Audio Research Reference 110 Vacuum Tube Power Amplifier (Sold)

Mercury3

This amp is in very good condition inside and out. No dings or scratches to be found. Clean and dust free. FacePlate is flawless. Amp sounds Incredible.
I recently retubed this amp with all matched tubes from Upscaleaudio. (KT120's and all driver tubes replaced as well) Only 100 to 200 hours on new tubes. Also bought an extra matched pair for spares. Recently added fairly expensive tube dampers for each tube.

Google for the many outstanding reviews of this Power Amp

I have the original box/packaging for safe shipment.

Note - This has been my reference power amp which I have used to judge all others. I had planned to keep it forever. However recently I have a strong urge to try one of the new Pass Labs .8 power amps thus I have to let this one go.

Asking $3975 (if my price is met I'll cover shipping and PayPal fees)

« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2016, 09:12 pm by Mercury3 »

Mercury3

I'll give myself a "bump" on this today as I'm lowering my asking price to: $3575.   I've received a few messages concerning my original asking price was too high.  The reason is because I spent $1000 for a complete re-tube along with nice tube dampers for all the tubes.  I wouldn't have done that other than the fact that I had intended to keep this amp.  I'll have to check the counter but I don't even think I have 100 hours yet on the new tubes.  Bias set to specs at 65mv.

I'm an old Threshold (Nelson Pass) fan from the olden days and could not resist trying one of his new point eight model amps thus the only reason this amp is up for sale.  The Pass Labs amp isn't really any better - just different.

At any rate I think my asking price is a very good deal given that I've also agreed to pick up PayPal along with shipping/insurance anywhere in the 48 states.

Thanks,  Mark