NwAvGuy: ODAC Released

gab

Re: NwAvGuy: ODAC Released
« Reply #120 on: 25 Sep 2012, 05:53 pm »
I'll be using it for 2ch as well.  I have a Metric Halo LIO-8 currently so I'm curious....

So JT - how does the ODAC compare to the LIO-8?

gab

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #121 on: 26 Sep 2012, 01:03 am »
So JT - how does the ODAC compare to the LIO-8?

gab
That's a tough question.  I'll say that if I had nothing to compare it to I could be very happy.  It's a very impressive unit given it's cost.  I don't think subjectively it sounds better then the LIO but it's probably better then most.  Again, for $150 this is an absolute bargain. 

gab

« Reply #122 on: 26 Sep 2012, 05:15 pm »
That's a tough question.  I'll say that if I had nothing to compare it to I could be very happy.  It's a very impressive unit given it's cost.  I don't think subjectively it sounds better then the LIO but it's probably better then most.  Again, for $150 this is an absolute bargain.

Thanks Jason. I think I'll order one to compare to (and maybe replace) my Emotiva XDA-1. Anyone heard both (ODAC & XDA-1) and care to comment on the differences?

gab

ketchup

« Reply #123 on: 9 Oct 2012, 01:47 am »
I'm thinking about getting an ODAC for use in the car with my Samsung Galaxy S III as the source.  I don't want the phone to power the DAC, so I was thinking about using a 5V car charger to power the DAC.  I will splice the 5V car charger into pins 1 (+) and 5 (-) of the USB cable.  Will this work?  Will it also charge the phone?  Does it matter if I use an OTG (on the go) cable or not?  OTG cables have pins 4 and 5 shorted at (I believe) the phone end of the cable.