• "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: MIT speaker cables
« Reply #340 on: 13 Mar 2017, 01:23 am »
..... I am near High Ridge .....
Well "Hello", my fellow JeffCo resident.  :thumb:

trloh

Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #341 on: 13 Mar 2017, 02:29 am »
Hello Bob, thanks for noticing.  I'm sure you have all the cables you need but if you know someone wanting to experiment let 'em know. 8)

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #342 on: 13 Mar 2017, 02:35 am »
Yessir, and roger that.
Hope to meet up and say "Hey", sometime.  :thumb:

fargnoli

« Reply #343 on: 23 Apr 2017, 07:50 pm »
Here are pictures of some of the equipment I have for sale. Pictured are the Audio Research power amp and my Sota. None of this has been powered up since 2004:

The previous (and original) owner modified this power amp. It has four tubes in each channel for amplification, and large capacitors in the power supply. To drain it, I'd turn off the power amp and let the system keep playing. I'd turn off the preamp after the speakers fell silent, which took about a minute IIRC.

The front left corner of the Sota is marred, and the cover is broken.

The vacuum pumps have not been turned on since 2004. There's a good chance the seals are all dried out and leaking.

In addition, I have a Nitty Gritty with a cut power cord, the Eminent Technology tonearm's box, and a box of tubes, some of which are correct for power amp. I figure the Nitty Gritty goes with the Sota, while the tubes go with the power amp. I have the three, extremely pointy, feet for the Sota stored separately.

Let me know if you're interested.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #344 on: 23 Apr 2017, 11:16 pm »
PM sent.

fargnoli

« Reply #345 on: 26 Apr 2017, 12:42 am »
A former colleague named Mike Tsecouras modified his Audio Research amp before selling it to me. Imagine my surprise when a current colleague googled my former colleagues name and we found articles. He sold me his Sota as well. He's mentioned in the section on Audio Research http://www.theaudiobeat.com/ces2016/ces2016_jimmy_awards.htm. Wish I hadn't lost touch with him now!

trloh

« Reply #346 on: 3 May 2017, 09:48 pm »
Sold......

I have a twin set of Onix Rocket UFW-10 subwoofers that would make a decent reinforcement for a pair of bookshelves in a two channel system.  They are sealed units and have some eq adjustments to help blend them into a room and match them to your speakers.  They do ok for movies but they were mainly designed for musical sound more than deep boom.

They are the darker wood ebony with piano black end caps and are in great shape.  They come with factory boxes.  I would like to sell them as a pair but would sell separate.

I am near High Ridge but could meet you around the St. Louis area by appointment most evenings and most weekends.

Thanks,
Troy
« Last Edit: 11 May 2017, 10:58 pm by trloh »

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #347 on: 3 May 2017, 11:48 pm »
Those are neat subs, I've got a pair of them.
Hello neighbor! (I'm in House Springs).  :thumb:

jibzilla

« Reply #348 on: 6 May 2017, 04:32 am »
Inspire LP 27a preamp. Only 2 months old. Just paid $1500 for it. Will let it go for $1k.

jameskrack86@gmail.com

Magnus

« Reply #349 on: 10 May 2017, 07:15 pm »
Hello,
    While it's not equipment, I hope a classical music lover might be in the market for this 80 CD Glenn Gould boxed set. I'm asking $100 for it, or best reasonable offer. It's got two issues: One, the box corners were weak and cracked a bit. (I've fixed them with clear tape.) Two, early pressings of this set had an issue with Disc 37 (Beethoven Bagatelles) where certain tracks had a tracking/white noise issue on a four very brief tracks. I reside in Oakville. If you're interested, please PM me.

Will3

« Reply #350 on: 3 Jun 2017, 07:35 pm »
Hello Everyone, Terry here. I've been back into home audio about 4 years now. I live in the Bridgeton - St Ann area. I'm selling a few things and hoped someone local could use them.  They're all in very good to excellent condition btw!
VPI HW-16 Record Cleaner, upgraded to a 16.5, Black, original foam platter, brush. Looks almost unused. From Non smoking home. 200.00 SOLD!
Marantz 2285B Receiver in OUTSTANDING Condition, No issues cosmetically or electronically, original lamps, no LEDs! From a non smoking home. 800.00
Pioneer CT-F1000 Cassette Deck in Excellent Condition, everything works including functions and indicators. From a non smoking home. 350.00
I have the Marantz and Pioneer listed locally on CL with photos btw.

