It's a beautifull thing...

mixsit

It's a beautifull thing...
« on: 17 Feb 2007, 03:59 am »
..Haven't posted much lately.. Been absolutely loving these things.. In the mean time a cool short one..

The other night we were doing some play-back and over dubs. I'm over across the room on the DAW when I hear (AND FEEL) this shock wave pass through.. You know like that impression 'Airojet General a few miles away just had a little 'accident'.
I stopped playback, thought about it for a sec. Nah. Rewind...
It was a friken P pop on the vocal track.

Did I say I was still getting used to that full bandwidth coherent wave front  thingy?

Hee hee.. :drool: :wave:

Double Ugly

Re: It's a beautifull thing...
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2007, 04:43 am »
I know you're happy with 'em in their present form (I know, 'cause I've been there, done that), but did you notice this?

Big improvements have been made since your purchase, and when Karsten and Bob finish picking out the rest of the crossover components over the next week or two, I believe the latest (last?) iteration of the Millennial Reference Series will better earlier models by a shocking margin, especially the 4 ohm models.

Sounds tailor-made for a guy like you...  :wink:

mixsit

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2007, 05:12 am »
Yes. It's still sinking in. :P

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2007, 04:30 am »
Wayne,

Thanks for dropping in.  Glad to hear you've...
Been absolutely loving these things..
All the more soo seeing that you're using the Continuum A.D.s professionally.  Better mixes means better music for all of us.  :thumb:
I'm over across the room on the DAW when I hear (AND FEEL) this shock wave pass through..

Pretty freaky -  huh? :o  Most folks never get to hear that effect from a set of typical speakers.  Once you do though, there ain't no going back.  I hope you jump on board for the Mundorf crossover upgrade.  I got a feel'n you ain't heard noth'n yet! aa

Have fun and...

Take care,
-Bob

Christof

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2007, 02:19 pm »
Pretty freaky -  huh?   Most folks never get to hear that effect from a set of typical speakers.  Once you do though, there ain't no going back.  I hope you jump on board for the Mundorf crossover upgrade.  I got a feel'n you ain't heard noth'n yet!

Wayne brings up a pretty good point here about the SP speakers.  I found that the Revelations (Continuum on a modified base?) did not so much sound different than other speakers I've listened to but they felt different.  It was the "feeling" that my body and ears experienced, as a whole, that created such a realistic, 3-dimensional experience which to me translated into a "different" sound.  Like Sonny Liston probably said of Ali, one of the biggest mistakes I've made was to let my ears and body experience those damn Revelations :evil:  Now I'm counting pennies knowing that the day will come....

Double Ugly

« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2007, 03:50 pm »
...one of the biggest mistakes I've made was to let my ears and body experience those damn Revelations

I know where you're coming from, Chris, though to me it was also the difference in the sound that caught and kept my attention.  They're the only speaker to ever startle me, and I mean that in the best possible way.

I still think about 'em, and it's been over 2 years since I heard them.   :o

I'm getting too old for this crap.  I guess I'm gonna have Bob begin working on something for me pretty soon, 'cause as good as the Timepieces are (and they're really good now), I can't get the sound of the Revelations out of my noggin'.