AXPONA Show Specials!!!

otto802

AXPONA Show Specials!!!
« on: 18 Apr 2016, 09:43 pm »
I had the pleasure to enjoy Friday at AXPONA this year. The gear sounded great, and the room looked very nice. Ryan had some show specials with him, some completed Cirrus and Derecho for some smoking deals! Ryan, are you extending these deals past the show?

otto802

Re: AXPONA Show Specials!!!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2016, 12:49 pm »
Some nice finished speakers and a an epic rack, ready to ship! Photos from the Vapor Facebook page at AXPONA 2016.

Folsom

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2016, 03:25 pm »
They look way better in person. Ryan really does a great job on them :thumb:

mr_bill

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2016, 03:32 pm »
What is the stand mounted front ported horn loaded tweeter speaker?

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2016, 03:35 pm »
What is the stand mounted front ported horn loaded tweeter speaker?

The Arcus. And the carcass there with the information and such on it is going to be Rob's new Joule set. 

adamaley

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2016, 04:01 pm »
I must say this system was my 'best in show'. Full-bodied (Lampis calling card), extremely dynamic (Verastarr cables), and highly transparent. I had never heard of these speakers, but I have taken notice for sure, and I am sure they were a majority contributor to the sound being produced.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2016, 04:49 pm »
The Arcus may be spoken for, I'll know in a few days.  But the Derecho and Cirrus pair are available, as is the rack and the Stiff Breeze special we were offering.  Below is the show flier we were handing out.  The sweetheart of the show deal is I was offering in-home delivery and setup within a 2 hour driving window, but the pricing still is good. 

I appreciate just how awesome that rack is even more now, after disassembling it once.  It's a brilliant design with unmatched build quality and ease of configuration/flexibility.  Ed did an amazing job, coming up with and executing that unique design.  After I took the shelves off, I had to walk up it myself just to see :)  It could probably hold 3 of me without any flex. 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2016, 04:55 pm »
I must say this system was my 'best in show'. Full-bodied (Lampis calling card), extremely dynamic (Verastarr cables), and highly transparent. I had never heard of these speakers, but I have taken notice for sure, and I am sure they were a majority contributor to the sound being produced.

The speakers always are the majority of sound produced, but truth is all of us have realized that each is producing next-level product that works incredibly well together.  I own a Lampi DAC and lots of Verastarr cables, the Lampi guys own Vapor speakers and Verastarr cables, and Mike at Verastarr owns a Lampi DAC and is having me build something. 

Yes, speakers are the majority, but everything matters.  Transparency and resolution without fatigue is our shtick, as it is with LampizatOr and Verastarr.  Put them all together and you can get off the upgrade merry-go-round.

That $2900 Musical Design amp we were using was incredible as well, and Folsom's chip amp really sang on the Derecho. 

otto802

« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2016, 11:36 pm »
Folsom's chip amp really sang on the Derecho.

I am so sad that I missed hearing Folsom's chip amp! Very cool!

Even for only being there the first day, everything sounded great! I usually expect things to be a little sub-par on the first day with everyone getting their gear tuned in to the other components and the room, but the Lampi-Vapor-Verra room was great right out of the starting blocks! Great to hear that the system sounded even with some DIY components, but that's not too unexpected!
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2016, 03:00 am by otto802 »

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2016, 02:25 am »
The speakers always are the majority of sound produced, but truth is all of us have realized that each is producing next-level product that works incredibly well together.  I own a Lampi DAC and lots of Verastarr cables, the Lampi guys own Vapor speakers and Verastarr cables, and Mike at Verastarr owns a Lampi DAC and is having me build something. 

Yes, speakers are the majority, but everything matters.  Transparency and resolution without fatigue is our shtick, as it is with LampizatOr and Verastarr.  Put them all together and you can get off the upgrade merry-go-round.

That $2900 Musical Design amp we were using was incredible as well, and Folsom's chip amp really sang on the Derecho.

Was this the Musical Design amp you guys had?

http://www.musicaldesign.com/MD_DM100C.html

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #10 on: 20 Apr 2016, 03:09 am »

Factorz

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jan 2017, 07:46 pm »
Just got the email about this years Axpona and saw Vapor listed. Is this still the plan and any feedback on what your bringing?

2bigears

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jan 2017, 01:15 am »
 :D.   Very nice speakers.   That amp looks interesting ,,,,, that dam US dollar is gonna kill me,,  :D

Factorz

« Reply #13 on: 11 Mar 2017, 03:55 pm »
Looks like Vapor is no longer listed on the site so I guess that answers my question. Will miss grabbing lunch with Ryan and I hope all is well in his world.

pconley2

« Reply #14 on: 11 Mar 2017, 05:55 pm »
We all wish him well, I hope he is finding the peace he needed with awareness that he has brought much beauty to this world.

Phil