VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #340 on: 28 Mar 2015, 11:10 pm »
PRICE DROP  -  $80.00

VMPS Original Subwoofer Audiophile Grade - (Boston, MA)  $100

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/4944208101.html

"VMPS Subwoofer in excellent physical and functional working condition but in need of some TLC.

The subwoofer works but one of the voice coils in the dual voice coil driver isn't working. Running it from the sub out on the receiver to a dedicated sub woofer amp effectively negates this issue as only one voice coil is needed. The other issue is that the foam surround on the down firing passive radiator has begun to dry rot and will need to be replaced. For these reasons it's offered as a project for the bargain price of $100. I have to think the furniture quality cabinet alone is worth more than that that to a hobbyist. It includes the original owner's manual as well as the tinted glass that sits on top of the cabinet making it into a nice end table.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=26563.0

I will also offer my dedicated TBI 200su subwoofer amplifier to the buyer for an additional $150 to interested buyers (this is a $450 amp). You can run two separate passive subs with this BASH amp. Both items can be auditioned.

http://www.stereotimes.com/speak112204.shtml

http://tbisound.com/dsp_products_subwtbi200.asp

VMPS SUB $100 (Optional TBI SUBWOOFER AMP) $150 - $250 for the package.

Local cash or trade offers only. No scams."

Stimpy

« Reply #341 on: 29 Mar 2015, 08:57 pm »
VMPS Tallboy Subwoofer Audiophile  -  (South Bethlehem/Allentown, PA)  $350

http://allentown.craigslist.org/ele/4954794142.html

"VMPS brand "Tallboy" subwoofer in great shape with original removable speaker grill (no rips or tears in cloth). There are three speakers in this sub. One 15" driven to go super low, one 12" driven to maintain the tight punch and one 15" passive downfiring speaker that was just refoamed. This sub is sealed (non-vented). This sub does NOT have a built in amp. This is a high quality audiophile unit that will make your eyelids flutter if driven with a powerful quality amp. NASA actually used THIS model to test the effects of sonic vibrations on electricl components used in space travel. We all know NASA does not go small when they test equipment! Do your own research and you will be impressed with other peoples reviews. Of course I will review it well, I am trying to sell it.

I have two VMPS 4-way speakers in a small room so I do not need to vibrate the neighbor's windows down the street. The three were bought as a set but the sub can be used with any system.  This sub is HUGE! Picture with the water bottle on top shows a size comparison.
The top wood can use a polishing or refinish (sun fade) to match your decor. Yes, it is real wood.

Thanks for looking."

Stimpy

« Reply #342 on: 8 Apr 2015, 11:45 pm »
REPOST & PRICE DROP  -  $900.00

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-vmps-tower-2-special-edition-local-pick-2015-04-06-speakers-60601-chicago-il

VMPS Tower 2 Special Edition - Local Pickup Only - (Chicago, IL)  $1200

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-vmps-tower-2-special-edition-local-pick-2015-03-04-speakers-60601-chicago-il

"A nice pair traded in all original. The foam may need to be replaced but wanted to show an example of a really nice unit of this age. Very nice sound for low price."

Stimpy

« Reply #343 on: 8 Apr 2015, 11:50 pm »
VMPS RM 2 Ribbon Monitors  -  (Pleasantville, NY)  $1101.00

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-vmps-rm-2-ribbon-monitors-floor-standing-full-range-stereo-speakers-2015-04-16-speakers-10570-pleasantville-ny

"Original owner of two wonderful, large (approx. 45"x 14"x 16") floorstanding RM2's in piano black lacquer finish. Two neodymium magnet ribbon tweeters, two mid-range neo magnet planar midrange panels, one 12" carbon fiber active plus 12" passive woofer per speaker. 8/10 as one speaker has broken plastic tab on corner of removable speaker grill. Barely noticeable (and could probably be glued).

Original owner. Purchased factory direct. In addition to piano black ($400 extra) finish, also added mega woofers and additional Soundcoat insulation/bracing in cabinets, more expensive wiring (all done at factory with initial order). All told, total original price around $3600.

See photographs for directions to bi-amp which they are factory ready for. I never did that and don't think it necessary but the option is yours. Note that these speakers do not require bi-wired cables for normal operation. Back panels include adjustable treble and mid controls.

