I come to you with heavy heart

brother love

Re: I come to you with heavy heart
« Reply #60 on: 24 May 2016, 10:35 pm »
Ryan, I'm so very sorry for you & your daughter. The AudioCircle flag is flying at half mast. A sudden tragic death to someone so dear is extremely difficult. I don't need to tell you, but be sure to give your daughter extra special attention through all of this. It is hard enough for mature adults to handle death of a loved one, but a teenager losing their Mom too soon is especially tough. Our thoughts are with you ... 

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #61 on: 25 May 2016, 12:17 am »
Pete Schumacher will be out of town, and unable to log into AudioCircle for a few days.
He asks that any specific questions about this be directed to me. That being said, I have no major news to offer at this point in time, as things are still up in the air.
The one thing that makes me happy, is to see Ryans driveway filled with the cars of his family. Seeing that, I've backed off to give them the space they need to bond and let the healing process begin.

Thank you all for your kind words and support through this unimaginable time.
Bob

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #62 on: 25 May 2016, 02:38 am »
Good for you, Bob.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #63 on: 25 May 2016, 12:56 pm »
Here's a link to the newest, most informative source of information I've found:
http://www.cleveland19.com/story/32030985/one-killed-in-copley-twp-hotel-fire

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #64 on: 25 May 2016, 03:08 pm »
Thanks for the link Bob. Am very surprised there were no sprinklers. A sad & needless loss of life.  :(

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #65 on: 25 May 2016, 03:11 pm »
Or smoke detectors....  :?  :dunno:

richidoo

« Reply #66 on: 25 May 2016, 05:42 pm »

+1!!

Thanks for keeping us informed, Bob.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #67 on: 25 May 2016, 06:06 pm »

For the same reason we have laws that prohibit speeding, drinking and driving etc... seat belts, like bike helmets and smoke detectors save lives and should be required by law in every jurisdiction.

tesseract

« Reply #68 on: 25 May 2016, 11:49 pm »
Ryan, I remember fondly the hospitality Heather and yourself showed me during my stay with you. She went way out of her way to make sure everyone was comfortable and well-fed, especially with the desserts she loved to make.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family, my friend.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #69 on: 26 May 2016, 04:48 pm »
I'm so sorry for your loss Ryan.  Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.  Please do not hesitate if there is anything you need.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #70 on: 27 May 2016, 01:13 pm »
Ryan, I am so very sorry for your loss. This is the saddest thing to happen this year. Take care of yourself and your daughter.

wedweb

« Reply #71 on: 27 May 2016, 10:35 pm »
So sorry for your loss.

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #72 on: 28 May 2016, 05:02 am »
I have been praying for you and your daughter. I am very sorry and pray that you will have wonderful memories of your wife to cherish.

Daedalus Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #73 on: 28 May 2016, 05:42 pm »
Ryan, I am so sorry for your loss. This is a very hard tragedy and you and your daughter are in my prayers.
Very sad news.......

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #74 on: 29 May 2016, 03:18 am »
A bit of an update....

Spent the evening with Ryan, his wonderful Mother and Father, Pete S. and his wife Karen. Had a great dinner and a few beverages over the course of about five hours. A good time was had by all, chatting about happy things and sad things both. Overall, it was a solid night of healing for all involved talking about the past, the present, and the future. Lots of hugs and a few tears throughout the night. Even though it's been a week, I still had a hard time asking specific questions with exact details as those questions still seem so..... cold.....

Seven days ago, I asked Ryan a seemingly simple question, and he replied, "I don't know, it's Heathers job to know those things"..... His feeling of being left out in the cold and all alone came across crystal clear. That comment hit me pretty hard as I'd be in the same boat Ryan is, as I've come to know that my wife would be there with pencil and paper in hand jotting down pertinent information. I have the comfort of knowing I can just ask my wife "what was that thing I needed to know?", and she'd give me her patented eye roll and present the exact details of said event. Ryan can't do that know.

Sooo.... please excuse my lack of precise details as it turns out I'm not very good at this. Suffice it to say, that I will find out and let everybody know as soon as I find out for sure. I understand there is a following here for Ryan and VaporAudio that need to know details about this as soon as possible, and it's been quite a while since information has been revealed. I'm giving this to help fulfill that need, despite it's lack of total fulfillment and accuracy.

Heathers body is back in St. Louis now, and Ryan will be viewing her body tomorrow.
Ryan said the visitation is at 10:00, the funeral is at 11:00 Wednesday June 1st (this I recall with 100% accuracy). Ryan will be speaking during the ceremony.
The location is Lakeview Gardens in O'Fallon Missouri
(here's where I get vague). I thought that would be enough information that I could remember and post for you all, but in hindsight it wasn't. I "thought" I could Google the address of this facility, but it seems I can't find it. Maybe I didn't catch the name right, maybe I didn't hear it right. My apologies. I'm not good at this. My wife would have written it down.

Bob
« Last Edit: 29 May 2016, 07:07 pm by Bob in St. Louis »

Phil A

« Reply #75 on: 29 May 2016, 03:51 am »
Is this the place?  Lake View Funeral Home  
Funeral Home
Address: 5000 N Illinois St, Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Phone:(618) 233-7200

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #76 on: 29 May 2016, 01:51 pm »
Just found out about this. Ryan, my heart cries for your loss. All I can tell you is based on my own experience, take the time to grieve and let time heal.

My sincerest condolonces for the loss of your wife!

Joe

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #77 on: 29 May 2016, 02:41 pm »
Is this the place?  Lake View Funeral Home  
Funeral Home
Address: 5000 N Illinois St, Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Phone:(618) 233-7200
I'll find out Phil. Many generations ago, when "Mr. O'Fallon" traveled the land, starting towns, and giving them names, he lacked imagination when he traveled through St. Louis, thereby giving us two towns with the same name. One on the east side in Illinois, and on on the northwest side in Missouri. "Generally" when folks in Missouri don't specify, we assume it's one Missouri one being referred to. So before anyone sends gifts, money, flowers, please wait until we know for sure.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #78 on: 29 May 2016, 07:05 pm »
Visitation
Wednesday, June 01, 2016
10:00 am - 12:00 pm

Memorial Service
Wednesday, June 01, 2016
12:00 pm - 12:00 am

Lake View Funeral Home
5000 North Illinois Street
Fairview Heights, IL 62208
(618) 233-7200

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #79 on: 29 May 2016, 07:06 pm »
Thank you Pete. I'll forward this to those not on AC.
I've been asked whether flowers, or donations to a cause are being accepted.....