SqueezBox and BDP-2

ebogda01

SqueezBox and BDP-2
« on: 30 Mar 2015, 02:56 pm »
Hi guys!
Did anybody managed to make squeezebox work on BDP-2? If so, could you please share step-by-step instructions for dummies? I'm running S2.10 2015-03-02 on BDP and MPD version 0.18.21. Also tried the 0.17.6 with the same result.

The control method I'm trying to use is iPad version of the Squeezebox. When I switch on the squeezslave mode on BDP in the Services menu it turns on for a minute or so, but the Squeezebox app does not see the BDP - all the time I get the following message: "your player was not found. Make sure that your player is plugged in and available on the network". Rebooting/ simultaneous search did not provide any better results :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for your advice!

ebogda01

Re: SqueezBox and BDP-2
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2015, 02:58 pm »
ah, and that's the message that BDP displays (in MPD)
Logitech Squeezebox Renderer
Beta: reliability may vary
eth0 is up (23149/21737) 1
Ready

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2015, 04:18 pm »
You need to have a squeezebox server running on a computer on the same network as the BDP and your controller

ebogda01

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2015, 07:39 pm »
I do have it.  :D Any settings that I need to change from default after installation?

ebogda01

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2015, 07:51 pm »
Now I have the solution for those interested :thumb: Step by step, for people like me :lol: :green:
1) Open mysqueezbox.com . Under "My media" download "Logitech Media Server" by pushing the respective button in the lower left side of your screen
2) Run the installation. I agreed to all the standard settings
3) Download and install Squeesbox app for your tablet
3) Enter your account id (email) and password on both devices (meaning - computer and tablet)
4) When both devices are running the application - the computer should be running Logitech Media Server (my address line shows this - localhost:9000/), I-pad showed black screen saying no player found.
5) Go to MPD and enable Squeezslave
6) Quickly :lol: :green: P{us the refresh button on you tablet
7) Voila  :thumb:   

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2015, 08:16 pm »
Now I have the solution for those interested :thumb: Step by step, for people like me :lol: :green:
1) Open mysqueezbox.com . Under "My media" download "Logitech Media Server" by pushing the respective button in the lower left side of your screen
2) Run the installation. I agreed to all the standard settings
3) Download and install Squeesbox app for your tablet
3) Enter your account id (email) and password on both devices (meaning - computer and tablet)
4) When both devices are running the application - the computer should be running Logitech Media Server (my address line shows this - localhost:9000/), I-pad showed black screen saying no player found.
5) Go to MPD and enable Squeezslave
6) Quickly :lol: :green: P{us the refresh button on you tablet
7) Voila  :thumb:

Thanks  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

james