Bamberg Series 3 - SOLD

jsalk

Bamberg Series 3 - SOLD
« on: 1 Jun 2016, 03:56 pm »
Phil Bamberg has been designing speakers longer than we've been around.  Recently, he decided that he simply didn't have time to market his speakers and asked if we would be willing to help him sell a couple pairs of his Series 3 speakers.  They are now in our possession.

Here is a picture of the design...

And a shot of the rear of the speaker...

You can read about this design on the BESL web site http://www.bambergaudio.com/products/series3/3tmw.php

The price listed on his site is $5800.

We have two pairs - one in satin black and the other in automotive white.  They are available for $4895 per pair.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 4 Jan 2017, 07:09 pm by jsalk »

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
Re: Bamberg Series 3
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2016, 04:49 pm »
I've had the great pleasure to hear these speakers in Phil's home, and they sound wonderful.  :thumb:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2016, 05:01 pm »
I was impressed with these at AudioKharma a few years back. Very nice speaker with both great imaging and tone.

Cacophonix

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2016, 07:50 pm »
Agreed. I heard them at LSAF a couple of years back, and they were one of the best sounding speakers there. They were driven by a simple emotiva setup, and sounded much better than most of the rooms.

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2016, 10:22 pm »
This makes a little too much sense. I can only see a positive potential from Phil doing work with Salk. It's so true, Phil doesn't really spend the time to sell, and Salk (Jim) has the word out already.

Carl V

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2016, 11:01 pm »
Sporting Salk Signage...no longer Bamberg?

High Gloss White?
Grill Cover Colors.

srb

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jun 2016, 11:36 pm »
So if the Hypex AS2.100d plate amp on the monitor cabinet provides 100W/100W to the mid and tweeter, where is the 170W amp for the woofer?  I only see a speakON connector on the bass cabinet (and is that an RCA jack to the left?).

What is the make/model of the drivers?

Steve

Big Red Machine

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jun 2016, 11:50 pm »
So if the Hypex AS2.100d plate amp on the monitor cabinet provides 100W/100W to the mid and tweeter, where is the 170W amp for the woofer?  I only see a speakON connector on the bass cabinet (and is that an RCA jack to the left?).

What is the make/model of the drivers?

Steve

Doesn't the model 5 have the separate powered woofer?

srb

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jun 2016, 02:46 am »
Doesn't the model 5 have the separate powered woofer?

According to the webpage for the Bamberg Series 3 TMW, internal amplification for the tweeter, midrange and woofer is 100W/100W/170W

http://www.bambergaudio.com/products/series3/3tmw.php

and again in the Series 3 TMW Complete Specifications Binder

http://www.bambergaudio.com/products/series3/3tmw_specs_binder.pdf

Steve

SlushPuppy

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jan 2017, 02:37 am »
The satin black pair are no longer available. They ship tomorrow  8)

Rocket

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jan 2017, 10:39 am »
Hi,

Hope you like your new speakers.

Cheers rod

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #11 on: 4 Jan 2017, 11:16 am »
Bamberg is an awesome engineer. Good for him!  Somebody is going to have a great New Year present!

Best,
Anand.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #12 on: 5 Jan 2017, 04:25 am »
Bamberg is an awesome engineer. Good for him!  Somebody is going to have a great New Year present!

Best,
Anand.

Thanks! Always wanted to try active loudspeakers. The "Trading Post" will have a few additions soon!

SlushPuppy

Re: Bamberg Series 3 - SOLD
« Reply #13 on: 18 Jan 2017, 03:39 am »
Jim,

Thank you for making this happen and for supplying the extra goodies to make them work out of the box. The packaging was perfect, finish awesome, and the communication with you was fast and informative.

----------------------

Philip,

Thank you for designing the best loudspeaker I've ever owned. I'm a previous owner of Acoustat, Martin Logan, Vandersteen, and Magnepan, but this, THIS belongs in a different category. Not out of the box (for sure) as there is a bit of a learning curve with active loudspeakers and it takes many hours to dial them in (uggh), but after much trial and error I am getting ridiculously good sound in my listening room right now. I'm actually kind of giddy because I'm getting sounds from all directions in the room which is crazy with just two speakers. I never had that before. And that bass... Wow! Perfect. My JL Audio E-Sub e112 hasn't been on for days. You truly nailed it with this one! Thanks so much for the fast technical support. Speakers for life!

Thanks guys!

Dave "SlushPuppy" Fiano

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #14 on: 18 Jan 2017, 04:24 am »
Dave,

How far into the room have you placed the speakers? What are the distances from the front and side walls? [I see you've got a large listening room.]

I ask because I am under the impression that Phil's speakers do best when they have room to breathe. Is this correct?

I long ago fell in love with his Series 5 TMW with the SEAS drivers. I also got to hear the red 3s briefly at Axpona '14 during a special showing - too briefly to make a decision, I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Michael

SlushPuppy

« Reply #15 on: 18 Jan 2017, 06:03 pm »
Dave,

How far into the room have you placed the speakers? What are the distances from the front and side walls? [I see you've got a large listening room.]

I ask because I am under the impression that Phil's speakers do best when they have room to breathe. Is this correct?

I long ago fell in love with his Series 5 TMW with the SEAS drivers. I also got to hear the red 3s briefly at Axpona '14 during a special showing - too briefly to make a decision, I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael,

I have a large room but it is oddly shaped. I have two openings on the right side of the room and the front wall is broken-up by a small mechanical bump-out. I currently have them 15" off the front and 24" off the side walls. Just a small bit of toe-in. I had them further out in the room but I didn't get better imaging and I lost a lot of bass performance. 15" is the sweet spot for my room. The bass on the 3's is amazing. Tight and incredibly deep for just a 9" driver. Crazy imaging when you finally get them dialed-in. They are remarkable loudspeakers.

Dave

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2017, 11:01 pm »
Cool Dave, congratulations on the acquisition.  :thumb:  As dB would say, "Welcome to the sweet spot." 

JD

Big Red Machine

« Reply #17 on: 18 Jan 2017, 11:57 pm »
I was impressed with these at AudioKharma a few years back. Very nice speaker with both great imaging and tone.

Quoting myself. How self-important, but I told ya so!! I am happy for you. Should we send you some music files since you will probably be glued to your chair? :lol:

SlushPuppy

« Reply #18 on: 19 Jan 2017, 12:30 am »
Cool Dave, congratulations on the acquisition.  :thumb:  As dB would say, "Welcome to the sweet spot." 

JD

Thanks Arthur! Not enjoying my lack of sleep from staying up so late listening to them!

Dave

SlushPuppy

« Reply #19 on: 19 Jan 2017, 12:36 am »
Quoting myself. How self-important, but I told ya so!! I am happy for you. Should we send you some music files since you will probably be glued to your chair? :lol:

Actually, your post at the top of this thread and a few others convinced me to take a chance on them. Glad I did, these are crazy good for the money spent. Best loudspeakers I've ever owned, that's for sure. No need to send music, My DAC is MQA capable and I won't run out of new Tidal Masters for a very long time!