MM S2.10

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
MM S2.10
« on: 8 Dec 2014, 11:16 pm »
Hi Fellas,

I realize its been awhile since i have released an update for Manic Moose, S2.10 has been quite update.  If you interested in checking it out, i have posted how to update to S2.10 and how to downgrade to S2.06 here, along with a list of changes.

http://support.bryston.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=134

Cheers,
Chris

ttsto

Re: MM S2.10
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2014, 08:26 pm »
Will be possible to save Playlists with some settings, like Consume or Random?

bjski

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2014, 02:44 am »
Downloaded the new firmeware to my BDP-2 & BDP-1. Haven't played around with it but I did notice it's now showing what the sampling rates are.

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2014, 07:16 pm »
Chris, I just wanted to thank you for your work on MM. I use it with my BDP-2, and it works smoothly and effectively for me. I appreciate the improvements, tweaks, and bug fixes with each iteration and want to commend you for your responsiveness to users. The BDP just gets more and more pleasurable to use.

Cheerio,

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2014, 01:44 am »
Will be possible to save Playlists with some settings, like Consume or Random?

You should be able to save playlists already.  I'll see about remembering he playback options between reboots.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2014, 01:45 am »
Chris, I just wanted to thank you for your work on MM. I use it with my BDP-2, and it works smoothly and effectively for me. I appreciate the improvements, tweaks, and bug fixes with each iteration and want to commend you for your responsiveness to users. The BDP just gets more and more pleasurable to use.

Cheerio,

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

Thanks  :thumb:

steve88d

« Reply #6 on: 13 Dec 2014, 01:27 pm »
Chris
Just wanted you to know this Beta version is working great! It appears to have corrected all my previous problems with 2:06 on my BDP-1. I even reverted back to LL for a while. But now I have been using 2.10 for 5 days and I'm very happy with it.

The problems I WAS having on 2.06 that are now gone:
front panel display remaining stuck on previous track = gone
front panel display turning off = gone
album art and current playing track information remaining stuck in MM web page = gone
player unresponsive and has to be restarted = gone
biggest previous problem, a custom playlist with multiple songs from different albums played in shuffle mode would always freeze my player = gone

Will you post here to inform us when the permanent consumer version of the firmware is available? Is it even necessary to replace the Beta with the permanent version if this is working so good for me?
Thank you for all your hard work correcting these issues.  :D
Steve

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #7 on: 13 Dec 2014, 02:24 pm »
Hi Steve

This firmware is another started from scratch and I had been dealing with a resource issue causing web browser to become buggy, slow and ultimately crash.  I think in gave this issue resolved as the few people who have posted feedback havn't said anything.  Feel free to continue using it, it's still missing a few key features, primarily the upnp renderer service; until this is added back in I can't really release it as a stable release.

I am aiming for a Febuary 15' release, along side the BOT-1.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #8 on: 14 Dec 2014, 01:30 pm »
HI Chris,

Just to let you know that the flickering issue I've reported on previously , is still acting up. I'd even be tempted to say it does so heavier than before...

Also, the Bradio search field, as any of the other clickable table headers, is ineffective? Nothing happens clicking any of them. Searching for a radiostation thus means scrolling the full list.

Also, did you already implement the bbc radio 3 .pls station possibility? Can't seem to get it to play at all.

Cheers,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #9 on: 17 Dec 2014, 02:18 am »
HI Chris,

Just to let you know that the flickering issue I've reported on previously , is still acting up. I'd even be tempted to say it does so heavier than before...

Also, the Bradio search field, as any of the other clickable table headers, is ineffective? Nothing happens clicking any of them. Searching for a radiostation thus means scrolling the full list.

Also, did you already implement the bbc radio 3 .pls station possibility? Can't seem to get it to play at all.

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius,

I'm having difficulties reproducing that issue, so I have resorted to guessing.  Tonight's update is my first stab at it, it should hopefully clean up arifacts from the cover art changing.

The text box in bRadio isn't for sorting, although it could be I suppose; it's to allow users to add custom icecast servers that arn't in the shoutcast database.  Copy the URL in, either the server address or a URL to a pls or m3u playlist file and click "play" and the BDP should connect to it.

Send me the link and I'll try to see what's what.  A customer from Montreal had troubles playin a local station, CHOM; oddly enough niether Gary or I had any issue with our own units.  The customers BDP, in the MPD logs simply reported an unsupported number a channels in the steam.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #10 on: 17 Dec 2014, 06:35 am »
HI Chris,

the bbd stream is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls

since that might be geotagged.... another stream is available on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3.asx

I've always made playlists with only one stream in them, but these won't play.

Lets hope the guessing is right, It might indeed be related to the album art issue. Don't forget Safari acts differently from Chrome: safari always pushes the topbar in view (thus the bottom part of the album art out of view) and shakes and flickers doing so. Chrome doesn't (but doesn't keep the menubar in view either).

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius,

I'm having difficulties reproducing that issue, so I have resorted to guessing.  Tonight's update is my first stab at it, it should hopefully clean up arifacts from the cover art changing.

The text box in bRadio isn't for sorting, although it could be I suppose; it's to allow users to add custom icecast servers that arn't in the shoutcast database.  Copy the URL in, either the server address or a URL to a pls or m3u playlist file and click "play" and the BDP should connect to it.