Fantastically revealing mid-range and big bass. Mainly listen to classical/opera plus rock and jazz and voices are superb, bass probably better than most speakers costing much much more. Moved to apartment and just can't deal with size (well, gf can't). Ran them mostly with Quicksilver V4 Mono Tube Amps (around 120 watts each) and Bryston 4BST (310 watts/ch) stereo solid state amp. Were in main system which didn't get a lot of use.

Prefer not to ship. Located in Pleasantville, NY (Westchester County). I travel sometimes between NYC and Boston so might be able to deliver along that corridor. However, will ship if necessary.

Some excerpts from Wikipedia entry on VMPS:
Veritone Minimum Phase Speakers, or VMPS, was a loudspeaker manufacture founded in 1977 by speaker designer Brian Cheney. Many VMPS speakers received favorable reviews from audio critics, such as the RM40, which was awarded Best of CES in the High-End Audio category in 2002.[1]
The most recent VMPS speakers are a three-way design that featured ribbon drivers for the mid-range and tweeter. The high bandwidth of the mid-range "Neopanel" complemented the use of first-order filters. Woofers were used for bass and mid-bass, along with a passive radiator or port.... Woofers had woven carbon fiber cones and phase-plugs. The VMPS bass management system used one or more high-compliance down-firing passive radiators that was tunable by adding or removing putty from the diaphragm.
PR mass tuning along with level controls for mid-range and treble on the rear of the speaker, allowed the listen to tune the sound of the speaker to their listening room and personal preference.

If paying via Paypal will add 3% to purchase price.

Specification excerpts:
Power Handling 300 Watts
Frequency Range 22 Hz-25kHz
Sensitivity 91 dB/1W/1m
Dimensions 45" H x 14" W x 16" D
Weight 120 lbs"

« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2015, 08:39 pm by Stimpy »

Stimpy

« Reply #344 on: 9 Apr 2015, 12:16 am »
Hi Fi Stereo Gear Nikko Rotel Yamaha Muse VMPS  -  (Framingham/Boston, MA)  $50.00

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/4969321109.html

"Downsizing my stereo collection here is what is still available:

Nikko Tuner Gamma 20 $50
Nikko Tuner Gamma 30 $75
Nikko ATD-1 Time Delay Synthesizer (Rare) $65
Rotel Pre-Amp Tuner RTC-940AX $85
Rotel CD Player RCD-930AX (with brand new remote) $65
Yamaha (Nippon Gakki) T-700 Tuner (Rare) $20
Muse Model 18 Subwoofer (Very Rare, $4k new) $375
VMPS Subwoofer Heavy Duty, needs TLC $50

Do your homework, read reviews, price online, this is good stuff and it's priced to move; I want it gone, I need the space! I'm open to trade offers and will make package deal prices, if you want the whole lot I'll let you have it for $600, and I'll even throw in a few extra single speakers, this is a steal at roughly 10% of the original cost!!! Come get it!!!"

Stimpy

« Reply #345 on: 9 Apr 2015, 12:18 am »
VMPS RM2 floor standing speakers   -   (Kenosha, Wisconsin)  $1200.00

http://racine.craigslist.org/ele/4955230053.html

"I have a set of RM2s for sale. They have the light oak finish with black faces and black cloth grills. They are in excellent condition. These speakers have the FST ribbon tweeters, Neo Panel midrange, 12" Carbon Fiber cone woofer and a 12" down firing passive radiator. Two sets of binding posts allow for Bi-wiring or Bi-amping and include L pads to adjust treble and midrange output. Since the passing of Brian Cheney, VMPS has gone out of business and these speakers are no longer available but the last list price for a set like this was over $3,000.

Specifications
Bass- 30cm (12") woven carbon fiber, 30cm (12") Passive Radiator
Mid:- two rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8") Neo ribbons, 280 Hz - 6.9 kHz
Treble:- FST, 6.9kHz - 30kHz
Impedance & Sensitivity:- 4 Ohm (3.6 min.) 91 dB/1W/1m
Power handling: - 300 W rms / 4 Ohms, 20 W min.
Frequency response: - 22 Hz - 25 kHz +0/-3dB
Dimensions & Weight:- 114H x 38W x 41Dcm, 55kg (45"H x 15"W x 16"D, 120 lbs)
Output levels and distortion:- max. 1% THD fullrange/1 W, max. 112+ dB SPL / 1 m

I have 5 sets of VMPS speakers plus a LRC and a Larger Sub. The only reason for this sale is to downsize my living room system from a 5.1 to a 2.1 system.

