Opinions wanted on new media streamer and DAC

Jpktenere

Opinions wanted on new media streamer and DAC
« on: 29 Sep 2016, 09:36 pm »
So I am in the midst of a of a upgrade and looking for some opinions from the interweb audio community.. So my current setup is a laptop to a emotiva DC-1DAC streaming tidal and flacs off of a thumb drive.. The upgrade I am going with currently is the BDP-pie and BDA-2 DAC these two items fall in my budget at the moment. I am thinking this is the best combo for my money? The other way I could go is BDP-2 and BDA-1.. BDA-1 from the used market probably save a little dough this way.. There is an other option the pie and the BDA-1 maybe have saved enough to get the bryston phono stage in the near future.....decisions... What dose the interwebs think?

zoom25

Re: Opinions wanted on new media streamer and DAC
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2016, 10:00 pm »
Definitely upgrade the DC-1. My Emotiva DC-1 doesn't really respond to better transports like the BDP-1, such as my other DACs. What about getting a used BDP-1 and BDA-2?

I know the BDP-pi is supposed to be faster than BDP-1 and BDP-1 USB, but in terms of sound without having a linear power supply built in and all that other stuff...I could be wrong here, but that's my thinking. If I get another BDP for a system, it will either be another BDP-1, or the BDP-2...I don't see the use for BDP-pi, unless convenience is the most important.

mrhyfy

« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2016, 10:00 pm »
You'll need a preamp to control the volume.

Jpktenere

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2016, 10:17 pm »
Hmm I was under the impression that the pie was the replacement for the bdp-1? I was also thinking that the DAC would be better to get on the used market than the server but mane I am wrong in that thinking...Ha know I have more to consider!

I have an AudioControl M9 for a prepro