Stands for ACI Sapphire XL speakers wanted

crazytasty

Stands for ACI Sapphire XL speakers wanted
« on: 27 Mar 2011, 05:21 am »
Hello everybody, my Sapphires are in the mail and I am very excited to get them. I was wondering if anybody had any stands they wanted to sell. Also, are there any other stands that would work? However, if I can't get dedicated sapphire stands I'll probably just use my coffee table.

Thanks!
Charlie

Joe_K

Re: Stands for ACI Sapphire XL speakers wanted
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2011, 04:56 pm »
Hi Charlie,

I wonder if Sound Anchors will build you a pair? They made the original stands. If not they have some similar stands w/o the metal plate on top?
http://www.soundanchors.com/speaker%20stand%203%20post.html
Good stands do make a difference!

Joe

F-100

« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2011, 07:23 pm »
If you're in Southern California, I have a pair of Osiris speaker stand for sale.

crazytasty

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2011, 05:33 am »
I think I am just going to buy some short 20 dollar stands off of craigslist and put them on a table and use them, maybe the stands do make a difference, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on them. I live in Seattle.

Thanks for your insight though.

Charlie

TONEPUB

« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2011, 06:35 am »
I've got a pair...  $400 bucks, I think I paid $650 for them.  Located here in Portland.  PM me if interested.  Best stands going for those speakers and it will transform the sound.  Guaranteed they will sound like crap on your coffee table.  No bass and no imaging.

crazytasty

« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2011, 07:10 am »
Sorry, there is no way I can pay 400 dollars, also, on ACI's archived website it says that the price was 500, 450 if you bought the speakers. Somebody in Seattle recently offered me 1000 dollars for the speakers and the stands, but I ended up buying the speakers in San Diego for much less, at 875. If you price your stands at 125 I'd be an automatic yes, I might think about them at 200. But not 400.

What do you think about putting stands on the coffee table? Like 10 inch stands or something? I can get really solid 10 inch stands, maybe higher, for around 20 bucks used up at craigslist in Seattle.

srb

« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2011, 07:43 am »
I'm a little confused.  It sounds like you live in Seattle ("I can get really solid 10 inch stands, maybe higher, for around 20 bucks used up at craigslist in Seattle.")

You said "Somebody in Seattle recently offered me 1000 dollars for the speakers and the stands, but I ended up buying the speakers in San Diego for much less, at 875".

Are you saying that someone in Seattle offered to sell you the speakers and stands (the Sound Anchor stands?) for $1000, but you instead bought the speakers without stands in San Diego for only $125 less?

Steve

crazytasty

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2011, 07:00 pm »
Yeah, somebody offered them to me in Seattle but he changed his mind about selling them so I bought some speakers without the stands in San Diego for 875. I live in Seattle.

srb

« Reply #8 on: 31 Mar 2011, 08:26 pm »
Understood.  While USA made stands like the Sound Anchors are very nice, they are not inexpensive.  A few lower-cost imported alternatives you could look at:

Pangea Audio DS03 Heavy Duty Speaker Stand (24" or 28")
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGDS03%20%20%20%2024

Dayton SSMB24 24" Speaker Stand
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=240-750

Sanus SF26B 26" Speaker Stand
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=240-802&scqty=1

I think stands similar to these would be preferable to a small stand on top of a table.

Steve

crazytasty

« Reply #9 on: 31 Mar 2011, 08:34 pm »
I've talked to the guy in San Diego and he is thinking about giving me the stands for about 150 dollars or so, maybe 200 with shipping. So I may decide to go that direction. However, if the guy in Portland wants to sell his for 150 I will take them so I can avoid shipping charges (my uncle lives down there).

kimchee411

« Reply #10 on: 7 Apr 2011, 11:31 pm »
$200 shipped is a great deal.  I kept my stands when I sold the speakers and they do exceptionally well with my Usher BE-718s.  I also have the Sanus stands -- while they do a fine job, the Sound Anchors are much better.

crazytasty

« Reply #11 on: 8 Apr 2011, 12:09 am »
I've decided not to get them, I ended up getting these: http://www.amazon.com/OnStage-SMS6000-Adjustable-Studio-Monitor/dp/B000CD3QYM

It's just my room, maybe the Sound Anchors would make a difference but I don't think it's worth the money at this point, the acoustics just aren't that good, this isn't a big home theater room, this is by bedroom with windows and shelves and metal boxes everywhere. Still, I have them on a coffee table right now and they sound amazing, and I'm sure they will sound even better with these stands.