My Experience with Mike's Customer Service

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Re: My Experience with Mike's Customer Service
« Reply #20 on: 18 Apr 2018, 10:22 pm »
Looks great, Mike.  This will fit nicely between my 3.5 and 12 watt tube amps.

ngamountains

« Reply #21 on: 18 Apr 2018, 11:03 pm »
Mike, the photos you've shown above look great!  Please refresh my memory, I ordered one of the Takachi case amps and can't recall if that was Lot 6 or 7.  Do you have a rough estimate of timing to ship those?  Thanks.

bavmike

« Reply #22 on: 18 Apr 2018, 11:18 pm »
You’ll need to send me an email. Because I don’t know who you are based on your moniker.

ngamountains

« Reply #23 on: 19 Apr 2018, 02:38 am »
Sorry about that.  Website message sent.

bavmike

« Reply #24 on: 19 Apr 2018, 05:28 am »
Sorry about that.  Website message sent.

No problem! When people talk to me on here using a totally different name than when via email, I often have no idea who they actually are. Which I why I prefer client specific questions to be asked via email or my website contact box.

bavmike

« Reply #25 on: 20 Apr 2018, 11:02 pm »
So I got all amps out I have cases for but 3. Those will go out Monday. Then on Monday I'm heading to Vancouver to pickup a bunch of black panels, and take more cases to get anodized. I also discovered a few small scratches on the panels I had here. So I need to get the anodizing stripped, refinished and anodized again. PITA! Anyways by the end of next week I'll have all lot 1-6 amps out except 7 or 8.

raddar

« Reply #26 on: 25 Apr 2018, 07:11 pm »
My standard Purepower amp arrived yesterday. Last week I received an email from DHL stating the amp would arrive on 4/26 followed by a surprise email stating the amp would be delivered on the 24th. It was easy to provide instructions, a release signature and the building code to leave the amp at my front door since I was out of town. My wife received the package and DHL did a great job of expediting their delivery date and getting it to our front door (a lot better than UPS or Fed Ex). The amp was well packed in bubble wrap and the build quality, lettering and fit and finish ( I ordered the black case) is quite impressive. I won't have time to hook up the amp until this weekend however I wanted to let Mike know that I received the amp in perfect condition and earlier than expected by 2 days. I will follow up with listening impressions early next week :thumb:

bavmike

« Reply #27 on: 25 Apr 2018, 07:34 pm »
Great to hear. I look forward to your impressions.

bavmike

« Reply #28 on: 25 Apr 2018, 09:32 pm »
Just got back from Vancouver. Got enough panels to build most of the black lot 1-6 amps. But found a flaw on the heatsinks for the remaining outstanding Lot 1-6 silver and 2-3 of the black cases. It’s going to take until next week until they’re ready for anodizing now. This is the 3rd run of these remaining heatsinks. I’m not impressed. I drove around all day yesterday getting them from the vapor blaster, then taking them to the anodizer. Opened up to inspect before anodizing, and there’s a small hairline machining mark across some of the fins. I will not ship this way to my clients. So I took them back to the machine shop and they’re honing the surface down flat with 400 grit wet sandpaper. Then they need vapor blasted again. But vapor blaster can’t do until Tuesday. It just never ends.