4 hours left...  1 bid so far.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: One Day Left on Cherry Jr DEMO
« Reply #62 on: 15 Sep 2010, 11:30 pm »
4 hours left...  1 bid so far.
We need to relist the double-modified Cherry jr demo since the winning bid was from a guy in Singapore who needed 230VAC mains.  The listing clearly stated 120VAC and "ship to USA only", so Audiogon is letting us relist, no charge.  Will post the link when it's available...

denjo

Re: Demo Cherry/DAC4800A Amps and other deals
« Reply #63 on: 16 Sep 2010, 12:17 am »
I am the "guy in Singapore" who won the auction! I must admit that I overlooked the "ship to US only" caveat, having first known about the auction right here at AC. The AC announcement did not have any limitation or caveat and being an international audio forum I assumed (wrongly in this case) that the auction was open for all to bid. Having won the bid, I made a request to convert the unit to 230 v and WBT binding posts, all with the implicit understanding that I would pay for these mods (including the shipping). I then received an email from Tony to say that Tommy would discuss the matter with me. The next thing I knew, I received an Audiogon notification that the "buyer had cancelled his order." This cannot be further from the truth and I take exception to this untruth and wish to set the record straight to clear my name from an otherwise unblemished Audiogon record that I DID NOT cancel my order! In successive order, I then see the above post that the item would be relisted on Audiogon with the unnecessary "guy in Singapore" remark! I feel offended and deeply disappointed with DAC's customer service and quite obviously disappointed and peeved. I was waiting for Tommy to email me so we could discuss matters! Is this the way you handle your potential customers? Not all customers are from US. But at the rate you have handled my case, I am beginning to wonder if you international customers are discriminated.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #64 on: 16 Sep 2010, 12:41 am »
I am the "guy in Singapore" who won the auction! I must admit that I overlooked the "ship to US only" caveat, having first known about the auction right here at AC. The AC announcement did not have any limitation or caveat and being an international audio forum I assumed (wrongly in this case) that the auction was open for all to bid. Having won the bid, I made a request to convert the unit to 230 v and WBT binding posts, all with the implicit understanding that I would pay for these mods (including the shipping). I then received an email from Tony to say that Tommy would discuss the matter with me. The next thing I knew, I received an Audiogon notification that the "buyer had cancelled his order." This cannot be further from the truth and I take exception to this untruth and wish to set the record straight to clear my name from an otherwise unblemished Audiogon record that I DID NOT cancel my order! In successive order, I then see the above post that the item would be relisted on Audiogon with the unnecessary "guy in Singapore" remark! I feel offended and deeply disappointed with DAC's customer service and quite obviously disappointed and peeved. I was waiting for Tommy to email me so we could discuss matters! Is this the way you handle your potential customers? Not all customers are from US. But at the rate you have handled my case, I am beginning to wonder if you international customers are discriminated.
No worries.  The “cancel order” thing on Audiogon might be the only way Tony had to re-list the stock demo.  He’s in Europe, so there’s a delay sometimes with communication.  I'll email you separately to work out the details of another demo unit custom modified for you.  We like to sell exactly what is pictured on Audiogon, so we want to keep that particular unit intact.

We have a 220VAC transformer in stock, plus everything else we need.

Sorry for the confusion.  We'll make you happy.  That's our goal.  By the way, I apologize for calling you the "guy in Singapore".   :D

DACGuy

« Reply #65 on: 16 Sep 2010, 10:45 am »
Denjo, I apologize for how this came across.  There is no way that I would throw this sale away or try to insult you in any way!  I selected "buyer cancelled" so that when I applied for a free relist (listing an item has a set cost + transaction % taken by Audiogon) Audiogon wouldn't immediately throw it out.

I was letting Tommy handle the communication about a new unit with you directly as he hand builds the amplifiers.  I was just trying to clear it up through Audiogon, I was unaware that listing it as such would give you negative feedback. 

There is no discrimination to international buyers, spreading the Digital Amplifier Co. name across the world is only a positive for us, however due to shipping and voltage restrictions, this demo unit wasn't eligible to go abroad.

I hope you'll understand where I was coming from, I meant no disrespect and I genuinely apologize for the aggravation this caused you. 

