I'm out of town right now.

Danny Richie

I'm out of town right now.
« on: 7 Jul 2015, 12:31 am »
I'll be back Wed. I am in Irvine, CA looking at some planar magnetic drivers. New things coming, yeah could be.... :thumb:

JakeJ

Re: I'm out of town right now.
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jul 2015, 12:36 am »
Possible replacement for the Neos?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2015, 12:40 am »
Enjoy the weather!  :thumb:

Hope the new drivers work out.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2015, 12:46 am »
Excellent news. Hope it works out well

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jul 2015, 01:50 am »
Hope it works out!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 7 Jul 2015, 04:22 am »
Waiting with bated breath...

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jul 2015, 12:53 pm »
Hmmm...I wonder if the new owner of B-G is upgrading the drivers...hmmm...

nickd

« Reply #7 on: 8 Jul 2015, 03:04 pm »
I think the B-G drivers are going to be coming from Riverside if they can pull it together. Irvine is home to expensive real estate and high tech companies.

Perhaps the folks that were making the muRata ES103A super tweeter are getting a visit? :D

I drove by there office in Irvine a few months back and was almost curious enough to stop in and say hello.

Ed VB

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jul 2015, 11:11 pm »
I am thinking MAD in Irvine,CA

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #9 on: 9 Jul 2015, 05:35 pm »
could be - maybe Danny thinks they are better drivers than B-G, OR the new owner of B-G has a business model that does not include individual driver sales.  We'll see.
http://getmad.com/templates/System/details.asp?id=48555&PID=737983

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 9 Jul 2015, 05:48 pm »
could be - maybe Danny thinks they are better drivers than B-G, OR the new owner of B-G has a business model that does not include individual driver sales.  We'll see.
http://getmad.com/templates/System/details.asp?id=48555&PID=737983

They make the highest quality best made planar magnetic drivers that I have ever seen. And I could not ask for better people to work with. Lots of new and exciting things are coming for sure.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 9 Jul 2015, 08:03 pm »
They make the highest quality best made planar magnetic drivers that I have ever seen. And I could not ask for better people to work with. Lots of new and exciting things are coming for sure.

Will these be a direct replacement for the Neo3 PDR's or will all Neo3 models need to be redesigned, scrapped, replaced or what?

gab

« Reply #12 on: 9 Jul 2015, 09:51 pm »
Will these be a direct replacement for the Neo3 PDR's or will all Neo3 models need to be redesigned, scrapped, replaced or what?

I'm guessing complete custom driver designs exclusively for Danny. From their webpage:

HPV Technologies is a Solutions-Based company that can help your design team.  To help you in finding a solution our Applications Group provides a no-charge design service to help identify which MAD System might be right for your application.  And if we don't have an existing system that fits your needs...then we can design one for you! 8)

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 9 Jul 2015, 11:00 pm »
I'm guessing complete custom driver designs exclusively for Danny. From their webpage:

HPV Technologies is a Solutions-Based company that can help your design team.  To help you in finding a solution our Applications Group provides a no-charge design service to help identify which MAD System might be right for your application.  And if we don't have an existing system that fits your needs...then we can design one for you! 8)

Which leads back to my question. According to what I saw on their webpage, their standard driver is 6" wide x 9" tall.

With these dimensions, even if the drivers were direct sonic replacements for the Neo3's (which I doubt) they would not physically fit the Neo3's 4.3" diameter opening in the N and OB series speakers nor would they fit in the Wedgie.

On a selfish note, I'm wondering if I need to hang on to some of the Neo3 PDR's I have as backups in case my Wedgies or N3TL's have driver problems down the road  :dunno:

Danny Richie

« Reply #14 on: 10 Jul 2015, 03:16 pm »
Which leads back to my question. According to what I saw on their webpage, their standard driver is 6" wide x 9" tall.

With these dimensions, even if the drivers were direct sonic replacements for the Neo3's (which I doubt) they would not physically fit the Neo3's 4.3" diameter opening in the N and OB series speakers nor would they fit in the Wedgie.

On a selfish note, I'm wondering if I need to hang on to some of the Neo3 PDR's I have as backups in case my Wedgies or N3TL's have driver problems down the road  :dunno:

They have drivers that are not on their web page.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #15 on: 10 Jul 2015, 05:45 pm »
Excellent news Danny.

nickd

« Reply #16 on: 10 Jul 2015, 09:09 pm »
Excellent news Danny.
+1 :thumb:

studiotech

« Reply #17 on: 10 Jul 2015, 10:19 pm »

Danny, I've been talking to them too, but my projected numbers are maybe too small for them care about me.  Here's to hoping #1, the drivers perform well(which I expect they do given their design criteria) and #2 at least you can work out a deal to resell them to DIY and smaller OEM folks like me.  PM or give a call if you have anything interesting since last we spoke about Christie.  407-234-7379

Greg Begland

PS.  I've heard through a friend of Igor's that he thinks there may be something worked out for BG drivers too.  Heard anything about that?

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 10 Jul 2015, 11:14 pm »
PS.  I've heard through a friend of Igor's that he thinks there may be something worked out for BG drivers too.  Heard anything about that?

I just spoke with Igor. I have nothing of any value to share about that.

KLH007

« Reply #19 on: 18 Jul 2015, 03:30 pm »
Danny, Can you give us any details/hints about the results of your visit?