Speakers are too big and too heavy to ship so local pickup only. I can deliver these speakers in the Milwaukee/Chicago area with upfront payment and if you cover the gas costs. $1,200"

Stimpy

« Reply #346 on: 13 Apr 2015, 09:06 pm »
PAIR VMPS SUPER TOWER II 12" WOOFERS X2710 -  (Boulder, Colorado)  $60.00  BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-VMPS-SUPER-TOWER-II-12-WOOFERS-X2710-8ohms-need-re-foam-/121621318092?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c513209cc

"PAIR 12" WOOFERS FROM VMPS SUPER TOWER II SPEAKERS

NUMBERS ON MAGNETS: X2710 1036 8702
AUCTION/SALE INCLUDES: One pair VMPS Super Tower II 12" woofers in need of a re-foam

Need foam, but guaranteed to function 100%. No coil rub. Cones and dustcaps are clean and free of damage.
Frames are straight and free of damage. There are two resistors glued to one frame - see photos.
Read 6.6ohms DCR on my meter.

TERMS OF SALE: One pair VMPS Super Tower II 12" woofers in need of re-foam, guaranteed to function 100%

USA 48 SHIPPING: $20"

Stimpy

« Reply #347 on: 13 Apr 2015, 09:12 pm »
PAIR VMPS SUPER TOWER II 12" WOOFERS X3914  -  (Boulder, Colorado)  $60.00  BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-VMPS-SUPER-TOWER-II-12-WOOFERS-X3914-8ohms-need-re-foam-/121621320750?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c5132142e

"PAIR 12" WOOFERS FROM VMPS SUPER TOWER II SPEAKERS

NUMBERS ON MAGNETS: X3914 1036 8703
AUCTION/SALE INCLUDES: One pair VMPS Super Tower II 12" woofers in need of a re-foam

There is another pair of these for sale - this is a different pair w/different numbers and parts.

Need foam, but guaranteed to function 100%. No coil rub. These cones are smooth, the dustcaps are see-through fabric - they are clean and free of damage.
Frames are straight and free of damage. Read 6.6ohms DCR on my meter.

TERMS OF SALE: One pair VMPS Super Tower II 12" woofers in need of re-foam, guaranteed to function 100%

USA 48 SHIPPING: $20"

Stimpy

« Reply #348 on: 18 Apr 2015, 08:48 pm »
REPOST & PRICE DROP

VMPS RM2 floor standing speakers - (Kenosha, Wisconsin)  $1000

http://racine.craigslist.org/ele/4955230053.html

"I have a set of RM2s for sale. They have the light oak finish with black faces and black cloth grills. They are in excellent condition. These speakers have the FST ribbon tweeters, Neo Panel midrange, 12" Carbon Fiber cone woofer and a 12" down firing passive radiator. Two sets of binding posts allow for Bi-wiring or Bi-amping and include L pads to adjust treble and midrange output. Since the passing of Brian Cheney, VMPS has gone out of business and these speakers are no longer available but the last list price for a set like this was over $3,000.

Specifications
Bass- 30cm (12") woven carbon fiber, 30cm (12") Passive Radiator
Mid:- two rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8") Neo ribbons, 280 Hz - 6.9 kHz
Treble:- FST, 6.9kHz - 30kHz
Impedance & Sensitivity:- 4 Ohm (3.6 min.) 91 dB/1W/1m
Power handling: - 300 W rms / 4 Ohms, 20 W min.
Frequency response: - 22 Hz - 25 kHz +0/-3dB
Dimensions & Weight:- 114H x 38W x 41Dcm, 55kg (45"H x 15"W x 16"D, 120 lbs)
Output levels and distortion:- max. 1% THD fullrange/1 W, max. 112+ dB SPL / 1 m

I have 5 sets of VMPS speakers plus a LRC and a Larger Sub. The only reason for this sale is to downsize my living room system from a 5.1 to a 2.1 system.

Speakers are too big and too heavy to ship so local pickup only. I can deliver these speakers in the Milwaukee/Chicago area with upfront payment and if you cover the gas costs. $1,000"

REPOST

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=132519.0

Stimpy

« Reply #349 on: 18 Apr 2015, 08:50 pm »
REPOST

VMPS Center speaker - (Kenosha, Wisconsin)  $450

http://racine.craigslist.org/ele/4955232450.html

"I have a VMPS LRC for sale. It is Cherry in color with a black cloth grill. It is in fair condition. This speaker originally came with a spiral ribbon tweeter which I replaced with a FST ribbon tweeters (Aurum Cantus G2 Ribbon Tweeter, $192 at Parts Express) It has a single Neo Panel midrange and (2) 6" Carbon Fiber cone woofers. These are the upgraded 40oz Mega woofers VMPS offered as an upgrade. The speaker includes two L pads to adjust treble and midrange output. Since the passing of Brian Cheney, VMPS has gone out of business and these speakers are no longer available but the last list price for a set like this was over $1,100.

