Induction Cooktop

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Induction Cooktop
« Reply #20 on: 19 Apr 2017, 06:49 pm »
As yet I have not switched to induction but several friends have and it appears to be in my future. From what I have read the glass surface does not heat up and will not burn food. The only real issue is splatter and owners say that they just put paper towels on the surface (including under the pan) and merely throw them away when finished. Sounds easy enough. Other spills require wiping with a damp cloth. That's it.

Is this in line with the experiences of any induction cooks here?

Nick77

« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2017, 07:39 pm »
As yet I have not switched to induction but several friends have and it appears to be in my future. From what I have read the glass surface does not heat up and will not burn food. The only real issue is splatter and owners say that they just put paper towels on the surface (including under the pan) and merely throw them away when finished. Sounds easy enough. Other spills require wiping with a damp cloth. That's it.

Is this in line with the experiences of any induction cooks here?

Yes, I mostly just use a splatter guard. Have heard about using paper towels but havent tried that. For me the only downfall was losing 3/4 of my pots and pans which can be costly.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2017, 09:31 pm by Nick77 »

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #22 on: 19 Apr 2017, 10:06 pm »
The paper towel trick looks pretty neat and definitely only do-able with induction. It would also reduce the heating of the glass. I'm going to try it tonight with a saute pan.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #23 on: 19 Apr 2017, 11:14 pm »
I just tried it boiling some water for tea, putting a paper towel under the kettle. After I took kettle off, I checked to see how hot the surface was on the stove top. It was only warm, and not very warm at that—I could put my palm down on the surface easily without any discomfort.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #24 on: 19 Apr 2017, 11:21 pm »
I just tried it boiling some water for tea, putting a paper towel under the kettle. After I took kettle off, I checked to see how hot the surface was on the stove top. It was only warm, and not very warm at that—I could put my palm down on the surface easily without any discomfort.

That's pretty neat! I'm guessing if the top doesn't get hot food wouldn't stick as much so cleaning would be easier.

The things you learn on an audio forum :lol:

RPM123

« Reply #25 on: 20 Apr 2017, 01:00 am »
Yes, I mostly just use a splatter guard. Have heard about using paper towels but havent tried that. For me the only downfall was losing 3/4 of my pots and pans which can be costly.

I use a splatter as well, however, the second I remove it to tend to food in the pan, grease splatters to adjacent areas. Oh well. There are adapters you may use under induction incompatible cookware!  :)

jk@home

« Reply #26 on: 20 Apr 2017, 12:48 pm »
We bought a portable induction cooker, just to try out the technology before doing a permanent one in kitchen remodel (which still hasn't happened yet). Convince us to indeed go with induction in the kitchen when the time comes. Moved the portable unit into the 5th wheel RV. Love it there, it's all we use for inside cooking.

With an RV, there is a built-in propane gas cooktop, which requires mandatory ventilation and makeup air during use, no matter if its sweltering hot or freezing cold outside. Since the RV is such small quarters, doing so causes the inside temp to get uncomfortable right away. So with the induction cooker, all the windows and vents can stay closed, and we can stay comfy.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #27 on: 20 Apr 2017, 01:47 pm »

And no where near as expensive as high end audio  :thumb:

#perspective

#Electrolux RULZ

Best,
Anand.

Mag

« Reply #28 on: 25 Apr 2017, 04:56 am »
For canned soup I used my microwave for 3:20. It's about as hot as I want it but not evenly heated. So I thought I'd give it ago on the induction cooktop. At 390 degrees it was bubbling pretty quick, but I didn't keep track of the time, so now it's too hot but evenly heated, have to let it cool.

With a bit of practice I'm pretty sure I can heat the soup in under 3 minutes 20 seconds with the right temperature without burning my tongue on taste. :smoke: