runners runners

AndyXIII

runners runners
« on: 25 May 2016, 03:49 pm »
Hi! AC'ers, anybody loves running here? i like listening to music while i run and just recently
my jaybird x2 just stop working, any suggestion on good earphones wired or bluetooth doesn't
matter. $150 below on that price range.
thanks, Andy

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: runners runners
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2016, 11:32 pm »
Not at my age, I happy to walk 30mins.

djmask

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2016, 06:39 am »
Try Bose SoundSport or SkullCandy. These 2 earphones are often used by runners. If you need some more options, here's what I found: http://www.headphonesunboxed.com/best-earbuds-for-running/ Hope it helps. Cheers!

Ponkbutler

• Naim 555,552,500, Shahinian Diapasons
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2016, 11:07 am »
The Sennheiser running phones are good. That said, I prefer to run silent....

SlushPuppy

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2016, 02:47 pm »
I bought a pair of Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth headphones back in June and I really like them. They are completely waterproof which was important to me because I run in Texas. They are lightweight and stay in place during long runs and also when I work out on my Bowflex Max trainer. They sound great, but it takes a second to get them in the right spot.

MothAudio

« Reply #5 on: 4 Feb 2017, 05:09 pm »

2010 [3:28:13]

Running competitively since '73. Numerous road races, 20 marathons completed. BQ'd seven times, ran Boston Marathon in '94 / '96 / '07. At one time was a decent runner. While slower than I was @ 25 I still train and race with the same conviction. I no longer chase personal records, I chase the person in front of me! I'm competitive in my A/G and won my 1st race @ 55 YO. *

Averaged 3300 mpy [2009-2013]. The arts, fly fishing, design are among my other passions.

Greatest running achievement is my longevity in the sport and encouraging my three boys.

* Update: Suffered minor [pfo] stroke in 2013. Diagnosed with auto immune disorder in 2014 which I believe began two years prior [that's when my running suddenly went to hell]. Only competed a handful of times since. Currently building mileage / improving fitness to resume a competitive race schedule in 2017.

ctviggen

« Reply #6 on: 4 Feb 2017, 05:29 pm »
Not at my age, I happy to walk 30mins.

Always got hurt running.  Switched to cycling instead.  Then, I started Slow Burn and finally proceeded to Body by Science.  Now, I work out about 20 minutes Body by Science once per week, and 15 minutes HIIT.  That's it.  And I'm going to try dropping the HIIT, so it'll only be about 20 minutes of Body by Science per week. 

Now, I've been radicalized.  I don't believe exercise results in weight loss, and to the extent it does result in weight loss, it's because of change in insulin resistance and not calories that cause the weight loss.  I've lost 55 pounds mainly changing what I eat (went to low carb), then changing when I eat it (started intermittent fasting).  Now, I'm following a ketogenic diet.  I also think long periods of exercise are not healthy for many people (including me) and cause or exacerbate atrial fibrillation and other errors in heart beat regulation. 

For me, a mere 20 minutes of high intensity weight lifting seems to do wonders. 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 5 Feb 2017, 09:57 am »
Wow! congrats to the weight loss.