MM S2.10

Marius

Re: MM S2.10
« Reply #40 on: 26 Feb 2015, 12:57 pm »
Hey Chris!

;-)
thanks for enabling Root again in MM beta. /mnt/img is still locked though... can we unlock those with a ssh command, or do you have to change code for that?

Thanks,
Marius

its clearly burn in from your monitor  :lol:

on a serious note, i have noticed that, i just keep forgetting about it.  There's a similar issue with the library view on the right that pop's up occasionally.

I'll try to remember to fix it some point this week.

vonnie123

« Reply #41 on: 2 Mar 2015, 06:19 am »
Is an error message generated on the dashboard?

seems OK now.  was out of commission for a few days troubleshooting the wi-fi.  changed out my router with a higher quality one, switched up my connection to ethernet over power, and haven't had any further issues.

fingers crossed

ttsto

« Reply #42 on: 4 Mar 2015, 06:39 pm »
Just installed new firmware via standard update procedure
After reboot interface displays "MPD configuration doesnt contain audio device", however system plays Ok
What does not work: reporting tracks to Last.FM via scrobbler

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #43 on: 5 Mar 2015, 02:09 am »
After reboot interface displays "MPD configuration doesnt contain audio device", however system plays Ok

Must have forgotten to reinstall the scrobbler.  Does the message about the audio device still appear?  Is your audio device listed under audio devices?

Cheers
Chris

ttsto

« Reply #44 on: 5 Mar 2015, 06:04 pm »
Hi

Today the message disappeared (after shooting down BDP-1 over night); now it displays "New firmware available" even if I have installed latest firmware

Audio devices are following (I do not have USB DAC, I use AES output):

Checked again today, scrobbler does not work

Personal request, can you add also support for setting ReplayGain to track/album/auto/none or provide a hint for a start up script that can do this?

Thank you!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #45 on: 6 Mar 2015, 01:59 am »

You may see that error message upon first starting or restarting the BDP, but should go away shortly after MPD has started (see manual regarding when MPD has started).  Please remember the messages on the dashboard won't go away automatically and you'll need to refresh the page to check if the messages have gone away. You may get similair messages regarding your NAS as t may take a few minutes to connect.

Cheers
Chris

ttsto

« Reply #46 on: 12 Mar 2015, 06:58 pm »
Hi Chris. When you expect to bring back last.fm scrobbler?

ttsto

« Reply #47 on: 15 Mar 2015, 08:50 am »
With this firmware I experience several times BDP-1 freezing while playing a large playlist (900 songs) after approx 30 minutes. Can't be accessed via web interface or other MPD clients. When this happens displays letter N.
This did not happened with 2.06 which was very stable, I could leave BDP on long time, play for full day, no problems
Is it possible to revert from 2.10 to previous 2.06 firmware?
Service ID: 54

Marius

« Reply #48 on: 19 Mar 2015, 01:56 pm »
HI Chris,

Cant connect the finder anymore to my usb drives on the BDP1, this it what happens:

Any suggestions please ?

Marius

Marius

« Reply #49 on: 25 Mar 2015, 10:10 am »
HI chris,

Please have a look at this?

Still there with version S2.11 2015-03-24. Mac finder shows a Homedirectory, where it previously showed the attached usb drives and Root. Need those for transferring files....

btw, the News on Settings/System

still shows an empty page, both on Safari and Chrome.

Cheers,
Marius

HI Chris,

Cant connect the finder anymore to my usb drives on the BDP1, this it what happens:

Any suggestions please ?

Marius

ttsto

« Reply #50 on: 29 Mar 2015, 06:08 pm »
Hi
Running S2.10 2015.03.02 and would like to upgrade to S2.11 2015.03.24 it order to get scrobbler back
I used this link:
http://bryston-bdp-1.local/bryston/settings/update-firmware.php#beta
After 100% download of firmware I get this:

Downloading firmware filesystem
undefined% @undefined
Downloading boot drivers
100% @629
Downloading vmlinuz image

Running Filesystem Check: 1482e745c292bce1ff71288f2af95d22 /lib/live/mount/medium/live/filesystem.new
:1482e745c292bce1ff71288f2af95d22Filesys tem MD5 Passed
Running Micro Kernel Check CF: Micro Kernel Check Failed CF: md5 values different
Should Be:
Calculated: 442d7dd
You should try reinstalling this version of the firmware and try again
\

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #51 on: 30 Mar 2015, 04:30 pm »
HI chris,

Please have a look at this?

Still there with version S2.11 2015-03-24. Mac finder shows a Homedirectory, where it previously showed the attached usb drives and Root. Need those for transferring files....

btw, the News on Settings/System

still shows an empty page, both on Safari and Chrome.

Cheers,
Marius

have you tried the connect to option found under the go menu?

Marius

« Reply #52 on: 30 Mar 2015, 04:51 pm »
Yes I have and that works most of the time . Still the newly found 'home directory' in Finder is of no use and I deerly miss the Bdp in Finder as before.

Marius
have you tried the connect to option found under the go menu?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #53 on: 30 Mar 2015, 09:21 pm »
Yes I have and that works most of the time . Still the newly found 'home directory' in Finder is of no use and I deerly miss the Bdp in Finder as before.

Marius
havn't had a chance to test it yet, but i think that due to the new apple talk daemon installed to restore AFP client support.  Should be resolved in the next update

ttsto

« Reply #54 on: 31 Mar 2015, 05:08 pm »
Thank you for fixing the beta download. Today I managed to install S2.11 and scrobbler works fine.

Marius

« Reply #55 on: 1 Apr 2015, 10:40 am »
HI Chris,

The strangest thing: in MM the individual tracks of this recording are not displayed in the file-list to the right, the non music files are (in red). The files are there in Mpod, and also available through the front panel. Ive selected the top folder and pressed play in this case. See the playlist being populated.

Never had this before in any recording. what could be done?

Thanks,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #56 on: 1 Apr 2015, 11:03 am »
HI Chris,

The strangest thing: in MM the individual tracks of this recording not displayed in the file-list to the right, the non music files are (in red). The files are there in Mpod, and also available through the front panel. Ive selected the top folder and pressed play in this case. See the playlist being populated.

Thanks,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #57 on: 1 Apr 2015, 11:48 pm »
sucessfully loaded MM2.10 on the BDP-1 but having trouble updated artist view DB.  gets to about 60% and locks up, creating music dropouts.  Partitioned 500 GB HDD, with about 10000 tracks.

Similar result without tracks selected or playing.

Have you checked the log to see if it's crashing on the same file?  The log is accessible by clicking the error message that appears on the dashboard.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #58 on: 1 Apr 2015, 11:52 pm »
HI Chris,

The strangest thing: in MM the individual tracks of this recording are not displayed in the file-list to the right, the non music files are (in red). The files are there in Mpod, and also available through the front panel. Ive selected the top folder and pressed play in this case. See the playlist being populated.

Thanks,
Marius

Perhaps something in the path is causing the list content program to crash?  Could check /var/log/apache/error

Looking for errors generated by

/var/www/mpd/library2.php

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #59 on: 2 Apr 2015, 06:50 am »
wish i could.... it only connects to the aforementioned Homedirectory, even through the finder menu 'go/connect to server'..

Perhaps something in the path is causing the list content program to crash?  Could check /var/log/apache/error

Looking for errors generated by

/var/www/mpd/library2.php

Cheers
Chris