Send me the link and I'll try to see what's what.  A customer from Montreal had troubles playin a local station, CHOM; oddly enough niether Gary or I had any issue with our own units.  The customers BDP, in the MPD logs simply reported an unsupported number a channels in the steam.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #11 on: 17 Dec 2014, 04:16 pm »
I'm still not sure why that doesn't play for you as it works fine here.  I have noticed something in common between the link you sent me and the link that the customer from montreal gave me; both appear to be variable bit rate, you could try this link

http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_intl_lc_radio3_q?s=1418825377&e=1418839777&h=d13b816e3d96aa7699b76afdf4e995d9

but i suspect you'll have the same problem.

Thats a thought, i should dust off my mac and do a more thorough test with it.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #12 on: 18 Dec 2014, 02:35 pm »
Hey Chris,

Your link does work, but it is in low bitrate, and it won't show the tracks being played by the station. My .pls and .asx streams still don't work, let alone it being a higher res stream it is supposed to be... :scratch:

Itunes has no issues playing them, so probably it its geotagged after all?.... btw, what listing is that, it is rather extensive, seems a lot bigger than the listing Bryston uses

did you already upload the firmware you mentioned? No updates showing here.
Root is gone also?

Cheers,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #13 on: 23 Dec 2014, 02:46 pm »
HI Chris,

Latest beta stopped the flickering completely! this is wonderful news, and so much better. Thanks for that.

Only thing now: I've updated the bdp1  but still all the red entries in the folder browser are displayed. Ive clicked the + many times now, they're still there.
what to do? Notice the double entries. (before i had some non  recognized files displayed there, could this be indicating the location of the files, instead of the files themselves?

Cheers,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #14 on: 24 Dec 2014, 02:45 am »
HI Chris,

Latest beta stopped the flickering completely! this is wonderful news, and so much better. Thanks for that.

Only thing now: I've updated the bdp1  but still all the red entries in the folder browser are displayed. Ive clicked the + many times now, they're still there.
what to do? Notice the double entries. (before i had some non  recognized files displayed there, could this be indicating the location of the files, instead of the files themselves?

Cheers,
Marius

I suspect those are old mount points that no longer contain music and will stay there until you turn the show missing folders and files feature off.  The fact it shows multiple times is a known issue, the function that displays the information is called multiple times.  I've never gotten it to occur consistently enough to properly troubleshoot the issue, as it's more of a Minor nuisance it's been pretty low on the priority list.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #15 on: 28 Dec 2014, 09:04 pm »
HI Chris,

is there a way to tell new updates are available when on the beta program?
and, on the system tab, a NEWS link is displayed, pointing to /news. Nothing there?

Thanks for the other issues, ill have another look, and rebuild to be sure.

Marius

bjski

« Reply #16 on: 31 Dec 2014, 06:11 am »
Chris,
I'm using a BDP-1 and a BDP-2 with the new firmware. I like the new firmware. It resolved some issues I had with the previous version. Those issue's were minor but they have been resolved.

I have two issue's with the BDP-2 and the BDA-2. I installed a solid state drive 500gb. I must unplug my other 2 drives to burn any music to the BDA-2 drive. Yes, the drives are bigger than the SSD. The music must also be very common or I get unknown artist file. All of my CD library has been ripped so it's only new Cd's that I'm trying to rip to the BDA-2 SSD. I have ordered a BOT so this should make ripping easier.

If I save a playlist and try to use it several days later I get a skip during playback. I just make up a new playlist with the same songs and all is well. Just a very slight inconvenience. I also have the old mounts showing up and I haven't tried to correct my files.

I've gotten a new toy,a Pono and been spending to much time loading music to the Pono.

If you have any questions about the BDP-1 or 2 with the new firmware fire away.
Cheers,
BJ

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #17 on: 4 Jan 2015, 11:47 pm »
HI Chris,

is there a way to tell new updates are available when on the beta program?
and, on the system tab, a NEWS link is displayed, pointing to /news. Nothing there?

Thanks for the other issues, ill have another look, and rebuild to be sure.

Marius

Hi Marious,

Other then to check it periodically, not yet.  The NEWS link is suppose to take you to the MPD change log.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #18 on: 4 Jan 2015, 11:51 pm »
Chris,
I'm using a BDP-1 and a BDP-2 with the new firmware. I like the new firmware. It resolved some issues I had with the previous version. Those issue's were minor but they have been resolved.

I have two issue's with the BDP-2 and the BDA-2. I installed a solid state drive 500gb. I must unplug my other 2 drives to burn any music to the BDA-2 drive. Yes, the drives are bigger than the SSD. The music must also be very common or I get unknown artist file. All of my CD library has been ripped so it's only new Cd's that I'm trying to rip to the BDA-2 SSD. I have ordered a BOT so this should make ripping easier.

If I save a playlist and try to use it several days later I get a skip during playback. I just make up a new playlist with the same songs and all is well. Just a very slight inconvenience. I also have the old mounts showing up and I haven't tried to correct my files.

I've gotten a new toy,a Pono and been spending to much time loading music to the Pono.

If you have any questions about the BDP-1 or 2 with the new firmware fire away.
Cheers,
BJ
Hi BJ,

Have you tried using the web GUI portion of the ripping software? Atleast you should be able to enter the information.

Cheers
Chris

vonnie123

« Reply #19 on: 13 Jan 2015, 07:58 am »
sucessfully loaded MM2.10 on the BDP-1 but having trouble updated artist view DB.  gets to about 60% and locks up, creating music dropouts.  Partitioned 500 GB HDD, with about 10000 tracks.

Similar result without tracks selected or playing.
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2015, 09:07 am by vonnie123 »