WTB: Parasound Halo P5 Pre-amp (Black preferred) w/ remote

Bostown

• BASS CLUB [Boston Audio Stereo & Social Club]
    • Second Time Sound - Audio Gear Re-Purposed
I'm interested in a Parasound Halo P5 in black w/ remote
If you're upgrading and/or just looking to move to something different , I may very well be you buyer.

It's a curiosity purchase at best. ( mostly for the Hi/Low Pass filter functionality ) to test a few speaker /sub combos.
If you have one and are interested in selling ( or possibly trading, I have a few things that may be of interest - speakers, amps etc) send me a PM.

Thanks

gene9p

Re: WTB: Parasound Halo P5 Pre-amp (Black preferred) w/ remote
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2015, 12:46 pm »
try this..ask for Tim..he can be helpful and get a better price too,,fully warrantied demo

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1PAHAP5

Bostown

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2015, 11:10 pm »
still wanted...

Bostown

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2015, 01:32 pm »
Still Interested in acquiring a Halo P5 in Black.  $575 - $675 depending on condition.

srb

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2015, 04:33 pm »
Even at the high end of your range, $675 (62%) would be a pretty good deal for something that's been out for ~ a year and very scarce in the used marketplace.

But the (somewhat depressed) used market will dictate, so it will be interesting to see if the one that's been listed on Audiogon for 2 days at $785 will sell quickly.  Of course, unlike an eBay auction, there won't know be any way to know what the final selling price actually is.

Steve

Ictwoody

• Art Director. Artist. Kansan.
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2015, 07:23 pm »
Of course, unlike an eBay auction, there won't know be any way to know what the final selling price actually is.

Steve

Actually, if you add it to your watch list then when it sells you'll see the accepted best offer there. I do this when researching the market for stuff I'm considering selling.

- Woody

Bostown

« Reply #6 on: 1 Aug 2015, 06:05 pm »
Srb:    Believe it or not ,  two. p5 units closed at auction in the range i listed, which is where i came up with those numbers.   I had them on my search list back when i was selling a p3/t3 conbo .  At the time i had no interest in the P5.   

audio advisor is selling off b stock for under a grand currently.  Its a curiosity buy at best for me. Im more curious to see how it stacks up against some other preamps and dacs that i own.   Id also consider pairing it full time with an Audire amp  and using the filtering  to run a 2.1 set up.  Gotta do something with all those subs hanging around. :)

srb

« Reply #7 on: 1 Aug 2015, 06:19 pm »
Its a curiosity buy at best for me. Im more curious to see how it stacks up against some other preamps and dacs that i own.

At those prices I just don't see how you can go wrong.  Hopefully you'll be able to find one and can report back on the comparison to other gear.  There's not too much talk about the P5 on AudioCircle, but if it turns out to be one of those overlooked gems (considering it's functionality and reasonable cost) I might be posting my own WTB ad.  ;)

Steve

ChrisPDX

« Reply #8 on: 16 Apr 2018, 01:30 am »
Srb:    Believe it or not ,  two. p5 units closed at auction in the range i listed, which is where i came up with those numbers.   I had them on my search list back when i was selling a p3/t3 conbo .  At the time i had no interest in the P5.   

audio advisor is selling off b stock for under a grand currently.  Its a curiosity buy at best for me. Im more curious to see how it stacks up against some other preamps and dacs that i own.   Id also consider pairing it full time with an Audire amp  and using the filtering  to run a 2.1 set up.  Gotta do something with all those subs hanging around. :)

Pardon the old thread resurrect, but I'm in the market for a P5 and was curious what you meant by "audio advisor is selling off b stock," and does that still apply today? http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1PAHAP5 Thanks.

Bostown

« Reply #9 on: 17 Apr 2018, 01:07 am »
Pardon the old thread resurrect, but I'm in the market for a P5 and was curious what you meant by "audio advisor is selling off b stock," and does that still apply today? http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1PAHAP5 Thanks.
They will often list Manufacturer refurbished units, demo's ,  "open box" etc    Their regular price on the P5 is over  $1095 ,  they sell off  B stock units  for $100 - $150 less.   Market prices are all over the map.   from as low as $575 - to as high as $900,    You can find one in that range pretty regularly just as you could when I first posted the original message.    Parasound really should  update the unit ( maybe call it a P6)  and include a few HDMI connections.   Video switching and access the built in DAC via HDMI  just makes sense ( even for dedicated 2 channel systems)   Then it will be a COMPLETE 2 channel swiss army knife component.   No idea why only a few units are pulling digital via  HDMI ,  ESSENCE HDACC ( v2) is one of only a handful of units that support  Coax, toslink , USB, and HDMI as digital inputs.  -  pack that function into what the P5 can already do and give  2 channel systems the convenience of a PRE/PRO without the multichannel surround functionality.    ( think back to when analog pre-amps had VIDEO switching ).

In any case.  B- Stock  is made up from various types of Previously opened / used, or manufacturer refurbished units.  - " A stock" is factory NEW off the line.   for more in depth explanation, set your browser loose on Google :)
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2018, 02:05 pm by Bostown »