NFL Football '16-17

bummrush

Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #160 on: 7 Nov 2016, 03:29 pm »
As for Vikes.  Now that's the team i like. Hey i think I'll  stand two feet away while you somersault into end zone for a score. Zeez.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #161 on: 7 Nov 2016, 03:43 pm »
I wish I could share your optimism on the Giants.

Eli continues to pull a Jekyll and Hyde act, and until he gets more consistent, the Gmen are going nowhere.

George
Cowboy fans talk of Good Eli and Bad Eli.  When he is on, he is in the top 5, and when he's bad he looks like a rattled rookie.  I'd say he's good more than half the time, so I'd not be surprised to see the Giants at 9-7 or 10-6.  No one is catching the Cowboys this year in the east. 

fredgarvin

« Reply #162 on: 7 Nov 2016, 05:12 pm »
The eagles are at 4-4, right where they were last season, the Redskins are looking on the improve, but I'll be surprised if any of them get a wild card. At this point.

Detroit just keeps that last minute magic going.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #163 on: 7 Nov 2016, 05:14 pm »
A growing number of wet dreamers out there are starting to foam at the mouth over a Cowboys-Raiders Super Bowl. It's a realistic possibility, of course, assuming Brady gets suspended again before the playoffs. Otherwise, I will stand by my assertion that those things are nearly impossible to predict. That's why they have to play the actual games. No one has come up with a better pathway to profits. I think it has become safe to say that the two teams who competed for the big prize last year will be watching from their armchairs this go round. Beyond that --- we're gonna keep you guessing.
The Cowboys do have the best backup QB in the league and the NFC seems to be lame across the board this year so I like their chances. History, both from the long view and from the glare of present success, favors the Patriots to win another Trophy. Of course, it's never too late or too inappropriate for Roger Goodell to abuse his power in handicapping New England with an invented controversy. Maybe Gronkowski's emails will come under suspicion.
If none of that happens, then I think Atlanta plays N.E. in the Super Bowl and loses. Who do you see playing/ winning the biggest game?

S Clark

« Reply #164 on: 7 Nov 2016, 05:19 pm »
N.E. is close to a lock.  The NFC looks like a toss up between Dallas and Atlanta. 
The Pats are the favorite over either. 

fredgarvin

« Reply #165 on: 7 Nov 2016, 05:30 pm »
I sure wouldn't count Seattle out. They already beat Atlanta and Wilson is healing. The NFL once again apologized to Seattle for blowing some calls in the NO game. Sherman says they lead the league in NFL apologies.  :D
Dallas looks like a lock for the playoffs. I think those 3 are the top contenders.

NE looks like a lock as well.

randytsuch

« Reply #166 on: 7 Nov 2016, 06:06 pm »
Raiders have a small outside chance, but very small.  They should finally make the playoffs, and may be someone to contend with next year.
But for the AFC, unless there are injury problems, Pats look like a lock right now.

NFC, I think the Boys will be hard to beat, but of course as Fred pointed out, don't count out Seattle if Wilson gets healthy and can start running again.  Atlanta will be there too, but I don't see them in the Super Bowl.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #167 on: 7 Nov 2016, 08:06 pm »
This is some kettle of fish, eh? We're right about halfway through the season and our consensus says 28 teams have been eliminated. That's the math if we only see 4 possibilities in the hunt at this point and one of them (Seattle) is very iffy. At this rate we should be seeing the trophy handed over before Christmas.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #168 on: 7 Nov 2016, 08:50 pm »
It ain't over 'til the Pro Bowl is over, Tom!    :lol:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #169 on: 7 Nov 2016, 09:00 pm »
That presents a problem because I am way over the Pro Bowl. Hey maybe that's why this season sucks --- nearly every game is like the freakin Pro Bowl.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #170 on: 7 Nov 2016, 09:08 pm »
Ya think?

I haven't watched a game yet!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #171 on: 7 Nov 2016, 09:15 pm »
Ya think?

I haven't watched a game yet!
Good for you. Why start now? The amount of interest this thread has drawn compared to past seasons and the fact that TV ratings are down 13% both suggest that your time is better spent alphabetizing the paint cans in your garage.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #172 on: 7 Nov 2016, 09:22 pm »
Did that.  Now sorting my T-shirts by alphabetical order.

S Clark

« Reply #173 on: 7 Nov 2016, 10:06 pm »
... The amount of interest this thread has drawn compared to past seasons and the fact that TV ratings are down 13% both suggest that your time is better spent alphabetizing the paint cans in your garage.
I've mostly stayed away from here this year.  Too much negativity between fans of certain franchises. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #174 on: 7 Nov 2016, 10:10 pm »
Did that.  Now sorting my T-shirts by alphabetical order.

All of them? From ANAL to ZESTY --- all 6 drawers? Go, BOB!!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #175 on: 7 Nov 2016, 10:56 pm »
My sock drawer is a mess but I'm pretty sure the Jets won't get the trophy this year.
Again.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #176 on: 8 Nov 2016, 12:13 am »
Pretty crappy weekend for me with both Steelers and Eagles losing.  The Eagles are just a mess with both rookie coach and rookie quarterback making fatal mistakes.  Yet they would have won had one or the other not made the mistakes, kick two field goals and win, or don't throw two interceptions right off and win.  Woulda, shoulda, coulda.  The Giants weren't all that good, okay, but not good.

As for the Steelers, Ben always comes back too soon and loses.  Tomlin doesn't dare not play him if he wants to go.  They'll be okay in a couple of weeks, but they may not have that much time to turn it around.

S Clark

« Reply #177 on: 14 Nov 2016, 01:29 am »
What a game between Pitt and Dallas!  Big Ben has 3 TD's and over 400 yards passing, and he still isn't the best player in the game.  7 lead changes.  wow.

fredgarvin

« Reply #178 on: 15 Nov 2016, 09:19 pm »
What a game between Pitt and Dallas!  Big Ben has 3 TD's and over 400 yards passing, and he still isn't the best player in the game.  7 lead changes.  wow.

Great game as well as Seattle beating NE on the road. KC is becoming more interesting evrry week. The whole division really.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #179 on: 15 Nov 2016, 10:12 pm »
This was the best weekend of football this year!!

Lots of compelling and exciting games and it finished with a win by the Giants. 

While the Gmen still have lots of flaws, at least they are 6-3 and solidly in the playoff picture with games against Cleveland and Chicago the next two weeks.  Can't afford any stumbles with the way Dallas keeps playing.

George