Oppo player at thrift shop - worth it?

Bemopti123

Re: Oppo player at thrift shop - worth it?
« Reply #20 on: 23 Aug 2017, 05:43 pm »
That's an Internet myth.  Lifetime can only be extended in purchase price increments of $10.

That is also a myth....have you heard about free to play and the relationship of power ups and time played?  EX:  Play 10 hours, get 1 gold coin which you can use in the shop....for a health and life which is worth 200 gold pieces.  Free*....*according to the devil who built such an absurd system :thumb:

charmerci

« Reply #21 on: 23 Aug 2017, 06:03 pm »
I have owned the DV-970HD and the DV-981HD.  For audio, the one to get is the DV-981HD, it is the special one.  You can also install third party firmware to play burned SACD and DVD-A discs.  If it gives you any problems, you can send it in to Oppo and they will fix it and send it back for $75.  Of the 50 or so CD ayers I have, it is the one hooked up to my Odyssey/Thiel system.

Thanks. Hard to believe a DV981 will show up but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

That's an Internet myth.  Lifetime can only be extended in purchase price increments of $10.

Hmmm.... perhaps we should move this thread to the Jokes and Humor section.
:scratch:

srb

« Reply #22 on: 23 Aug 2017, 06:29 pm »
Hmmm.... perhaps we should move this thread to the Jokes and Humor section. :scratch:

No, but what is one supposed to make of a question that has no answer and infinite answers?

If something is bought used for $30, what is a reasonable usage one would expect from it (years/months/hours) before it dies?

charmerci

« Reply #23 on: 23 Aug 2017, 07:09 pm »
No, but what is one supposed to make of a question that has no answer and infinite answers?

Hey, I was only kidding!

srb

« Reply #24 on: 23 Aug 2017, 07:20 pm »
Hey, I was only kidding!

Hey, can't talk now ..... I'm on my way down to the neighborhood thrift store!

charmerci

« Reply #25 on: 23 Aug 2017, 07:25 pm »
Hey, can't talk now ..... I'm on my way down to the neighborhood thrift store!

I Oppo-se that move!

smata67

« Reply #26 on: 23 Aug 2017, 11:18 pm »
If you need a player to last forever, get a Sony.  The thrifts are swimming in them (or used to,  I've kicked that habit).  Most sound at least pretty good and the ES series better than many.