Ref9 V2 SE intermittently malfunctioning

Stark Tobak

Ref9 V2 SE intermittently malfunctioning
« on: 22 Jan 2014, 06:46 pm »
My Ref9 V2 SEs are a perfect match to my Brontosaurus speakers (Mark & Daniel actually, but nevermind). However, one of the amps has been acting up lately; normally they're on all the time but the other week I had to disconnect the speaker cables so I turned them off and when I turned them on again one channel was dead. Sure, the blue indicator lamp lights up but no sound. I have had a local shop have a look at that amp and oddly, first time they hooked it up it worked just fine. Turning off and on again - no sound but blue lamp was A-OK. Confucious say: confusion!

Seriously! Does anyone here know what could be wrong? Had the amp module been truly fried there would have been no 'second coming'. Also, the problem may be intermittent. Any help much appreciated.

And yes, I'm running another Class D power amp at the moment, same preamp/DAC, same cables &c, and everything works just fine, although I'm not sure the bass is in 100% control...

Best,

/J.

John Casler

Re: Ref9 V2 SE intermittently malfunctioning
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2014, 07:05 pm »
Sounds like you need to send the amp in to be checked out.

You would need to fill out a "Support Ticket" on the website and get an RMA#.

CLICK HERE

gatman

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2014, 05:40 pm »
I am having exactly the same problem but with a Ref 9 v3 SE - one amp intermittently will produce no sound even though the power light is on.  I would be interested to hear what the outcome was for the original poster.

Thanks,

George

yoby

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2014, 11:54 am »
I also have a 9SE V3  amp that has no sound and the blue LED light is on. I normally hear a "tick" sound through the speakers when I power up these amps Not so with this amp. My amps are out of warranty now, and I don't know how to go about sending it in for repair. Thank you. Please help, Jeff Lazicki

avta

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2014, 01:53 pm »
You didn't accidentally switch the balanced/unbalanced switch to the wrong position did you?

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2014, 11:25 pm »
I also have a 9SE V3  amp that has no sound and the blue LED light is on. I normally hear a "tick" sound through the speakers when I power up these amps Not so with this amp. My amps are out of warranty now, and I don't know how to go about sending it in for repair. Thank you. Please help, Jeff Lazicki

Hi Jeff, it does sound like the amp needs to be looked at.

For Instructions on Obtaining SERVICE LOOK HERE

yoby

« Reply #6 on: 2 Dec 2014, 10:24 am »
Well, I sent my broken (and out of warranty) 9SE V3 amp in for service and it was received by Nuforce on September 19, 2014. I'm still waiting. I've received a couple of apologetic emails from Bob and another service person that were encouraging, listing numerous reasons for the delay. I also received an email from Jason with an offer to trade my 9 SE V3's in for a pair of Ref 20's. I'm just not sure what's going here. Best of luck to all of you waiting on repairs. Jeff Lazicki