Isolation Transformer

Housteau

Re: Isolation Transformer
« Reply #20 on: 18 Apr 2014, 05:38 am »
Here is a link with some photos of my current progress.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=119872.msg1321338#msg1321338

BobM

« Reply #21 on: 18 Apr 2014, 01:03 pm »
One question: Who did you implant into the wall ...

(a) the first lousy contractor that walked off the job?
(b) an audiophile friend that insists on listening to Klezmer music?
(c) your brother in law?

Housteau

« Reply #22 on: 18 Apr 2014, 01:57 pm »
Years ago a sculptor acquaintance of mine installed that on the back wall of my old room.  At the time he was very into SiFi themes and most of his work was fully life sized and based on either himself, or his wife.  He had nine of these positioned on the walls for his one art show.  This one was a concept taken from Star Wars when Hans Solo was frozen in carbonite.  His work today is spread around the country and is mostly in bronze :  http://patrickmillersculpture.com/

Mike B.

« Reply #23 on: 18 Apr 2014, 04:28 pm »
Looks like you are a sword collector from the sig photo? If you are, you have a fellow sword collector in  Victor Khomenko, owner/designer Balanced Audio Tech

Housteau

« Reply #24 on: 18 Apr 2014, 05:38 pm »
Hello Victor and nice to meet you.  Yes I am.  Those are some older photos in my gallery and I have come across a few more interesting ones since then.  The one showing the wall collection is a mix of originals, high quality replicas and training weapons.  Now I have around 17 originals with the oldest ones dating to around 1600, give or take.  I have been a practicing swordsman since the late 90s.

Housteau

« Reply #25 on: 18 Apr 2014, 06:00 pm »
The isolation transformer for my dedicated audio circuit.

ericye

« Reply #26 on: 27 Apr 2014, 10:05 pm »
I'm currently using a RGPC substation. Sadly I can't hear much difference with or without the substation....

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #27 on: 18 Nov 2014, 02:22 pm »
The isolation transformer for my dedicated audio circuit.

Sorry to pull up an older thread, but I'm curious about how the power isolation and conditioning is working out in your room as I'm considering similar actions.  I recently moved from 90db efficient to 102db efficient speakers and have a small amount of system noise that was not audible previously. I'm running unbalanced gear. Are you conditioning or have protection after the transformer?  Running balanced or unbalanced? Any system noise at all?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: 18 Nov 2014, 02:30 pm »
I'm curious to know what brand iso transformer that is too. 

Housteau

« Reply #29 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:01 pm »
This is a Sola brand.  HS 5 F5 AS    240/480   120/140

It has worked out very well an runs silently.  My noise floor does appear lower, but with the new room so much has changed all at once in the positive directions that it is hard to say what is responsible for which aspect.

Housteau

« Reply #30 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:07 pm »
My gear is mixed with both balanced and unbalanced runs of cable.  I am not runnin any other conditioning, but do use another in room isolation transformer for the computer audio that is isolated from the output of the Sola.

a.wayne

« Reply #31 on: 3 Jan 2015, 08:46 pm »
Hello,

Any pics of finished room......... ?

Housteau

« Reply #32 on: 3 Jan 2015, 10:09 pm »
Hello,

Any pics of finished room......... ?

Yes.  Here is a thread from The Acoustics Circle:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125534.0

Page two has the most recent photos showing the larger corner bass traps and the reasons for going there.

Dave