HiRez News

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
Re: HiRez News
« Reply #100 on: 22 Apr 2012, 03:01 pm »
Just checked out eClassical and bought 24bit Stravinsky. Downloaded files and dbPoweramp says their 16 bit. Sent them an email.
Chris H.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #101 on: 22 Apr 2012, 03:08 pm »
Thanks Chris.  Let us know what the outcome is, and whether Robert gets involved personally.  You aren't the first I've heard that happen to, but I've also heard they respond well.  We'll see I guess.

OzarkTom

Re: HiRez News(Antelope Audio to Unveil Rubicon)
« Reply #102 on: 24 Apr 2012, 12:13 pm »
Antelope Audio to Unveil Rubicon – World’s First Atomic AD/DA Preamp. To be shown at the audio show in Munich Germany next month.

http://www.antelopeaudio.com/blog/antelope-audio-to-unveil-rubicon-worlds-first-atomic-adda-preamp/#more-782

Santa Monica, CA, April 19, 2012 – Antelope Audio will introduce Rubicon, a groundbreaking 384 kHz digital audio preamplifier which integrates the world renowned 10M Rubidium atomic clock. Rubicon caters for the ever-increasing interest in high resolution audio, addressing the specific needs of high end consumer electronics enthusiasts for accurate audio representation and detailed soundstage of both analog and digital recordings. The new device will be presented to the public during the Munich High End Show, May 3rd – 6th.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #103 on: 24 Apr 2012, 01:14 pm »
Kevin Gray and the folks at Acoustic Sounds are at it again.  Kevin (partner with Steve Hoffman on all those glorious Analogue Production jazz analog-to-DSD and analog-to-vinyl jazz remasters) is remastering the entire Norah Jones catalog to SACD and vinyl, including her brand new release. 

I happen to really like her first 3 albums a lot, especially the forgotten Feels Like Home, and am very excited to hear them in full native DSD glory.  As many of you know her breakout Come Away With Me debut was botched as an SACD (they used the redbook to transfer!) so that one will have the existing multichannel layer with it too.  The rest will be hybrid stereo (cd/SACD).

http://store.acousticsounds.com/s/339/Norah_Jones_on_Analogue_Productions

OzarkTom

« Reply #104 on: 24 Apr 2012, 02:32 pm »
Fantastic! :thumb:

I love those Norah Jones Cd's.

Phil A

« Reply #105 on: 24 Apr 2012, 04:12 pm »
The limited ed. Norah Jones box set will also have an extra bonus album entitled 'Covers,' of other songwriters (Dylan, Cash, Waits, etc.).  Yes that first album was botched on SACD.  I have the CD and a friend of mine came over with the SACD.

BPT

• Industry Participant
« Reply #106 on: 25 Apr 2012, 11:40 am »
Traded emails with George at eclassical.com and all is well. Not sure why the zip file came down as 16 bit, but it is fixed and the files are full 24 bit. They were very responsive.
Chris H.

wisnon

« Reply #107 on: 25 Apr 2012, 01:39 pm »
I heard that HDTracks is now offering Bob Marley - Legend as 24/192 and 2 tracks at 24/48.

Any opinions on quality?

Alpha10

« Reply #108 on: 25 Apr 2012, 06:01 pm »
I heard that HDTracks is now offering Bob Marley - Legend as 24/192 and 2 tracks at 24/48.

Any opinions on quality?

I tried to order it, but is not available for the UK customer  :evil:

Phil A

« Reply #109 on: 25 Apr 2012, 06:46 pm »
I tried to order it, but is not available for the UK customer  :evil:

I find that kind of perplexing considering that for example anyone can have an AOL or Gmail account and that does not necessarily indicate a particular country of permanent residence (do they ask for it?).  When you get authenticated on AOL for example, their architechture is centralized and you get authenticated as a user in Virginia where there servers are.  Just an observation in that the global economy we are in where anyone can have an account say with Paypal and pay for something and have it linked to a US bank account (even if they reside in the UK) and how does a site determine that they are not going to sell it to someone? 

BPT

• Industry Participant
« Reply #110 on: 3 Sep 2012, 11:30 am »
Downloaded another $8.98 eClassical (Peterson Symphony #6) and was expecting 24 bit at 44100 and to my delight it was 24/96 :thumb:. This is a dark, brooding piece (reminds a little of Britten) and is an excellent recording--highly recommended!
Chris H.

K.F.

« Reply #111 on: 11 Jan 2017, 08:27 pm »
Generous winter sale offers from Sound Liaison and e-Classical; 50% off on DSD and PCM

These two labels sites are well worth a visit this week, very high quality recordings at a spectacular discount.

http://www.soundliaison.com/

http://www.eclassical.com/pages/daily-deal.html?cache=purge

PA

« Reply #112 on: 2 Feb 2017, 07:47 pm »
the only album on offer right now at the Sound Liaison site, is the brand new Bach HD edition by Enghave Barok.
It is a very welcome interpretation of Bach's music, small ensemble who plays with great intensity and the recording has a gorgeous and transparent sound stage.
Highly recommended.

http://www.soundliaison.com/studio-masters/253-bach-live-edition-1
These musicians play straight from the heart, enthusiastic, swinging and in complete agreement with the music.....if this level can be kept on future releases I will be first in line….
...This is a conductor on mission with Bach’s music!......
Review by Bach expert Knud Svendsen in danish organ society magazine

mallikh67

« Reply #113 on: 8 May 2020, 09:19 am »
qobuz.com has some free downloads in hi-res try them