Specifications
Bass: - 2x 16 cm (6") WCF megawoofer, front reflex loaded
Mid: - rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8") Neo ribbon, 280 Hz - 6.9 kHz
Treble: - FST, 6.9kHz - 30kHz
Impedance & Sensitivity: - 4 Ohm (3.6 min.) 90 dB/1W/1m
Power handling: - 250 W rms / 4 Ohms, 20 W min.
Frequency response: - 35 Hz - 25 kHz +0/-3 dB
Dimensions & Weight: - 27H x 82W x 33Dcm, 23 kg (10,5"H x 32"W x 13"D, 50 lbs)
Output levels and distortion: - max. 1%THD fullrange/1W, max. 110+ dB SPL / 1 m

The reason I rate this speakers as fair is the cabinet has one scratch on the end. I also replaced the plastic grill guides that broke when it was shipped to me with magnetic grill fasteners. When I mounted the FST, I did not mount it flush. All drivers work perfectly and none of the above effect the way the speaker sounds. You will be hard pressed to find a better sounding center channel at any price, note the how low these will go compared to there center channel speakers.

The speaker is too big and too heavy to ship so local pickup only. I can deliver these speakers in the Milwaukee/Chicago area with upfront payment and if you cover the gas costs."

Stimpy

« Reply #350 on: 18 Apr 2015, 08:54 pm »
VMPS Supertower R 111's - (Spring Hill, FL)  $650

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/ele/4982299660.html

"Excellent pair of highly regarded audiophile speakers.
Google them and you will know."

Stimpy

« Reply #351 on: 23 Apr 2015, 10:27 pm »
$9,000 dollar VMPS RM 60 "Wing" Speakers for sale - (California - San Francisco Bay Area)  $2800

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/4991255932.html

"I have a pair of VMPS RM 60 wing speakers for sale.  Bought from the Factory (Brian Cheney), lowered price.  $2800 obo. Complete with bases.  Macassar ebony finish.

Lots more VMPS speakers, drivers and cabinets available.  All brand new."

Brax

SOLD: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #352 on: 25 Apr 2015, 01:28 pm »
REPOST

VMPS Center speaker - (Kenosha, Wisconsin)  $450

http://racine.craigslist.org/ele/4955232450.html

"I have a VMPS LRC for sale. It is Cherry in color with a black cloth grill. It is in fair condition. This speaker originally came with a spiral ribbon tweeter which I replaced with a FST ribbon tweeters (Aurum Cantus G2 Ribbon Tweeter, $192 at Parts Express) It has a single Neo Panel midrange and (2) 6" Carbon Fiber cone woofers. These are the upgraded 40oz Mega woofers VMPS offered as an upgrade. The speaker includes two L pads to adjust treble and midrange output. Since the passing of Brian Cheney, VMPS has gone out of business and these speakers are no longer available but the last list price for a set like this was over $1,100.

Specifications
Bass: - 2x 16 cm (6") WCF megawoofer, front reflex loaded
Mid: - rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8") Neo ribbon, 280 Hz - 6.9 kHz
Treble: - FST, 6.9kHz - 30kHz
Impedance & Sensitivity: - 4 Ohm (3.6 min.) 90 dB/1W/1m
Power handling: - 250 W rms / 4 Ohms, 20 W min.
Frequency response: - 35 Hz - 25 kHz +0/-3 dB
Dimensions & Weight: - 27H x 82W x 33Dcm, 23 kg (10,5"H x 32"W x 13"D, 50 lbs)
Output levels and distortion: - max. 1%THD fullrange/1W, max. 110+ dB SPL / 1 m

The reason I rate this speakers as fair is the cabinet has one scratch on the end. I also replaced the plastic grill guides that broke when it was shipped to me with magnetic grill fasteners. When I mounted the FST, I did not mount it flush. All drivers work perfectly and none of the above effect the way the speaker sounds. You will be hard pressed to find a better sounding center channel at any price, note the how low these will go compared to there center channel speakers.

