Buying Help/Guidance PLS:: B&W - DM 330I or Mission 770S

kooki9

Hi All,

I've been reading the posts for the last week or so and found your comments great, so decided to ask a question to you all.  I've just moved country and I am looking to buy a pair of speakers for my system and came across a used pair of B&W - DM 330I and a pair of Mission 770S speakers and I would love to hear your thoughts on them and advice as to which might be the better buy. They will be matched with a Roksan Kandy amp.

I know music and listening is subjective so as a reference point, I thought I should mention that I used to own a pair of Spendor S6s and then downgraded to Kef iQ7 speakers (which I didn't love as much). I love clarity and precision in speakers. Not boom boxes. And I listen to pretty much everything, from classical to music with a beat. I regret selling my Spendor speakers, but I needed the money at the time unfortunately  :duh:. :( & I also got rid of the KEF's because I moved country and thought it was time to change them.

Anyway, both speakers are in different parts of the country and a little hard for me to go check them both out. - So hence the big Q and advice needed.

I have also found a pair of B&O BEOVOX S45-2 that seem to be in good shape, but couldn't figure out how to connect them up to my amp and read that there can be lots of issues on the rubber of these speakers.

Can't wait to read your responses!

kooki9

Re: Buying Help/Guidance PLS:: B&W - DM 330I or Mission 770S
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2016, 12:50 pm »
Sorry for the re-post, I think I shoved this in the wrong part of the forum! :)