North East Ohio

maxboy00

Re: North East Ohio
« Reply #60 on: 8 Aug 2013, 05:56 pm »
If you are not bound to NE Ohio, Elite Audio in NY is very good, I have used them myself and had good results.

Jonathan

« Reply #61 on: 8 Aug 2013, 06:09 pm »
If you are not bound to NE Ohio, Elite Audio in NY is very good, I have used them myself and had good results.

Really want to avoid shipping if possible.

carusoracer

« Reply #62 on: 2 Oct 2013, 05:09 pm »
Any interest in a GTG?  Winter is approaching and we'll be really starting to fire up the Big Rig again.
Located in Central, OH

Go BUCS!

raysracing

« Reply #63 on: 21 Nov 2013, 01:02 am »
it is cold now and not outdoors as much.  I'm game for a get together in NE Ohio. About all I have time for as for travel.  Prefer a weeknight as my weekends are still always packed.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #64 on: 21 Nov 2013, 01:30 am »
Let me know what's happening. My only weeknight commitment is Wednesday.

bbaxter

« Reply #65 on: 21 Nov 2013, 01:49 am »
I'm in Cleveland Heights.  Used to work for Telarc & have some of their old speakers they used, Infinity RS 4.5's & a/d/s 1230's.  Also draft beer in basement!  Would love to get together for listening on weekends!

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #66 on: 21 Nov 2013, 02:33 pm »
A long time ago, I did a few recording for Telarc/Advent when my good buddies Skip Kelly & Corby Grubb weren't available.

Friday evening I'll be in Cleveland Hts. marking the speedskating track at the rink.

raysracing

« Reply #67 on: 22 Nov 2013, 02:35 am »
I'm Cleveland Heights too and I love beer. Count me in.

carusoracer

« Reply #68 on: 3 Dec 2013, 06:18 pm »
So who is going to be able to host. I can always make a trip up to visit my folks in Shaker.

I would luv to hear those Infinity's.

I'm located in central OH 

Go BUCS!

I was just in town over the holiday before heading to "The Game" in Ann Arbor. Drove by the Hts Ice Rink, used to have some great hockey wars over there.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #69 on: 5 Dec 2013, 03:24 pm »
Were those hockey games in the old rink or in the new recreation center rink that they built around the old rink in 2001?  We are having a small speedskating race Saturday afternoon in the big Olympic sized rink.  Normally we have away to big meet,  but other major event kept switching dates until there was no time available at Hts.

bbaxter

« Reply #70 on: 6 Dec 2013, 02:50 am »
What a coincidence!  I play hockey in the Heights men's league!  Hockey, audio & beer -- that's what it's all about!  :thumb:

I could host a small gathering over the holidays.  How would the weekend between Christmas & New Years work for you guys?

raysracing

« Reply #71 on: 6 Dec 2013, 03:29 am »
Well crap-I go on my first vaca in 6 years at that time. My basement system is getting better all of the time, but I have no reference as I have never heard a stereo better than mine, but that is not saying a lot.  meaning Ive never heard a seriously tuned/expensive audiophile system since maybe 80's Audiocraft days (Infinity and Macintosh).

carusoracer

« Reply #72 on: 6 Dec 2013, 05:40 pm »
I remember them as well.  Infinity speakers great tweeters with the warmth of the big Mac Amps, nice combination.

The Hockey wars were in the old rink..I would like to see the inside of the new one.  8)

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #73 on: 6 Dec 2013, 06:41 pm »
We have 3 speedskating competitions in Ohio this winter. [1] Tomorrow at Cleveland Hts. [2] Saturday Dec. 28 in Columbus [3] Late February at Cleveland Hts. 

carusoracer

« Reply #74 on: 10 Dec 2013, 08:16 pm »
If I'm not up north in Cleveland, please post the time and venue for the Columbus event. I would like to try and attend.

:thumb:

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #75 on: 11 Dec 2013, 12:01 am »
I'm trying to get a link to the printed info that I have for the Columbus "Chiller Reindeer Games" speedskating meet.
What I do know about this low level meet.
Saturday December 28, 2013
About 8AM to 1 PM
At Chiller Easton Ice Skating Rink
More information soon at:
http://www.ohiospeedskating.com/  (that's my page)
http://www.thechiller.com/index.cfm?pageName=page&pageid=105

As for last Saturday's Cleveland Heights event.  I expected it to be a low key event with Ohio skaters plus Western New York and Pittsburgh skaters. But we got many from the D.C. area and a few more from Florida, Salt Lake City and Calgary!  Each racer did 7 races in 5 hours. (that's a lot of racing in such a short time).  Lots of good competition and no bad crashes.

raysracing

« Reply #76 on: 14 Dec 2013, 12:42 am »
One of the moderators is local and is willing to discuss SACD and hi rez music as a possible first get together. I am leaving Dec. 26th and would love a get together before then. 

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #77 on: 14 Dec 2013, 01:05 am »
One of the moderators is local and is willing to discuss SACD and hi rez music as a possible first get together. I am leaving Dec. 26th and would love a get together before then.

Ray, yes I posted on page one, more than a year ago.  :)

bbaxter

« Reply #78 on: 20 Dec 2013, 01:13 am »
Hey guys -- some of you have replied about my proposed gathering the weekend between Christmas and New Years.  Since many of you won't be able to make it, I thought we should re-schedule it when everyone is available.  How would the following Sunday, Jan 5th work for everyone?  No Browns game that week! ;-)

kernelbob

« Reply #79 on: 20 Dec 2013, 02:01 am »
Sunday the 5th works for me.  Looking forward to it.  Thanks