The speaker is too big and too heavy to ship so local pickup only. I can deliver these speakers in the Milwaukee/Chicago area with upfront payment and if you cover the gas costs."

Stimpy

« Reply #353 on: 28 Apr 2015, 07:18 pm »
PAIR OF VMPS DEDICATED SUBWOOFERS  -  (New City, New York)  $799.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161686843247?rmvSB=true

" Offered here is a pair of Vintage VMPS Dedicated Subwoofers in excellent condition. The cloth grills are clean an uncut, the walnut veneer is fantastic. The drivers are great as well.  See pictures!  We hooked them up to an amplifier and they worked LOUDLY.

According to our research: "This thing is a monster - it is rated at 300 watts; though some have driven them with much more power. It has a 12" front firing driver and a 15" downward firing passive radiator and a forward facing vent."

Each cabinet measures approximately 28" x 22" x 18".

PLEASE NOTE ITEM(S) PICTURED ARE THE ACTUAL ITEM AND/OR ITEMS YOU ARE BIDDING ON.

PLEASE ASK ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS BEFORE BIDDING.

LOCAL PICK UP IS NO CHARGE. I'LL WORK WITH YOUR SHIPPER. THIS MACHINE IS LOCATED IN ROCKLAND COUNTY, NEW YORK."

duck851

« Reply #354 on: 29 Apr 2015, 02:41 pm »
What's the dark circle seen inside the slot?   :wink:

Stimpy

« Reply #355 on: 30 Apr 2015, 12:00 am »
What's the dark circle seen inside the slot?   :wink:

I 'guess' you already know it's probably a disintegrated passive!!!    :o

Stimpy

« Reply #356 on: 30 Apr 2015, 12:03 am »
FOCAL T120 TWEETER FROM VMPS SPEAKER  -  (San Diego, California)  $74.99 - Free Shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOCAL-T120-TWEETER-FROM-VMPS-SPEAKER-/301613866030?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4639965c2e

"Up for sale is a Focal t120 tweeter in very good working condition. Removed from a VMPS speaker. Tested and found to be working.

Will come as shown in pics."

Stimpy

« Reply #357 on: 1 May 2015, 12:57 am »
VMPS Super Tower III the biggest, the best, the ultimate!  -  (Wheaton, Illinois)  $1000.00 Opening Bid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Super-Tower-III-the-biggest-the-best-the-ultimate-/171768920025?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fe39b7d9

"These are the real deal. VMPS super tower 3's. You won't find these easily elsewhere. Light oak cabinets in nice, but not perfect condition. The drivers are intact, no foam rot, but let's keep in mind these are getting close to 20 years old. I am the original owner and built them myself. Big presence, big soundstage, accurate and enjoyable. Want to bring a concert level experience into your listening space? Skip Vega, Jbl and the other "loudmouths". This is the answer. Let's talk about how to ship these 300 pound Giants. OOPS. Forgot to say this is for a pair of these kahunas."

Stimpy

« Reply #358 on: 7 May 2015, 05:05 pm »
VMPS Super Tower IIa/R & VMPS Tallboy Subwoofer Mint Speakers  -  (Camden DE)  $3500

http://delaware.craigslist.org/ele/5013742580.html

"For sale is one of the best sounding speakers that where ever made at any price. This is a one owner pair that is in mint shape. If you have never heard of VMPS they where open for 35 years till the death of the founder Brian Cheney in 2013. Please look them up on the web they have won many awards and for good reason they sound that darn good. The highs the mids and oh that BASS. They have two 15s three 12s five tweeters one super tweeter one mid bass and three midrange drivers they stand 76x22x18 275lb each cherry wood finish black grills. This pair come with the vmps upgraded mega woofers at a cost of 1200.00 x 2 no subwoofer needed with this pair of speakers. They also have three tone controls in the rear for the mids highs and super tweeter they are a must see and hear pair of speakers. I can deliver these after the sale if need be you are welcome to stop by and hear the very best speakers you have ever heard i am sure. Also have the vmps tallboy super subwoofer it boost two 15s and one 12 bass is unreal many other vintage gear for sale jvc turntable 66yf willing to trade for a smaller pair of speakers and cash for the vmps. The tallboy subwoofer is $500.00"

John Casler

« Reply #359 on: 7 May 2015, 05:08 pm »
Hard to imagine that Turntable on the LARGER is working out well   :scratch: