"New" production Telefunken

BaronKyle

• The more I see, the less I know for sure.
"New" production Telefunken
« on: 25 Jan 2016, 05:31 pm »
Has anyone purchased any of these modern Tele's?

I see it is a partnership with JJ.  Hopefully more than just a JJ clone with a higher asking price.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/940833-summer-namm-telefunken-introduce-new-black-diamond-tubes-namm.html

BK

Mike B.

Re: "New" production Telefunken
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2016, 05:33 pm »
 Does not look like a Tele. Plates are way short.

daves

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2016, 10:12 pm »
You don't want to buy these, Kyle.

BaronKyle

• The more I see, the less I know for sure.
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2016, 04:53 am »
I read deeper into the comments section.  Tele labs replied, and it sounds like this tube is just a high quality JJ with a special cryo process and higher quality control.  They also specifically state:

"The simple answer you're searching for is no. The black diamond tubes are made for us by JJ with their current processes and equipment.

Again, and not that you have accused us of this, but we have never made claims towards reconstructing these with original Telefunken GmbH's machines, materials, etc."

:peek:

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2016, 09:56 am »
Wow.
"TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik's origins began in 2000 when owner Toni Fishman acquired the rights to the name and diamond logo for use in North America. " from http://www.telefunken-elektroakustik.com/about/  and they just happened to spell Electroacoustic in the German manner because they wanted to make sure everybody would know its a company from Connecticut.  Sure. 

Now maybe their stuff is good, or as great as the old real Telefunken equipment.  Maybe not.  I'll bet they sell better than if they were labeled Fishman and didn't have the classic Telefunken/Neumann shape or logo.

Maybe I can acquire the rights the name Duesenberg, import some Chinese Chery or Indian Mahindra automobiles and slap a sticker on them.

This P.O.S. is legally a "Bozak"  http://img.usaudiomart.com/uploads/52/649172148_thumb_0249cdeacae5e910ce319c07e44238e9.jpg right down to the classic logo.

hmm. Maybe I could legally change my name to Herkimer Hieronymus Scott and start making amplifiers.  But I'ld have to think of a product name.....
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2016, 12:20 am by KenSeger »

daves

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2016, 05:38 pm »
$22 to $30 for a ijj tube is not the same as a real telefunken for $30.

fatalbert

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2016, 09:25 pm »
Has anyone tried these yet?

daves

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2016, 09:41 pm »
Yes, I have, that's why I recommended Kyle not do it.