Tony

denjo

« Reply #66 on: 16 Sep 2010, 11:20 am »
Thank you Tommy & Tony! Apologies accepted! It is not in my nature to bear grudges. Life is too short for that! Now that you have explained, it is certainly a lot more acceptable and understandable why things happened as they did. Perhaps you could have emailed me to keep me apprised of what would follow. That would have saved me from the 'shocker'! In your good time please contact Audiogon to clear my unblemished record and to set matters straight! You could request to void the transaction based on buyer's misunderstanding of the terms. That certainly sounds better and more truthful than the misstatement that the buyer had cancelled the order!
Tommy wasted no time to 'make up' for this unfortunate incident and we are now in the process of negotiations. I must say that Tommy has been very prompt (and patient) with the multitude of my questions. Let's see shall we!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #67 on: 20 Sep 2010, 11:07 pm »
We relisted the double-upgraded Cherry jr:
http://cgis.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?ampsmult&1286163971

Sweet amp, especially for the price!

Only 4 days left on the DAC4800A we have on Audiogon:
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?ampsmult&1285384621

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #68 on: 23 Sep 2010, 07:11 pm »
Last auction day for the perfect condition DAC4800A demo (same as Cherry jr internally, $900 start)!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #69 on: 25 Sep 2010, 03:10 am »
Only a few minutes left on a practically new DAC4800A with upgraded output filters ($900 start):

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #70 on: 2 Oct 2010, 05:03 pm »
Only one day left!
Cherry jr --- DOUBLE UPGRADED (same output filters and XLRs as Cherry PLUS):
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?ampsmult&1286163971
« Last Edit: 2 Oct 2010, 06:28 pm by AmpDesigner333 »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #71 on: 3 Oct 2010, 04:29 pm »
Only one day left!

Less than 12 hours left on this auction...

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #72 on: 4 Oct 2010, 03:02 am »
Only one day left!

Less than an hour left...

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #73 on: 12 Oct 2010, 06:46 am »
The double-upgraded Cherry jr we have on Agon has less than a day left:
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?ampsmult&1286941625

This unit had upgraded output filters and XLRs.  It also has a slightly larger transformer (900W) than the standard Cherry jr.  It was built special for a customer that wound up with a PLUS, and we thought the unit was sold after the last auction ended, but that customer bought a DAC4800A instead.

The starting auction price is $1850.  If you are interested but don't want to spend so much, we can switch out the transformer for the standard type and reduce the price.  Send an email to support@DigitalAmp.com if that interests you.  Help us find a good home for this fine amp!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #74 on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:45 pm »
The double-upgraded Cherry jr we have on Agon has less than a day left:
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?ampsmult&1286941625

This unit had upgraded output filters and XLRs.  It also has a slightly larger transformer (900W) than the standard Cherry jr.  It was built special for a customer that wound up with a PLUS, and we thought the unit was sold after the last auction ended, but that customer bought a DAC4800A instead.

The starting auction price is $1850.  If you are interested but don't want to spend so much, we can switch out the transformer for the standard type and reduce the price.  Send an email to support@DigitalAmp.com if that interests you.  Help us find a good home for this fine amp!

ONLY A FEW HOURS LEFT!!!

Mariusz

« Reply #75 on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:53 pm »
Do you take trade ins Tommy?
Curious?

Mariusz :thumb:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #76 on: 13 Oct 2010, 02:47 am »
Do you take trade ins Tommy?
Curious?

Mariusz :thumb:

Sorry, but no.  We have done a good job puttng other amps on the "to sell" list.  This is a huge deal because this particular amp would go for at least $2700 with the upgrades!

ONE HOUR LEFT!!!

Mariusz

« Reply #77 on: 13 Oct 2010, 04:06 am »
Sorry, but no.  We have done a good job puttng other amps on the "to sell" list.  This is a huge deal because this particular amp would go for at least $2700 with the upgrades!

ONE HOUR LEFT!!!

fair enough :thumb:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #78 on: 5 Nov 2010, 03:09 pm »
We're planning to put up the Cherry jr that was used in the Affordable Audio review earlier this year, on Agon.  However, if anybody would like to get this particular amp without going through the auction, email me at Support@DigitalAmp.com.  Thanks.

-Tommy

Delacroix

« Reply #79 on: 7 Nov 2010, 12:33 am »
As the reviewer of that exact amp, you can learn exactly what I thought of it by reading the review. At list price it was a good deal, if you can get a better price, you'd be in the terrain of a real bargain.