Plasma Cover with Sonex foam?

Mightyburner

Re: Plasma Cover with Sonex foam?
« Reply #20 on: 4 Jun 2007, 06:13 pm »

this is cover i am doing for my flat TV:   [=burlap front, a=poly batts, b= FB panel, c= foam core, ]= burlap to close the sleeve, _______ = top hinge part & sides, ]= back piece of burlap
       ____
[abc]       ]

This is pretty much what I had in mind but I don't understand the "top hinge part & sides".    Are you referring to the "fitted" portion of the cover?  I was initially thinking about something elastic like.  Sort of like a rectangular shower cap with an acoustical insert in the front.

Mightyburner

« Reply #21 on: 4 Jun 2007, 06:14 pm »
I remembered Phil used some RPG type to cover his Plasma.

Unfortunately that won't work for me since my plasma is wall mounted.

1000a

« Reply #22 on: 4 Jun 2007, 07:11 pm »

this is cover i am doing for my flat TV:   [=burlap front, a=poly batts, b= FB panel, c= foam core, ]= burlap to close the sleeve, _______ = top hinge part & sides, ]= back piece of burlap
       ____
[abc]       ]

This is pretty much what I had in mind but I don't understand the "top hinge part & sides".    Are you referring to the "fitted" portion of the cover?  I was initially thinking about something elastic like.  Sort of like a rectangular shower cap with an acoustical insert in the front.

OK sleeve is understood, now +++++ = burlap material not shown in my post, the whole object is basicly a tall 6 sided soft burlap rectangular box - with no bottom side, making it 5 sided.                                                                                                                    

I+++++I  side view,   I+++++I   top view