SOLD McCormack Digital Drive SST-1 CD Transport SOLD on USAudioMart

bside123

Here is a classic, and rather renowned, Digital Transport from Steve McCormack.

McCormack Digital Drive SST-1 CD Transport

This piece is in excellent condition with no discernible blemishes. The unit is a "top-loader" with a drawer, and it secures the CD to the drive with a magnetic puck. It is very stable. It comes with the remote, and all features function perfectly, including a switch to turn off the display. It reads CD very quickly. The SST-1 sounds great. I have been using it coupled with a McCormack Digital Drive DAC 1 Special Edition and have been loving it. The DAC may also be for sale soon, as I am beginning to "thin the herd." Some of you know that I am a "fanboy" of sorts for McCormack equipment, so I am a little reluctant to let this go (I've been using it without complaint) ... but alas, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

You can see the Cardas Jacks in the back for the Digital Outputs. There are also ports for AES/EBU and ST Optical if the unit is modified.

I want to clearly point out one issue that may or may not be an objection. Occasionally, not on every play mind you, once or twice during a CD, the Transport will "skip" for less than a second. I don't know what to call it, because technically CDs aren't supposed to skip, but it is more like a "nano click." Although this doesn't happen every time, and when it does... it's nobody's guess and you can't predict it... BUT I am obliged to mention this. I listened to this unit, and enjoyed it thoroughly, and occasionally this phenomena would cause me to look up, raise an eyebrow, or wonder WTF!?

I am not a techie and do very little DIY stuff... other than digitally drive to the store, if that counts.

These units are somewhat rare in the pre-owned market, are coveted and also somewhat hard to find... especially in this condition. All things considered, with the above exception included, this Digital Transport functions perfectly and sounds fantastic. The web is full of accolades, if that's important to you. I may have the manual, but I do not have the original box. I will pack it extremely securely for shipping, and local pick-up is absolutely welcome. I am a trusted and active AudioCircle member. Please contact me for any questions.

Price: $375 $350 plus shipping and PayPal Fees. Zip Code 62901

« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2012, 02:15 am by bside123 »

bside123

bside123

Bump
Slight Price Reduction
This is a wonderful sounding transport.

bside123

SOLD on the new USAudioMart