Glad to be here!

« Last Edit: 6 Jun 2017, 06:42 pm by Will3 »

kentj1948

Monster AVS 2000 AC Line Conditioner, Voltage Stabilizer
« Reply #351 on: 11 Jun 2017, 08:35 pm »
I am selling my Monster AVS 2000 AC line conditioner and voltage stabilizer.  It is in perfect condition and will upgrade the sound of your system while protecting your equipment and cleaning up the incoming AC line.  The 2000 outputs 120 Volts regardless of the incoming line voltage.  This means the 124 V Ameren line isn't overheating your power supply and distorting the sound.  This unit also has Monster's top of the line Stage 5 filtering for removing noise.  Finally it will protect your system from voltage spikes and brown outs.  The 2000 can supply up to 1500 Watts and can protect an entire stereo or home theater system. 

I am asking $450.  Please check eBay to see what sort of prices these units are bringing.  Anything under $400 is being sold for parts.

Included is the original box and manual. 

« Last Edit: 6 Jul 2017, 10:10 pm by kentj1948 »

kentj1948

Looking for high quality CD rack
« Reply #352 on: 8 Jul 2017, 09:56 pm »
I would like to find a Boltz or other high quality CD rack.  The Boltz I want is 23.5 inches wide and has 11 shelves.  I am also open to something similar if anyone has one.  Thanks for looking at my ad.  Kentj 636-399-8053

daves

Sonab

Furman Elite-15 DMi Power Conditioner For Sale
« Reply #354 on: 14 Jul 2017, 06:28 pm »
Furman Elite-15 DMi Power Conditioner For Sale

Linear Filtering AC Power Source. Dual Meter.
Another great component that i do not have room for.

$500-$600 ish NEW on epay. (One listed for $400 NEW right now, so let's use that number for comparison.)
How about $250 for mine?
I am in Chesterfield, for those of you that have not been here for my "vinyl blowout's".

Mr Peabody

« Reply #355 on: 22 Jul 2017, 11:44 pm »
Just sharing the word of an unusually good deal.  Revel Studio 2, mahogany, brand new sealed in the box, around half price of retail.  Full warranty.
contact Dave 314-378-0588

vintage9594

Denon DP 55k w/Gold Ring 1012GX cartridge
« Reply #356 on: 25 Jul 2017, 10:37 pm »
I have a Denon DP 55K Direct Drive table for sale with Denon tonearm.  It comes with a Gold Ring 1012gx cartridge with low hours.  Dust cover has light swirl marks, plinth is in good shape and most importantly the table sounds good and operates as it should.

Local St Louis sale no shhipping.
Text to 314-498-3115 for photos or questions.

$600 obo
thx
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2017, 12:23 pm by vintage9594 »

vintage9594

WTB turntable i.e. VPI, Linn, Clearaudio etc upto $1500 budget
« Reply #357 on: 1 Aug 2017, 08:17 pm »
I am looking to upgrade from my Denon Direct drive table.
Looking for a something along the lines of VPI, Sota, Linn can spend up to $1500
Looking for a St Louis area deal as I am not looking to ship in a table and have it get damaged and also would like to inspect it.
Thx
Don
314-498-3115

jibzilla

« Reply #358 on: 1 Aug 2017, 11:12 pm »
I have an account with yahoojapan. Just me but I would stick with vintage japan. Imo you did very well there and will not likely see an upgrade maybe save the sota depending on the arm. You can get a Yamaha GT2000 or Micro Seiki bl-91 for that kind of loot. Both of those TT's are very large though.

Adrian_hern

Re: Good price: Free
« Reply #359 on: 3 Aug 2017, 03:22 pm »
are these still up for grabs ?

Free to a good home.  Russ Lang reel to reel cabinets from Scully 280 or 280A.

Some with, some without casters.  Some with high pedestals (like in the 280 photo) some with low pedestals (like in the 280A photo). All were for stereo (2 track as in photos) units.  Standard rack mount width, reel to reel platform tilts up.
Ken