 and I'll ship and eat ppal fees.

ohenry

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2018, 02:12 pm »
$300, I'll ship and consume the PP fee.  I have too many amps and this one is good for multi-way speakers.  I need to simplify and that's the reason to give this one away.

armstdav

« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2018, 05:12 pm »
It's so tempting to buy this and sell my current single power supply Patek. After many amps both glass and sand, Peter's beauty is the only SS one I've kept. I still plug in in regularly to figure out why I keep futzing with tube power amps.   :-)
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2018, 05:12 pm by armstdav »