News

Louis O

News
« on: 9 Mar 2014, 07:22 pm »
Hi All,

Sorry about the radio silence. Looking forward to sharing some of the new things coming up.

Still working on the new 8" Full range driver that will appear in the Paramount line. The new styling will be very similar to the picture listed below. All the floorstanding speakers in this line will have the black bases and will be wide baffle exclusively. The stand mounts will come with OEM custom fitted Sound Anchor stands.

I am working on multiples ( Bipoles and Omnis) for this line and augmented bass. All projects done right take a while though. I'm very excited about this and soon will be showing the projects.

Pictures:

These are CustomShop J32 with Alnico's. They are finished in Zebrawood and have Black criss cross bases. Drivers are set in flush and have Magnet grills.

I'm proud to be working with Sound Anchors and they will be providing fitted stands for any of the models in the lineup. They are superb stands and the build is exceptional. Also they don't need to be put together and filled. Set up is pretty much plug and play after they get unpacked. The sound is fantastic with the speakers and no mid bass bump with these stands.

Added 2 new finishes to EKO. They are Ribbon Striped Mahogany and Figured Walnut.

The EKO laminate is the best I have come across and I have seen and worked with near all of them. I use Horizontal grade which is much much thicker. It's extremely durable, scratch resistant and no maintenance. Much harder to work though and all are post formed cold pressed with PVA glue. I do not use pre-veneered board. The material is 100 percent Canadian Made and although it's more expensive I can't justify using a lesser material. They also have a grain that is 3 dimensional that you can touch and feel. I hand chamfer all edges with a hand file smooth. All the speakers are hand made.

EKO Striped Mahogany

EKO Figured Walnut

An updated website is in the works and maybe I should look into a shopping cart for OmegaNow and get into the 21st century.

I'm working on it and learning along the way.

Thanks again,
Louis

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: News
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2014, 07:26 pm »
Thanks for sharing.
The new 8inches wil be open Alnico magnet as the 7A??
Cheers

Louis O

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2014, 07:29 pm »
Hi FULLRANGEMAN,

They are starting off as Ferrite magnet for now. I am using the old frame and that's it. Everything else is new.

Thanks,
Louis

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2014, 07:37 pm »
Thanks for inform.

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2014, 07:39 pm »
My Pleasure

nature boy

« Reply #5 on: 9 Mar 2014, 10:25 pm »
Louis, excellent stuff. Thanks for sharing.  I am looking forward to your new Paramount line and the 8" drivers.

NB

jorgen

« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2014, 10:26 pm »
Hi all
The first presented speakers are the ones I am getting! Louis; I know I am repeating myself, but I find these to be really really good looking and Im really looking forward to getting them and see them in person! Im really really looking forward to get to know the sound of these speakers.

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #7 on: 9 Mar 2014, 11:37 pm »
Looking good!  Congrats Jorgen!

Louis,

Are those flat bases attached to the cabinet bottom, or do they have a lip around the cabinets themselves, can't tell.  Also curious about the lack of tilt.  Are those that much taller or do you have something else in mind?

Naturally wondering about bases for my Super 7 XRS'. 

beowulf

« Reply #8 on: 10 Mar 2014, 03:55 am »
Hi all
The first presented speakers are the ones I am getting! Louis; I know I am repeating myself, but I find these to be really really good looking and Im really looking forward to getting them and see them in person! Im really really looking forward to get to know the sound of these speakers.

Wow Jorgen, those are sexy!  Did you get the Decware amp in Zebra too?

beowulf

« Reply #9 on: 10 Mar 2014, 04:02 am »
Are those flat bases attached to the cabinet bottom, or do they have a lip around the cabinets themselves, can't tell.  Also curious about the lack of tilt.  Are those that much taller or do you have something else in mind?

Good questions pstrisik, I would also like to add ...

1. Why the base at all and can these be tilted back?

2. How does the Omni look/work (how many drivers, etc.)?

3. Are there specs for the 8" Paramount?

4. How much will the 8" Paramount floor standers cost?

Thanks and I really like the new Walnut EKO you have pictured here!

cbarth

« Reply #10 on: 10 Mar 2014, 09:42 am »
Great looking speakers!

I`ve been sitting on the fence for some time, waiting for something to show up.
And these seem to fit my bill!

Will there be a monitor with new 8" driver?

Cbarth

jorgen

« Reply #11 on: 10 Mar 2014, 01:08 pm »
Hi Beowolf
I ordered the amp with an oak wooden base. It will fit nicely together with  the zebrawood and also with flooring and other decor. A nice touch is the black base as I also have a few black details on the floors etc

Louis O

« Reply #12 on: 10 Mar 2014, 11:57 pm »
hi Jorgen,

Many thanks and those are your speakers. They came out great and look better in person. Can't wait for you to get them and set up with your new amp. The J part of the model # is your initial and the 32 is the volume.

Hi beowulf and nature boy,

Many thanks for the kind words and I appreciate it a lot.

Hi pstrisik,

The bases are flat and 1.5" thick. They are laminated and bolted to the bottom with a special cabinet screw and I also run a bead of sealant in between the speakers and the bases. They won't come apart and they are a bit decoupled.

Hi beowulf,

I will elaborate more on the new speakers tomorrow and get some more info out there on the paramounts and the new 8's. I will say it's a bit early on the specs, but the standmount will resemble my old Superhemp and may even be a bit larger. The multipoint with either be bipole and or a front firing and top firing driver. Will make wide baffle floorstanders too.

Hi cbarth,

I'm very happy you like the new speakers and the first version will be a standmount speaker with the 8" driver. I will have a custom Sound Anchor stand made for them too.

Thanks again,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #13 on: 12 Mar 2014, 12:18 am »
Hi All,

At the end of the week I will have a concept that I have been working on. It's a custom project and I will have pictures and description. It's a large standmount style right now, but can easily be a floorstander.

Thanks again,
Louis