The problem with you Steve is you fiddle with your amp tone response
so you're at a loss now,how can you hifi your speaker
you obviously don't want flat response
there is no answer to that
WTF.....  :scratch:

Steve

Re: Adjusting speakers question.
« Reply #41 on: 11 Apr 2017, 02:00 pm »
It's a new day, I slept well and now back to contribute: http://www.linkwitzlab.com/Ping_tests/room_reflections.htm
Notice all the glass. Are we to expect a great listening room?   

Cheers
Steve

sledwards

« Reply #42 on: 11 Apr 2017, 03:13 pm »
"A great listening room?", well that certainly is difficult to provide an answer to when you consider the differences in system topologies between yours and SL's. I assume, and please correct me if I am wrong, that your test speakers are not 3-way open baffle with active crossovers? That in itself makes any rational discussion about a given room setup/speaker position a mute point IMO. Maybe we just don't go down this path?

Regards,

Steve

Steve

« Reply #43 on: 11 Apr 2017, 04:54 pm »
"A great listening room?", well that certainly is difficult to provide an answer to when you consider the differences in system topologies between yours and SL's. I assume, and please correct me if I am wrong, that your test speakers are not 3-way open baffle with active crossovers? That in itself makes any rational discussion about a given room setup/speaker position a mute point IMO. Maybe we just don't go down this path?

Regards,

Steve

Glass is not good for room acoustics and I try to avoid it at all costs if I can Steve. My system includes a two way sealed box with external passive crossover at approximately 150hz, not 2k-5k where the ear is the most sensitive. Positioning is still important for an open baffle system. By the way, my system is not boxy in anyway, they totally, absolutely disappear, is well past transparency. Electronic quality is also extremely important in the system if one is to obtain life like music.

I, personally, would never, ever use an active crossover, unless I were to design the active xover myself. The reason being that an active xover is much more difficult to design for accuracy (in absolute terms) than a preamplifier or amplifier. Simply check the different models and listen to the sonic differences of preamplifiers and amplifiers. If all those companies/engineers cannot design an accurate/natural preamplifier or amplilfier, how can they design an accurate/natural "sounding" active crossover? They can't.

Cheers
Steve
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2017, 03:37 am by Steve »