I'm a Star!

BobM

I'm a Star!
« on: 2 Sep 2014, 12:44 pm »
Last year about this time I was contacted by a casting agency to appear as an extra in a film being made in NYC. It was to be shot on a Saturday, so I said "why the hell not".

So here's a picture of me over Emma Stone's left shoulder in the graduation scene of The Amazing Spiderman 2.

« Last Edit: 2 Sep 2014, 06:33 pm by BobM »

sebrof

Re: I'm a Star!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2014, 06:25 pm »
I don't see the pic

srb

« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2014, 07:04 pm »
I don't see the pic

An edit was made to the original post 8 minutes after your post .... but still no photo.  I assume that was an attempt to insert it - it's always a good idea to use the Preview button to confirm success.

Steve

BobM

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2014, 07:59 pm »
Wow, I see it fine. Oh well, I uploaded the pic to the AC gallery. You should be able to see it now.

Emil

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2014, 08:25 pm »

Bob
You may need to get an agent. If other producers see how well you can sit and be quiet, expect the phone to ring off the hook. :lol:

srb

« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2014, 08:31 pm »
Any actor can memorize and recite lines.  But those that can convey meaning with just a look and body language have a leg up on the competition.

Steve

Emil

« Reply #6 on: 2 Sep 2014, 09:07 pm »
Any actor can memorize and recite lines.  But those that can convey meaning with just a look and body language have a leg up on the competition.

Steve

Exactly!   Just look at the way his fingers interlock with each other starting with left thumb over his right. Also notice the slight head tilt to the right. He totally outclasses the other extras in the shot.
 That cannot be taught my friends. Its a gift.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #7 on: 2 Sep 2014, 09:39 pm »
Bob

Are you sure it wasn't the Invisible Man cause I see NOTHIN, NOTHIN, NOTHIN

Charles Xavier

« Reply #8 on: 2 Sep 2014, 09:40 pm »
I see it now. Did you at least get the number to the blonde next to you ?

Where was this filmed ?

BobM

« Reply #9 on: 3 Sep 2014, 12:50 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm putting together a new resume for my next career as a mannequin.

This happened last summer on the east side of downtown Manhattan at a small park with an ampitheater just north of the Manhattan bridge. It was a 90 degree day and I got a wicked sunburn. About 4 hours of filming and 6 hours of waiting. And $100 in pay. Who said movies are lucrative?

What I learned from the experience ...
- there's an awful lot of hanging aroound while the crews get things together between shots
- they will shoot the same scenes over and over again using different camer angles
- a 5-10 minute scene will be cut back to about 30 seconds for the final film
- the setup crews are amazingly thorough and picky about every little detail that just really doesn't matter in the end. Like concern about everyone's shirt color, or hairstyle, or is your beard trimmed and such. All that for someone who is in the blurry background.
- there is one scene during the graduation where they show a close up of Sally field for about 5 seconds. It took 1 1/2 hours to film that because they kept shifting and changing the people sitting around her. Granted, in the film she just stands out from the crowd around her, so I guess they got the right people around her who look good but don't detract from the star.

ajzepp

« Reply #10 on: 6 Sep 2014, 01:23 am »
Impressive, Bob!  :thumb:

I'm just glad you found the time to interact with the little people here at AC!  :lol:

PS. I thought they filmed this in Rochester, NY??

jimdgoulding

« Reply #11 on: 6 Sep 2014, 03:38 am »
Give that man an Oscar.