Multi room audio for a professional office

Doublej

Multi room audio for a professional office
« on: 30 Mar 2015, 11:31 am »
How would you outfit a 10 room office with audio in each room? Sonos looks like it might work. I don't know if can support 10 rooms and I would prefer ceiling or wall mounted speakers.

Ideas?

srb

Re: Multi room audio for a professional office
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2015, 03:11 pm »
Sweet Deals is for individual members to post links to sites and stores that are offering great deals on audio and home theater equipment, as well a related items. Related items include car and portable A/V, room treatments, audio/HT furniture, etc.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2015, 03:39 pm »
DoublJ,

Take a gander at this link for 12 channel amps. Eight channel amps are available as well, but I didn't see anything for 10 channels. The link is just for amps, so you'll still need to find some sort of preamp.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=12-channel+amplifier&tag=googhydr-20&index=electronics&hvadid=64636207764&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14869849562415215114&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8wnyiwnpbq_b

I suspect going the Sonos route would cost more than this way.

BOL

Michael

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2015, 05:00 pm »
Sorry, I posted it in the wrong place. I meant to post in the Discless Circle but sometimes when I log in AudioCircle sends me to a different page than where I logged in from...

Moderator please move to a more appropriate place.

Thanks.

electricbear

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2015, 06:59 pm »
If you only need one source you could use a Sonos Connect feeding a good 2 channel distribution amp like a Niles. Run the output of the amp thru a Niles SMS10 and then out to your speakers of choice. You could even put individual volume controls in each room if you wanted.

electricbear

« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2015, 07:01 pm »
If you want to be able to play a different source in each room then use 10 Sonos Connect Amps and run each to your speakers of choice. You can also add a volume control locally if desired.

tvyankee

« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2015, 07:49 pm »
This will do. Buy 2 and you will be fine. Then hook up any source to any input and jam on. Also if you do some research there is a guy who is making a app for phones to control it. If you do a little leg  work you will have a sweet system on the cheap. BTW I heard one no bad at all for the price.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10918&cs_id=1091801&p_id=10761&seq=1&format=2

Good luck